Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

o416 has been very quiet today. He must be working hard on that new manual version

Boolit Mold
    Not sure it's actually safe to accomplish in this scale but a plate and a slide to collate primers into a tube.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    o416 has been very quiet today. He must be working hard on that new manual version
    haha

I had a really rough night yesterday and am totally wiped today.

I will get working on it first thing tomorrow and have the new proximity stuff and suggestions added.

Boolit Buddy
    The manual has been updated to v1.2

I will send it to Tyler shortly to include with the project.

Feel free to add your comments here as I respond to all of them:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...c1k/edit#gid=0

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tanders View Post
    Not sure it's actually safe to accomplish in this scale but a plate and a slide to collate primers into a tube.
    A company or two make those, but they have vibrators to make them work. The only thing I've made is an improved APS strip loader, but that was before I had a 3d Printer, and used a marble to push them down into the strips better than RCBS's. Still that method is faster than pecking into a tube one at a time.

Above: The marble holder could be done with 3D printing, as could the press control on the other side. The flaw with RCBS's original is without the marble the primers are often left proud and makes them hang in the tools unless you fill the strips then use a hard flat surface to rub across each strip to make sure they are press in enough....flat bottoms are essential......the marbles make them recessed slightly....even better.

Video below: loading a box of 100 APS Style on my improved loader.....could probably 3D some of that...even the base, but I do like the Oak base that gives it some weight and class.

The biggest plus for APS is I can store ready to load primers (as if stored in 20 tubes a very dangerous practice) safely for use in my APS bench primer or my APS Pro 2000 press. Once loaded and stored, faster and safer than about anything. I know more divergence...

BTW labover.....still waiting for pictures of your clear parts.....!!
    Last edited by GWS; 12-16-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by o416 View Post
    The manual has been updated to v1.2

I will send it to Tyler shortly to include with the project.

Feel free to add your comments here as I respond to all of them:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...c1k/edit#gid=0

Thanks!
    Posted!

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    A company or two make those, but they have vibrators to make them work. The only thing I've made is an improved APS strip loader, but that was before I had a 3d Printer, and used a marble to push them down into the strips better than RCBS's. Still that method is faster than pecking into a tube one at a time.

Above: The marble holder could be done with 3D printing, as could the press control on the other side.

Video below: loading a box of 100 APS Style on my improved loader.....could probably 3D some of that...even the base, but I do like the Oak base that gives it some weight and class.

The biggest plus for APS is I can store ready to load primers (as if stored in 20 tubes a very dangerous practice) safely for use in my APS bench primer or my APS Pro 2000 press. Once loaded and stored, faster and safer than about anything. I know more divergence...

BTW labover.....still waiting for pictures of your clear parts.....!!
    Very neat tool you made there.

Can anyone point me to a picture of nose down set up on a APP? I want to make sure I’m printing everything I need.

Tyler, the .32 APP bullet slider and tube you made a few days back work great. Had to do a tiny bit of sanding inside the tube as I think my printer is printing a tiny bit small but nothing earth shattering.

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    Can anyone point me to a picture of nose down set up on a APP? I want to make sure I’m printing everything I need.

Tyler, the .32 APP bullet slider and tube you made a few days back work great. Had to do a tiny bit of sanding inside the tube as I think my printer is printing a tiny bit small but nothing earth shattering.
    The video I made shows all of the necessary parts.

The video I made shows all of the necessary parts.
    I just looked at the slider plate for the nose down and now realize what I need. I didn’t realize I need a adapter under that...I get it now. Not clear headed this morning. Hahahaha

The APP parts I have and understand, it was on the collater that had me stumped for a minute

I just looked at the slider plate for the nose down and now realize what I need. I didn’t realize I need a adapter under that...I get it now. Not clear headed this morning. Hahahaha

The APP parts I have and understand, it was on the collater that had me stumped for a minute
    Oh yes, the nose down slide plates require the same drop hole adapter that is on the main body. And that is where you are going to want to line up the offset spring adapter to be aligned correctly, and use the new one I posted that is 2mm shorter.
    Last edited by TylerR; 12-16-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Oh yes, the nose down slide plates require the same drop hole adapter that is on the main body. Any that is where you are going to want to line up the offset spring adapter to be aligned correctly, and use the new one I posted that is 2mm shorter.
    Thats where my mind took a nap...LOL. Clear as a bell now. I am curious what that square piece sticking up on the nose down plates is for? Im sure once I get it all together I'll figure it out.

Thats where my mind took a nap...LOL. Clear as a bell now. I am curious what that square piece sticking up on the nose down plates is for? Im sure once I get it all together I'll figure it out.
    It prevents bullets that are nose up from leaning over and dropping down the hole. Basically improves the reliability in preventing nose ups from falling in the hole.

It prevents bullets that are nose up from leaning over and dropping down the hole. Basically improves the reliability in preventing nose ups from falling in the hole.
    Aghhhh, Thank you

Boolit Buddy
    What you guys think about the new manual cover? lol

what you guys think about the new manual cover? Lol
    bad a$$

Boolit Master

Love it!

I like it o416. Nice work.

lablover when you do print out the new offset spring adapter that is 2mm shorter, can you run a quick test on the bullet nose up feeding just to make sure nothing changes there as far as reliability?

lablover when you do print out the new offset spring adapter that is 2mm shorter, can you run a quick test on the bullet nose up feeding just to make sure nothing changes there as far as reliability?

I will do that. Its heading to the printer now with several other items.

Did GWS ever post his little Electronics Box? I didn't see it

Page 145 of 361 FirstFirst ... 4595135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155195245 ... LastLast