Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    you bet, If you want to test it. Give me a little bit and I will throw it in the downloads.
    cool thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greekman View Post
    cool thanks
    Its up there.

Quote Originally Posted by SoggyCashew View Post
    Hello, I'm having a bit of trouble with getting my bullet side correlator working correctly. In the short video it shows the bullet fall out before the ramp and not flipping it. I have this at a 45 degree angle and using Bullet_Nose_Up_Slide_Plate_#5 for 9mm bullets.

What am I doing wrong?
    Not enough angle on the feeder. Go steeper.

Boolit Bub
    Its up there.
    WOW! 54+ hour print that thing is a beast !!!

I'll check back in a few days with yall lol

Quote Originally Posted by greekman View Post
    WOW! 54+ hour print that thing is a beast !!!

I'll check back in a few days with yall lol

Hoping to throw mine on tomorrow. Still debating on which motor to go with.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by tanders View Post
    I think you either have some "elephant foot" issues happening or you need to calibrate your xy on your printer. If either of these are set correctly you could have this issue.
    So I've finally sorted out the reason for my ID's of holes being to small which I posted about previously. I knew PLA material would shrink and that was what was causing the ID's to be to small. I turned on the Horizontal Hole Expansion feature in Cura and for my printer I was consistently off by 0.4mm, so I set the expansion to be 0.2mm. This setting coupled with randomizing the seams fixed my ID fit issue. I'll add this as a setting change/note to be put into the manual.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Macscotts56 View Post
    So I've finally sorted out the reason for my ID's of holes being to small which I posted about previously. I knew PLA material would shrink and that was what was causing the ID's to be to small. I turned on the Horizontal Hole Expansion feature in Cura and for my printer I was consistently off by 0.4mm, so I set the expansion to be 0.2mm. This setting coupled with randomizing the seams fixed my ID fit issue. I'll add this as a setting change/note to be put into the manual.
    wow did not know cura had a setting like that awesome digging

Boolit Mold
    8 hours into a 48-hour print. I used blaze orange so I wouldn't lose track of my feeder Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210413_170009.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	281268
    Last edited by Macscotts56; 04-13-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Printing the big boy. Still got a ways to go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unknown.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	488.8 KB 
ID:	281302

Looks huge!

Also appears you're keeping to the same motor. Good luck with the new Machine! No complaints with my Creality machine .....except their black glass beds. Those are fine for a short while, but then I had constant lifting problems. Notice that Tyler has already changed his to the green polypropylene bed right out of the gate.....as will I if I ever buy another. I appreciate Tyler's recommendation to my lifting problems. Cures them all unless you print too hot.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Looks huge!

Also appears you're keeping to the same motor. Good luck with the new Machine! No complaints with my Creality machine .....except their black glass beds. Those are fine for a short while, but then I had constant lifting problems. Notice that Tyler has already changed his to the green polypropylene bed right out of the gate.....as will I if I ever buy another. I appreciate Tyler's recommendation to my lifting problems. Cures them all unless you print too hot.
    It is very large. Its like owning a F350 to drive around town in, and never actually tow anything. You don't need it but its still cool. haha
    Man I swear by the polypropylene beds. They just work. I had to cut this one down on my chop saw cause I couldn't find one that was 350x350.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    My next print has to be an off-reloading-subject. Groan! A "Clone Trooper" helmet from Clone Wars. Unthinkable on my 300x300x400 CR10v2. A Grand Son has been begging for months....so I ordered some white Overture PLA+. Maybe that's too big for even your machine in one piece too?..........can't say I'm looking forward to it....might should have ordered 2 rolls. Maybe your kids are smarter than that?

Or maybe you could print this one in double scale instead of the 1.5 scale illustrated below, that I did for another Grand Son.

So this blue monstrosity you're printing is the same size as a Dillon case feeder, right? (pun intended....)
    That helmet is pretty darn cool.

Yes it is the same size as the Dillon, and you are going to love my color scheme, as will Ed. Bet you can probably guess the two colors I will be using.

Boolit Mold
    First I must say a big thank you to TylerR and all contributors to this great bullet feeder. A great manual and smart designs.

I have printed and tried the AmmoMike bullet feeder but didn't get it to work with my favourite cast bullets, the Lee .358RF, Lee.452RF and the Lee .452RN.

Now I have printed and tested the TylerR version, and it works good with two of my favourite bullets when used for nose down feeding to my Lee APP.

But I can't get it t work with the Lee .452RF. It seems like the bullet is too short, and it jams the collatorwheel when trying to flip the bullet to nose down orientation. Is there another collatorwheel I can use or another ramp maybe? Any solutions to this problem? See picture, the left bullet is jammed.

Name:	BulletJam.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	281435

Thanks
    McCrower
    Norway.
    Last edited by McCrower; 04-17-2021 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McCrower View Post
    First I must say a big thank you to TylerR and all contributors to this great bullet feeder. A great manual and smart designs.

I have printed and tried the AmmoMike bullet feeder but didn't get it to work with my favourite cast bullets, the Lee .358RF, Lee.452RF and the Lee .452RN.

Now I have printed and tested the TylerR version, and it works good with two of my favourite bullets when used for nose down feeding to my Lee APP.

But I can't get it t work with the Lee .452RF. It seems like the bullet is too short, and it jams the collatorwheel when trying to flip the bullet to nose down orientation. Is there another collatorwheel I can use or another ramp maybe? Any solutions to this problem? See picture, the left bullet is jammed.
    Those short fat boolits can definitely pose a challenge. If you look back in the thread there have been some discussion about them. You can try and tighten up the slot the boolit sits in so it has less room to go sideways. I am not sure if you have the latest ramp or not, because it was recently changed. If not you can try the new one.

Here is my tribute to the blue vs green vs red reloading gear argument.

Name:	unknown.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	281454

I'll bet it works just as good as an all blue one.......and brightens up your man cave considerably. I like it.....even with the blue in it!!

BTW, I tried printing a helmet part yesterday and failed.....using the white version of the Overture PLA+. Color sometimes DOES make a huge difference in a particular PLA product...... With helmets I've discovered that supports are necessary everywhere....ugh. And they better stick.....and sure enough in that print, they didn't and the PLA was globby and stringy. Frustration once again... Back to investigation mode.....
    Last edited by GWS; 04-17-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Boolit Master

Love it!
    Ed

McCrower,

First off, how are things in Norway? Love to see people from overseas on here. And I hope you are finding the designs useful.
    I have posted a modified .45 plate to dropbox. It has the boolit slots reduced to 11.7mm. The boolits may have a harder time getting in there, but it reduces the play and will cause it to ride farther out, thus more chance of it getting picked up by the ramp and not jamming. I also posted the latest ramp for your convenience. I hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegEd View Post
    Love it!
    Ed
    I won't lie, I had you and GWS in mind when I came up with it.

Boolit Bub

Nice Tribute

Page 224 of 358 FirstFirst ... 124174214215216217218219220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234274324 ... LastLast