Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    I have created a new folder called contributors under the main downloads folder. It is here that I will put new projects and concepts in until they get moved to the main project.
    Replacing the Experimental folder in the ZIP file?

Quote Originally Posted by o416 View Post
    Replacing the Experimental folder in the ZIP file?
    No, it will be in addition to it. Please don't document it in the manual.

Boolit Bub
    TylerR - What do you think of this proximity sensor? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...BUHD1UD8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by noacess View Post
    TylerR - What do you think of this proximity sensor? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...BUHD1UD8&psc=1
    It has to be an "inductive" switch. If you want to go with cheap but not as small and compact use this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you don't care about price and small size is more important go with this one:

Otherwise find me a small compact inductive NC 18mm dia sensor with 8mm of detection range, that is cheaper, and that is what you should buy. This one would be great but it is NO: NVM it is also AC. lol
    Last edited by TylerR; 12-28-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Boolit Bub
    OK so there is a new part in the Adapters folder called "Drop_Tube_APP_Offset_Adapter"
    This will connect any adapter that has a male drop tube fitting to fit the APP offset connectors.

All spring adapters now have numbers on the part itself.

There is also a "Flush" version for 8 and 10mm. These are to be used with the #11 Nose Down Slide Plate.
    Started printing new versions. Will let you know how it goes, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by silahtar View Post
    Started printing new versions. Will let you know how it goes, much appreciated.
    Look forward to the feedback.

Boolit Bub
    It has to be an "inductive" switch. If you want to go with cheap but not as small and compact use this one:

If you don't care about price and small size is more important go with this one:

Otherwise find me a small compact inductive NC 18mm dia sensor with 8mm of detection range, that is cheaper, and that is what you should buy. This one would be great but it is NO: NVM it is also AC. lol
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CWSDK7G/ref=emc_b_5_i
    Thanks for the links. If folks don't mind waiting ebay has the PRD18-14DN2 for 15 - 16 bucks shipped from China.

Quote Originally Posted by noacess View Post
    Thanks for the links. If folks don't mind waiting ebay has the PRD18-14DN2 for 15 - 16 bucks shipped from China.
    Link?

Link?
    My good friend Ed has provided an alternative link to that sensor
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/ONE-Autonic...0AAOSwKAJbPXnY

Boolit Bub
    Look forward to the feedback.
    All fit perfectly... Much appreciated.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BC18A64F-50DB-4E7F-A222-FDE3C4D8D916.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	274161

Boolit Buddy
    With the Large Electronics box, What is the large hole for? The Small one below it, is perfect for my Speed controller, But the large one seems unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    With the Large Electronics box, What is the large hole for? The Small one below it, is perfect for my Speed controller, But the large one seems unnecessary.
    The hole is for the switch.

Boolit Buddy
    The hole is for the switch.
    It's Huge... I plugged it... Reprinting.. I had a different switch. Maybe, A couple blank boxes For those less inclined to mess in tinkercad or the likes.... Drilling is easy!

It's Huge... I plugged it... Reprinting.. I had a different switch. Maybe, A couple blank boxes For those less inclined to mess in tinkercad or the likes.... Drilling is easy!
    I have added blank template versions of both boxes for anyone who wants to drill their own holes to customize.

Quote Originally Posted by silahtar View Post
    All fit perfectly... Much appreciated.
    if you print the latest adapter posted it will fit on any male drop tube fitting. One size for all.

Quote Originally Posted by tanders View Post
    Attachment 273890

Thank you for all your hardwork. Attached is a picture of where I am currently at with your feeders. I can't wait to try them out. Just upgraded from a 550
    Tanders, I have your files out in the "contributors" folder at the moment. I think it is a very cool setup. Like I said nice and clean. Is there anyway you could give us more detail on how to set it up and what electronics you used. I can see it being added in to the project but I would like myself and o416 to have a firmer grasp on how it all works.

Thanks!

Question for the group. Any other feed die calibers or APP inserts you would like to be made? Now's the time to make the requests.

Boolit Mold
    Tanders, I have your files out in the "contributors" folder at the moment. I think it is a very cool setup. Like I said nice and clean. Is there anyway you could give us more detail on how to set it up and what electronics you used. I can see it being added in to the project but I would like myself and o416 to have a firmer grasp on how it all works.

Thanks!
    Yes, I am actually currently updating with some adapters now. I loaded about 400 rounds and had some issues with microswitches approximately every 100 rounds. This was not an issue with the adapter but the switch itself. I am going to try GWS (which required me to create an adapter to get to the dillon tube). I will print it tomorrow sometime and also have that update available.
    I only have two changes from the written manual in my electrical box. The first was the sensor plug which I used a jst plug two prong plug. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I used these since I am using microswitches and had them laying around, but I am going to change the box away from the JST since I am going to be going to the proximity sensors. I will be revising the box shortly to use the same exit plug for the sensor you are. I am waiting on the plugs to show up.
    The second change is the speed controller https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I have ordered the ones from the manual but they are not expected delivery until almost February for some reason. The only thing that worries me with mine is there is not available heat sink for it and if running collator for an extended period of time I will have overheating issues.
    Last edited by tanders; 12-29-2020 at 11:16 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I know There is recommended Wall thickness for each part... But what about Top/Bottom Layers?
    Should we just base it off the profile? .12=7, .20=4, etc?

Boolit Buddy
    I know There is recommended Wall thickness for each part... But what about Top/Bottom Layers?
    Should we just base it off the profile? .12=7, .20=4, etc?
    I normally go with the standard settings, but 4 top and bottom layers is more than enough.

Page 161 of 361 FirstFirst ... 61111151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171211261 ... LastLast