Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    Is GWS latest proximity mount in the latest download....not home so I can’t check
    No, not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JSATX View Post
    Just a follow up on my previous post. I’m going to order one of these. https://www.amazon.com/Greartisan-Se.../dp/B07YBXMTWC

The specs look absolutely perfect for what we’re trying to do, it’s widely available, and compared to the McMaster motor it’s way cheaper.

But I don’t have a way to modify the bullet feeder base. Would anyone be willing to make a version for this? The motor dimensions are below. I only use fusion360 for cad and unfortunately I find it very difficult to modify STL files with that program.

Attachment 269302
    Do you have any updates on how this motor is performing so far for you?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Do you have any updates on how this motor is performing so far for you?
    I am using the Grainger one with no issues so far but I haven't really reloaded with the new collator yet

Quote Originally Posted by o416 View Post
    I am using the Grainger one with no issues so far but I haven't really reloaded with the new collator yet
    Can you post this link for that one again?

Boolit Buddy
    These were the two motors that were suggested:
    https://www.grainger.com/product/DAY...r-12VDC-52JE51
    https://www.mcmaster.com/6409K15/

I hope to be using the Amazon motor in the next few days . Planning on a new print starting tomorrow

Boolit Buddy
    I hope to be using the Amazon motor in the next few days . Planning on a new print starting tomorrow
    Which one? This?
    https://www.amazon.com/Greartisan-Se.../dp/B07YBXMTWC

I would love to hear how it goes. May build a third feeder soon myself, so trying to decide on the motor.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Andar View Post
    I personally couldn't find all the parts needed for the light sensor for a decent price here in Canada without waiting months from China or ridiculous shipping prices from USA, so I decided on the pressure switches. It takes a bit of searching to find something with a very low actuation pressure to be used with cases, but they're widely available and cheaper overall. I use these.
    As a Canadian I found the same problem. I just waited my 3 weeks for the parts to come in from China. Best thing I did. The sensor I found to work very well. Much better than the micro switch system I think. I ordered 3 sets when I did order them. If you are close to Calgary and want to play with one let me know. I can set you up with some parts.

Boolit Mold
    Do you, o416, know if the bolt pattern for that motor, https://www.amazon.com/Greartisan-Se.../dp/B07YBXMTWC, is the same as this one?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078JHVJYL...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Yes sir

Quote Originally Posted by Macscotts56 View Post
    Do you, o416, know if the bolt pattern for that motor, https://www.amazon.com/Greartisan-Se.../dp/B07YBXMTWC, is the same as this one?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078JHVJYL...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    They are not the same. The Greartisan is a larger motor. There are bases designed around both motors.

Boolit Buddy
    Maybe I am doing something wrong here but I printed the new drop tubes with the smaller base because I found my existing ones to be pretty loose when they interfaces with my DAA bullet feed dies. I printed them at .12mm with 4 walls instead of 2 and they still feel pretty loose. By loose I mean they take little force to lift off. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Maybe I am doing something wrong here but I printed the new drop tubes with the smaller base because I found my existing ones to be pretty loose when they interfaces with my DAA bullet feed dies. I printed them at .12mm with 4 walls instead of 2 and they still feel pretty loose. By loose I mean they take little force to lift off. Am I the only one experiencing this?
    It is not required that they have a super tight fit anyway, because the column of bullets provide weight to keep it in place. But that is why I reduced the dia in the last version. For the new one I printed it was a snug fit to my
    DAA die, but not hard to put on or take off. So what you are describing sounds about right.

I am going to grab one of these for testing once I get my hands on your mount. Do you see any reason not to go with this one? Says it has 10mm range. Seems to be same threading (18mm)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UO29ZUJ2&psc=1
    I've only used the one I listed.....and it's INDUCTIVE not Capacitive. I've been told that the capacitive ones are not sensitive enough.....(by Tim at TH3D, the maker's of Ezabl-Pro bed leveling system that uses one, that I love and use!) But I've also used that inductive proximity switch for 2 years on my Hornady Pistol Bullet Feeder before I ever heard of 3d printers!

I emailed you STL and DWG files of my Proximity Switch files, but I made one error.....I named the housing 19mm instead of 18mm. 18mm is correct......you may want to correct that and go ahead and erase the old proximity zip file on your cloud drive, and put them where you want. I'm not going to license or patent anything so do what you want with them. Merry Christmas! Hope you like them. You're MY Santa Claus this year! You didn't send me my printer, but you sure gave me a lot to do with it......endless! And the new printer bed suggestion too! My kids are all getting me PLA for Christmas!
    Last edited by GWS; 12-10-2020 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    I've only used the one I listed.....and it's INDUCTIVE not Capacitive. I've been told that the capacitive ones are not sensitive enough.....(by Tim at TH3D, the maker's of Ezabl-Pro bed leveling that I love and use.) But I've also used that inductive proximity switch for 2 years on my Hornady Pistol Bullet Feeder before I ever heard of 3d printers!

I emailed you STL and DWG files of my Proximity Switch files, but I made one error.....I named the housing 19mm instead of 18mm. 18mm is correct......you may want to correct that and go ahead and erase the old proximity zip file on your cloud drive, and put them where you want. I'm not going to license or patent anything so do what you want with them.
    Thank you for that. I should probably go with what you already recommended and stop messing around
    them
    My plan is to drop your files in the Drop Tubes section.. But give it really good file name structure, so they stand out from what is there. I am still on the fence about "remixing" them to adapt to the drop tubes. We shall see.

I am stoked to finally have my hands on them to do some testing.

As far as licensing, I decided to add the licensing to offer our project some protection against monetization. It would be very easy for me to start trying to make money off this project. But that is not what this project is about. It's about giving back to a community of like minded patriots who have a need and desire to streamline the reloading process for their own personal use. That is the true goal of this project starting with the legend, AmmoMike83 himself. My hope by adding the licensing, is that we will continue in that spirit of sharing, and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Merry Christmas! Hope you like them. You're MY Santa Claus this year! You didn't send me my printer, but you sure gave me a lot to do with it......endless! And the new printer bed suggestion too! My kids are all getting me PLA for Christmas!
    Merry Christmas to you my friend!

I am only happy I have contributed to a new passion for you. When your older (like me ) new passions are hard to come by. And those are some good kids!

Boolit Buddy
    It is not required that they have a super tight fit anyway, because the column of bullets provide weight to keep it in place. But that is why I reduced the dia in the last version. For the new one I printed it was a snug fit to my
    DAA die, but not hard to put on or take off. So what you are describing sounds about right.
    Were those changes effective as of v1.2.3 or v1.2.4? I wouldn't describe mine as snug :/

Were those changes effective as of v1.2.3 or v1.2.4? I wouldn't describe mine as snug :/

Boolit Buddy
    That explains it

Page 134 of 361 FirstFirst ... 3484124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144184234 ... LastLast