Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Here is my tribute to the blue vs green vs red reloading gear argument.

Attachment 281454
    Huge!!!! Looks awesome

Video of it in action?

Boolit Bub
    Came home about 20 hours into my print to see there is a lip around the bowl and a bad seam??? At first I thought that there was a gap in the Z or layer shift, but the sides of the bowl above the base seem like they are printed right on the edge of the base walls and it seems to go all the way around. Not pulling the plug at this stage but curious what people think may have caused this. Overture PLA+ at 220 / 80 on a stock Ender 5 pro with bl touch.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bfbody.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	281501

Quote Originally Posted by r4ndy View Post
    Came home about 20 hours into my print to see there is a lip around the bowl and a bad seam??? At first I thought that there was a gap in the Z or layer shift, but the sides of the bowl above the base seem like they are printed right on the edge of the base walls and it seems to go all the way around. Not pulling the plug at this stage but curious what people think may have caused this. Overture PLA+ at 220 / 80 on a stock Ender 5 pro with bl touch.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bfbody.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	281501
    Nothing to worry about. Let it ride.......

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the reassurance, any idea what might cause the walls of the bowl to stick out a hair like that?

Boolit Buddy
    This is so weird. I feel like this is a regression bug somehow. New body added with ramp. should be up in the next 5 mins or so.
    I had not even noticed that, since All I have been printing is the JGY370 (Correction M634JS) base... I see the potential issue... But I will wait till it effects me before I re-print
    Last edited by Anuccite; 04-19-2021 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    I had not even noticed that, since All I have been printing is the JGY370 (Correction M634JS) base... I see the potential issue... But I will wait till it effects me before I re-print
    You could always just take a file and manually bevel that edge. Probably take about 30 seconds.

Boolit Buddy
    You could always just take a file and manually bevel that edge. Probably take about 30 seconds.
    Where is the fun in that!

Boolit Mold
    Hello everyone, new guy here (but I've been a reloader since I sat on my grandpa's lap beating .38 special cases into a Lee hand die when I was 8 years old...LOL!) anyway.....
    Is there a current link to the files and manual without reading all 200 pages of this thread? I've randomly been searching, but no luck.
    Thanks in advance!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbender View Post
    Hello everyone, new guy here (but I've been a reloader since I sat on my grandpa's lap beating .38 special cases into a Lee hand die when I was 8 years old...LOL!) anyway.....
    Is there a current link to the files and manual without reading all 200 pages of this thread? I've randomly been searching, but no luck.
    Thanks in advance!
    Look at TylerR's post.... it's all in his signature

Boolit Mold
    Look at TylerR's post.... it's all in his signature
    Thank you Sir!

And thank you TylerR, I know how much work and time is involved for these projects!!

Boolit Mold
    Been a minute since I posted anything here but it has evolved in a massive way since I built my first AM type feeder. Im waiting on mats to build units 3 and 4 and just wanna say thank you to all you dudes who have contributed to this project as a whole. Im gonna call out o416 for his fantastic work on the manual and the generator which saved me some head scratching with all the parts thats in the project file now. Keep up the good work yall.

Quote Originally Posted by shibbykins View Post
    Been a minute since I posted anything here but it has evolved in a massive way since I built my first AM type feeder. Im waiting on mats to build units 3 and 4 and just wanna say thank you to all you dudes who have contributed to this project as a whole. Im gonna call out o416 for his fantastic work on the manual and the generator which saved me some head scratching with all the parts thats in the project file now. Keep up the good work yall.
    Thanks guys. Good luck with the builds. If you follow o416's excellent manual you should have no issues.

Just thought I would share a quick video of the latest "Mongo" collator.

Last edited by TylerR; 04-20-2021 at 09:44 PM.

They are all falling base down before they even get to the ramp........is this a new method I don't know about?

Oh! Wait!......duh......cases........not bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    They are all falling base down before they even get to the ramp........is this a new method I don't know about?

Oh! Wait!......duh......cases........not bullets.
    Ha! yeah, mongo is really a case feeder. There would be no reason to load it up with bullets. Just too large.

Some 300bo with the small rifle brass plate. Way more then I would put in if actually loading. more of a stress test.

Looks like someone is selling AmmoMikes version with Tom's mods on ebay.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/11477304268...MAAOSwJ9dgHYK-

Boolit Buddy

300 BO 215 Gr

TylerR

I am using Brazo's 215gr Powder coated bullet....

Not every one is turning for me when needed..... Maybe an issue with edge on my slide plate?

Here is a pic of them.... .195 at head, .309 at base

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210424_120343.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	281837

And A Video...

TylerR

I am using Brazo's 215gr Powder coated bullet....

Not every one is turning for me when needed..... Maybe an issue with edge on my slide plate?

Here is a pic of them.... .195 at head, .309 at base

And A Video...
    It's that flat nose. A couple of things you could try. you could first try just running the feeder at less angle. If that doesn't do it, you could sand down the ridge a little bit, or you could sand the back of the plate down so it can slide in further.

Boolit Buddy
    It's that flat nose. A couple of things you could try. you could first try just running the feeder at less angle. If that doesn't do it, you could sand down the ridge a little bit, or you could sand the back of the plate down so it can slide in further.
    Roger that! Will do....

I'll start be sanding the back on the plate so it can slide in just a little further
    Last edited by Anuccite; 04-26-2021 at 09:27 AM.

Page 225 of 360 FirstFirst ... 125175215216217218219220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235275325 ... LastLast