RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by McCrower View Post
    I have 3D printed Ammo Mikes bullet feeder version, but it doesn't work with my favourite cast bullet, the Lee 125RF. Has anyone on this forum testet TylerR's bullet feeder with this bullet? I want to be able to use a bullet feeder for nose down feeding to my Lee APP bulletsizing press..

Thanks
    McCrower
    Norway
    I tested 20 bullets the same as you asked about.
    In TayloR`s collator and it worked well

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Qeyes View Post
    I tested 20 bullets the same as you asked about.
    In TayloR`s collator and it worked well
    Thanks Qeyes. Did you test with the actual Lee 125rf bullet? Sounds like it's worth trying out ther TylerR collator then

Yes I did

Yes I did
    I'll wager McCrower might love some details.... Which plate and slider used successfully would be a great start.....thanks for your posts.

On another subject.....are there any users out there besides me who use RCBS's Pro 2000 progressive press?

It's just that I hate projects that only benefit me.....there are other things you can do with 3D printers to enhance reloading than just collators and feeders. Such as ....... adding Lights and Camera, for example.

I posted a video of it in the main reloading section in Castboolits Reloading.......where Pro 2000 users might see it.
    Last edited by GWS; 03-18-2021 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    I'll wager McCrower might love some details.... Which plate and slider used successfully would be a great start.....thanks for your posts.

On another subject.....are there any users out there besides me who use RCBS's Pro 2000 progressive press?

It's just that I hate projects that only benefit me.....there are other things you can do with 3D printers to enhance reloading than just collators and feeders. Such as ....... adding Lights and Camera, for example.....
    GWS I don't own that press but I love seeing how that part just slides on and locks in place. Awesome work!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    GWS I don't own that press but I love seeing how that part just slides on and locks in place. Awesome work!
    Something like that would be nice for a dillon xl750.

Boolit Mold
    That would be great

Thanks.

It's just that I hate projects that only benefit me.....there are other things you can do with 3D printers to enhance reloading than just collators and feeders. Such as ....... adding Lights and Camera, for example.

I posted a video of it in the main reloading section in Castboolits Reloading.......where Pro 2000 users might see it.
    Sorry Did not think about that. I use Pistol_Bullet_Collator_Plate_Small_#5 and Bullet_Nose_Down_Slide_Plate_#5

Boolit Mold
    Hopefully in the next day or so I will be rolling out some case feed adapters for the dillon. They will directly replace the dillon adapter and allow the spring connector to link directly into it. Eliminating quite a few pieces and adapters needed. I already have a list of calibers that I plan to come out with. Please let me know if you would need a different caliber than listed and I will do my best to create it.
    9mm
    40 S&W
    10mm
    45ACP
    44 Mag
    300 blackout
    6.5 Creedmoor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9mm case feed.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	279803

Boolit Bub
    Yes, it looks like I had the recess 20mm too low. Sorry bout that. Just reposted a new version of the body.
    hey Tyler

Just an update I have included pics of the feeder I think we need to extend the base below the bearings to accommodate for the dropped bullet when actuated as of now the bullet drops on activation to the middle of the bullet and locks as the bearings try to reengage. also the inner barrel could be sized maybe .5mm wider to accommodate the bullet a bit more.

also including a pic of the 45 bullet slide for the app press fits good enough diameter but needs to be 12mm taller by my measure to cover the bullet for feeding.

Thanks my friend

Name:	20210318_145644-min.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	279814

Name:	20210318_145648-min.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	279815

Name:	20210318_145902-min.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	279816

Name:	20210318_150017-min.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	279818

Name:	20210318_150100-min.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	279819

Name:	20210318_152229-min.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	279820

Name:	20210318_152238-min.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	279821

Boolit Bub

Here here... But planning to give it away to a friend and get the new Pro Chucker 7, that is if I can find one...

Boolit Mold
    Sorry Did not think about that. I use Pistol_Bullet_Collator_Plate_Small_#5 and Bullet_Nose_Down_Slide_Plate_#5
    Thanks again Qeyes. I will try those

Quote Originally Posted by greekman View Post
    hey Tyler

Just an update I have included pics of the feeder I think we need to extend the base below the bearings to accommodate for the dropped bullet when actuated as of now the bullet drops on activation to the middle of the bullet and locks as the bearings try to reengage. also the inner barrel could be sized maybe .5mm wider to accommodate the bullet a bit more.

also including a pic of the 45 bullet slide for the app press fits good enough diameter but needs to be 12mm taller by my measure to cover the bullet for feeding.

Thanks my friend
    I understand the issue with the die. The round you are loading is 405 grain, 25.5mm long boolit. I am not a 45-70 guy. Can you give me a rough range of what the length of these bullets are across common weights?

Regarding the 45 bullet slide, It should not be necessary to have the boolit completely covered by the slide. What does matter is the length of the insert though. Which insert were you using?

Boolit Mold
    Hi,

I just want to share this little handle/cover I made today for TylerRs slip clutch, I have printed it in PETG and it works perfectly in both my AM bullet feeder and Rifle Case Feeder

It is designed to be tapped and it replaces "slip_clutch_ring.stl".

You need openSCAD to generate stl, feel free to change it to make it work for you.

Rafal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5952.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Boolit Bub
    Broken link (I think it just got outdated).
    Current (as of 19 March 2021) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xczanojq6...C9SVfdjza?dl=0

It is also in TylerR's signature as Downloads

Boolit Bub
    I understand the issue with the die. The round you are loading is 405 grain, 25.5mm long boolit. I am not a 45-70 guy. Can you give me a rough range of what the length of these bullets are across common weights?

Regarding the 45 bullet slide, It should not be necessary to have the boolit completely covered by the slide. What does matter is the length of the insert though. Which insert were you using?
    have not tried an insert but will probably be the 45 insert

ill measure several bullets but they will be kind of all over the place they can go as low as 305 gns all the way to 500gns the 405 is among the most common size/shape

have not tried an insert but will probably be the 45 insert

ill measure several bullets but they will be kind of all over the place they can go as low as 305 gns all the way to 500gns the 405 is among the most common size/shape
    That is what I am wondering. If you have a 305gr boolit what is the length? How about the 500gr?

Boolit Bub
    ok tryed some boolits on the app i see what you mean all need is to shorten the insert

may have a bigger problem on the app
    the punch does not push the first boolit farr enough through for the next to be fully dropped as it is the die had to be run further down so the first would drop have to think on this problem

ok tryed some boolits on the app i see what you mean all need is to shorten the insert

may have a bigger problem on the app
    the punch does not push the first boolit farr enough through for the next to be fully dropped as it is the die had to be run further down so the first would drop have to think on this problem
    Based on your issues with the .45-70 die, I think I had the same problem with the .44 mag so I am glad you brought it up.

Boolit Mold
    Has anyone found a particular brand of filament that’s a good match for the Dillon blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 217 of 361 FirstFirst ... 117167207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227267317 ... LastLast