Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by tanders View Post
    Hopefully in the next day or so I will be rolling out some case feed adapters for the dillon. They will directly replace the dillon adapter and allow the spring connector to link directly into it. Eliminating quite a few pieces and adapters needed. I already have a list of calibers that I plan to come out with. Please let me know if you would need a different caliber than listed and I will do my best to create it.
    9mm
    40 S&W
    10mm
    45ACP
    44 Mag
    300 blackout
    6.5 Creedmoor

Attachment 279803
    Thanks for posting these up! Very slick. I finally got around to printing one up and changing my config around for the case feeding. Spring too short now since the ALT tube is shorter, so almost doubled the length of the case feed adapter. I know, I'm a cheap bastard, but it works now and I don't have to buy new spring or lower my rig.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2749.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	280731

Boolit Bub
    TylerR....just wanted to give a quick update. Everything is working great. Outstanding work!!! Just a little disappointed that I got 2 .223 bullets BND the other day. That's 2 out of about 3000. So disappointing!!

Case feeding is awesome with the 9mm, .380 and .223. Have not used it yet with the 300 BO.
    Bullet feeding it equally awesome!! BNU works great on all my 9mm RN (even cast) and .223, Working on the FN and .380. 300 BO in the future.

Clutches are AMAZING!!

Printed up the bullet droppers to test out. 9mm and .223, I have the DAA ones. All I can say is BRILLIANT!! They work much better than the DAA ones. I've shelved those and will be selling them. Drop perfectly every time.

Also printed up most of the Lee APP stuff. Makes the Lee APP a pleasure to work with! Still haven't tested the BND for 9mm cast stuff yet so I can quickly run them through the sizer. That will be soon.

Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work. Hats off to you my man and if you need anything, don't hesitate to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by kc10kevin View Post
    TylerR....just wanted to give a quick update. Everything is working great. Outstanding work!!! Just a little disappointed that I got 2 .223 bullets BND the other day. That's 2 out of about 3000. So disappointing!!

Case feeding is awesome with the 9mm, .380 and .223. Have not used it yet with the 300 BO.
    Bullet feeding it equally awesome!! BNU works great on all my 9mm RN (even cast) and .223, Working on the FN and .380. 300 BO in the future.

Clutches are AMAZING!!

Printed up the bullet droppers to test out. 9mm and .223, I have the DAA ones. All I can say is BRILLIANT!! They work much better than the DAA ones. I've shelved those and will be selling them. Drop perfectly every time.

Also printed up most of the Lee APP stuff. Makes the Lee APP a pleasure to work with! Still haven't tested the BND for 9mm cast stuff yet so I can quickly run them through the sizer. That will be soon.

Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work. Hats off to you my man and if you need anything, don't hesitate to contact me.
    Wow! That is some awesome feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share how it has all been working out. Not sure if you know or not, but there are a lot of fans of your dual mount setup.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Wow! That is some awesome feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share how it has all been working out. Not sure if you know or not, but there are a lot of fans of your dual mount setup.
    You're most welcome. Well deserved!

That's great to hear. I'm happy that some folks can get some use out of it. It seems to work good for me....I still haven't even tapped and screwed everything down. I like the fact that I can move it back and forth on the pole if I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Not bad at all....I keep having .223's that stick at the bottom of the ramp.....always 55 grain.....but I figured out the cure....just a slight reshape at the point.

In the picture the stock item is on the right.....the fix on the left....no more binding with the little .223's.

See what you think TylerR. Download:

TylerR, the purple horiz. face turned out to be maybe a mm high, but it doesn't seem to matter....if you make one, drop it a mm. (I will pull that face down a mm today, and repost) I did not lengthen it at all just made a 3mm high platform with an all important angle slice on the outer corner. Really works nice. I just dropped a new box of those 55's...100 bullets fed and not one fail. 100% base-down. (did use a 6-32 set screw in the back of the bullet drop insert to keep it out a little....don't know that you have to use a tap first, but I did just to make screwing it in the first time easier....done it both ways.)

The problem with the stock part is the crack between the ramp and the slider.....the tips stick in the crack about every 4th bullet (Sierra soft points) The platform fills the crevasse that catches them.

First attempt failed....tips stick caught maybe once every 8..... the triangle facet cured that. Then a hundred straight without a miss.
    GWS, Can take a quick pic of your setup using that modified ramp? I just to see closeup what you got going on there.

Boolit Mold
    i got some problems with 62gr .223 FMJ
    on the main body (JGY370) is the ramp on the slide plate housing missing
    pleas add this ramp

Name:	jgy-370.JPG 
Views:	385 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	280837

Name:	ramped.JPG 
Views:	374 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	280838

Quote Originally Posted by HAL9000 View Post
    i got some problems with 62gr .223 FMJ
    on the main body (JGY370) is the ramp on the slide plate housing missing
    pleas add this ramp
    This is so weird. I feel like this is a regression bug somehow. New body added with ramp. should be up in the next 5 mins or so.

Boolit Mold
    great thanks!
    does anyone printed the main body mirrored? the case feeder, mounted at my xl650, is right about the center of the case tube.
    but the bullet feeder, i got an offset of about 24 cm.
    mirrored will be 14cm less.
    sure the ramp and the slides must be printet mirrored too, but else should it work, or?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mirrored.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	280840

Boolit Mold
    This is so weird. I feel like this is a regression bug somehow. New body added with ramp. should be up in the next 5 mins or so.
    TylerR, Are all the bodies supposed to have this ramp? I just looked at the file for my 634JS and it doesn't have this ramp either...in fact the only file with the ramp is the ETZGMP38...I was just about to start printing the body when I saw this post...let me know...I don't want to start printing the body if it's wrong...thanks!

Brian

Boolit Mold
    EDIT---I just downloaded the newest v1.4.5 files and the 634JS body has a ramp there...so I guess I'll use the newer files...

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    So TylerR, did you try the .stl I posted? I was concerned a little because my slicer had to correct errors before it would slice. I have problems using DesignSpark in getting entities to snap exactly where they should go. Autocad is way more easy to get exactness......for me at least. I study every tutorial I can find on DesignSpark, but what I have doesn't work as well as what they show in the videos.....maybe it's just harder to do on a laptop....smaller 17" screen....and menu items that are to small for my eyes to see well. Did the videos help or confuse? Never heard a response.
    Hi GWS. The videos you posted helped me greatly to understand what is going on with the small rifle bullets. Thank you. I have not actually tried your new ramp stl file, but I am rolling around in my head how to best address. Anything I come up with I want to be something that works with any bullet.

Boolit Mold
    TylerR, When using the parts generator and selecting 300 BLK (nose up), it always generates a Rifle_Bullet_Collator_Plate_Long_#11.stl for the collator plate, even if I have 300 BLK selected in the collator plate generator. Are you supposed to generate the parts from the project generator tab FIRST, and then go into the collator plate generator and generate the 300 BLK collator separately, or am I doing something wrong?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by BrianJ View Post
    TylerR, When using the parts generator and selecting 300 BLK (nose up), it always generates a Rifle_Bullet_Collator_Plate_Long_#11.stl for the collator plate, even if I have 300 BLK selected in the collator plate generator. Are you supposed to generate the parts from the project generator tab FIRST, and then go into the collator plate generator and generate the 300 BLK collator separately, or am I doing something wrong?

Brian
    The collator plate generator is completely independent from the parts generator. They do not talk to each other in any way. If you are loading 300bo with shorter (non subsonic) rounds, just select .308 as your options in the parts generator. The #11 plate is really more for very long bullets like subsonic 300BO and 6.5 Creedmoor. The other option is to just go in and look at the actual files for what you need.

GWS, I have modified the stock ramp in a way that I believe will fix the issue with the smaller bullets, and not have any other negative effects.

Am I going crazy, or did a bunch of posts just go missing?

Boolit Mold
    Has anyone had issues with the bullet feed dies fitting inside of the drop tubes? I'm trying to get the 223 feed die to insert into the drop tube and unless this is mean to be a press fit I don't see how they are supposed to fit together. The ID of the #7 drop tube is 16.06mm and the OD of the 223 fed die is 16.36mm. If these are supposed to be a press fit please let me know. I'm using an

Ender 3 V2,
    Overature PLA+,
    205 C extruder temp
    50 C bed Temp.
    0.12 layer height
    I've calibrated my extruder e-steps
    My print speeds are Infill, 40; wall, 30; an initial layer speed 20.
    Last edited by Macscotts56; 04-05-2021 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macscotts56 View Post
    Has anyone had issues with the bullet feed dies fitting inside of the drop tubes? I'm trying to get the 223 feed die to insert into the drop tube and unless this is mean to be a press fit I don't see how they are supposed to fit together. The ID of the #7 drop tube is 16.06mm and the OD of the 223 fed die is 16.36mm. If these are supposed to be a press fit please let me know. I'm using an

Ender 3 V2,
    Overature PLA+,
    205 C extruder temp
    50 C bed Temp.
    0.12 layer height
    There is a .1mm difference between the two according to 3D CAD.

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	280888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	280889

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Macscotts56 View Post

Ender 3 V2,
    Overature PLA+,
    205 C extruder temp
    50 C bed Temp.
    0.12 layer height
    I think you either have some "elephant foot" issues happening or you need to calibrate your xy on your printer. If either of these are set correctly you could have this issue.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the dimensions Tyler. I ran a 20mm calibration cube just now and my X measures 20.02mm, Y 20.04mm and Z 19.94 mm. I can't believe my X and Y values would make my ID of the drop tube off by that much. I did take a couple of more readings on the ID of the drop tube and it varied from 16.06mm to about 16.24mm. I guess I will have to adjust my e-steps for both of them. Still doesn't explain why the diameter is so much smaller.

Am I going crazy, or did a bunch of posts just go missing?
    Look at post 4422.....I just put them together in one post......easy to erase when you no longer need them. You fixed the problem so they were just taking up space and I didn't think anyone would miss them....okay TylerR did....sorry.

Page 222 of 361 FirstFirst ... 122172212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227228229230231232272322 ... LastLast