Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 11 of 361 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Bub
    My plate finished this morning. First problem I ran into is the holes for the MBF motor are not big enough for washers or nuts. Time to break out the drill and hope I don't damage it. Has anyone else used this with the MBF motor and found a better way?

Quote Originally Posted by AmmoMike83 View Post
    Does anyone know, who owns this site?

https://reloadingmounts.com/shop?ols...ts-only&page=2
    Here is the link to Godaddy to file an infringement against them.
    At least give them some feedback they can't sell.
    https://supportcenter.godaddy.com/AbuseReport

Oh, and thanks for putting up for personal use! I hope to make one soon!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark2215 View Post
    My plate finished this morning. First problem I ran into is the holes for the MBF motor are not big enough for washers or nuts. Time to break out the drill and hope I don't damage it. Has anyone else used this with the MBF motor and found a better way?
    The easiest way is to replace the MBF “screws” by simple head screws!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Sarcasm: the ability to insult idiots without them realize it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post

Thank you for that hint! Will try that. It was always open for personal use, but not for making money with it without asking me

I went through most of his stuff and it is mainly just attribute license, and free to commercially sell. He probably just missed it, but no telling

Boolit Buddy
    I went through most of his stuff and it is mainly just attribute license, and free to commercially sell. He probably just missed it, but no telling
    He also sells my Hornady case feeder tip tube, but I don’t care about that. That was a 5 minute project. The bulletfeeder was a year project.

Boolit Bub
    The easiest way is to replace the MBF “screws” by simple head screws!!

I was thinking of that as an option, definitely safer than drilling.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark2215 View Post
    I was thinking of that as an option, definitely safer than drilling.
    The threads are too long anyways. At least on my version. :/

Boolit Master
    The sad thing is, someone was bound to do it. If they feel they can make some money, they will steal the plans and go for it.

I had the same thing with a Bobcat repair forum, a guy took the time and effort to scan in his manuals and offer them to members to help them with repairs, these manuals appeared on Ebay for sale..... He then took down the free links and you had to request what you wanted for him to post a link after that.

Boolit Mold
    The threads are too long anyways. At least on my version. :/
    Or just buy some M5 - 0.8 nuts and some small washers. Tony has expanded the size of the nut relief to allow the nut and washer to fit quite nicely. no need to undo what DA has done.

GG

ADMIN

That explains the differences between the first one he printed which had a issue and the replacement.
    Both had issues.
    I bought two.
    One is usable but doesn’t have the right amount of fill so it may not last. This is based on the weight of the piece and the fact when I went to enlarge a hole I ended up hitting a major void.
    Thank goodness for JBweld

The other one had a layer shift towards the base part which screwed up the whole thing.
    This should of been caught prior to shipping.
    The replacement has a small layer shift but the bigger problem is the top of the walls have separation in multiple places.
    I am going to attempt to superglue the layers together to see if I can salvage the base as I don’t want to waste 38hrs printing a replacement.

I had 6 plates made by tony.
    2 each 9,40,45
    All of them are trash because they were printed on a old design and the center hole was too large.

Another issue that other members are having is that the small parts were made with a low amount of fill. This includes the plates

Any tweaking you do with a file and you weaken the part because the strength is just in the other layers.

On my printer now

Guess I will find out when I wake up if the one I printed has a issue in the morning. It’s at 88% but I am tired.

Tony is no longer on CB because he requested to be removed once he found out that he could not longer sell the collator here because he was no longer authorized by the license holder to do so.

He wasn’t a VS yet because this item was still a work in progress.

It is a shame because it is almost to the point that it is a viable nose down collator.

In fact the base I am printing is nose down only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Master
    Looking great, not long to go! Shame it takes so long to print, but if you are doing 100% fill, it's best to let it take it's time and get a great result than to do less and have to re-make it again later.

How much filament does it take to do one of these prints?

The sad thing is, someone was bound to do it. If they feel they can make some money, they will steal the plans and go for it.
    I guess that is the sole difference between me an others. I once had a friend in a conversation with another tell them “oh, all he needs is an idea of what it looks like and it can be duplicated.” That’s a bit of a story but I’ll admit doing my fair share of following in others footsteps, never to sell and for information purposes.

There are now machines that feature some of the things I have developed though. Would have been nice to capitalize on the idea(s)but I think it’s better to further the hobby/sport. We don’t seem to be getting larger as a group...

Boolit Buddy

GoDaddy deleted it. Thank you!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    Looking great, not long to go! Shame it takes so long to print, but if you are doing 100% fill, it's best to let it take it's time and get a great result than to do less and have to re-make it again later.

How much filament does it take to do one of these prints?
    40.5m of 3mm filament - 321 g @ 80% infill and 0.15mm layer height

Boolit Buddy
    Statement

Due to several posts and private messages:
    1.) Tony had my permission to print and sell the bullet feeder kits.
    2.) I revoked it for several reasons:
    - ****ty prints
    - removed copyright after enlarging one hole from 6mm to 10mm
    - lied several times
    - tries to find excuses for HIS mistakes
    3.) The OBF always was and is free to download and free to print. Not allowed are prints for profit or commercial reasons without permission.
    openBulletFeeder - complete and fully customizable Bullet feeder by AmmoMike83 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - No Derivatives license.
    4.) My purpose is not making money with it. I just want to give the whole reloader community something back and make it affordable to have a bullet feeder without paying hundreds of bucks for it.

I really like and appreciate the collaboration here. The OBF would certainly not be at the state it is now without you guys. Thank you all for that!

If there are still any questions. Post or PM me.

Mike

P.S.: Thanks to the gunloads team for the birthday wishes!
    Last edited by AmmoMike83; 03-06-2018 at 06:53 AM.

Banned
    Took a look at the first collator base that Tony sent me and it only mentions the motor and no mention of AmmoMike on it. Looked at the replacement base and no mention either. The first one had a problem as the wall separated from the base and I ground into it and it was hollow. The second base seems to be heavier and better made.

Fitting the motor... I used dremel with a rotory file and slightly enlarged the holes well several holes were out of placement and I just made the threaded studs fit into the base, no nuts or nothing as its a tight fit and it hasn't come out yet. The first base with slight pressure started to pull out what seemed to be re-infored areas around the hole and I tapped them back in with a small hammer. JB weld came to my rescue and maybe it might be able to be used but I'm not sure.

I'm still out the bullet dropper tube for the 45 cal which I really wanted. I may just put the one sent to me into a vice and try to drill it out and use it. On the bright side it does work for 44 mag but that wasn't my intention.

Received the two piece slide in assembly for the nose down and it seems to have two different heights. JB weld will probably be needed to make them work also.

I tried to be really positive with the base and bullet collator wheels, different drop tubes, and slide in plates that were sent to me but its kinda hard to be positive when what I received just wasn't quite up to par.

In retro spect I wish I had waited and just purchased a machine to make my own collator. All I really wanted was one working one that would double for my 650 Dillon and my Star and Magma bullet sizer lubricator. I hope that AmmoMike83 will keep his files up so that the average guy wishing to make something that works at a fraction of the price of the commercial units can still do so for personal use ONLY. I didn't realize that the conditions of usage had been violated or I would not have purchased. Being older almost retired and not having any experience with 3D printing I really doubted that I had it in me to do so. In talking with Hatch he has explained to me that I would be able to run such a machine so there is still hope for old fools. Anyway, Mike I understand if you pull all of your files because you have been taken advantage of. I do hope you will consider letting the average guy use your files.

In any rate AmmoMike83 a hearty thanks for the time you devoted to making a working machine.
    Last edited by 6bg6ga; 03-06-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Banned
    A hearty Happy Birthday to you AmmoMike 83!!!!

ADMIN

My first nose down only base finished last night. The 38 hr print did take a toll on the printer.
    The Anet A8 has several known problems.
    Mostly due to crappy connectors on the motherboard and the heat Bed.
    I installed a mosfet when I built the unit so it pulls the high current from the bed off the motherboard.
    What I didn’t do is solder the bed wires directly to the bed. Last night the connector failed at the bed because of the heat from a poor connection melting the plastic. Lucky for me it did not cause any issues with the print as I was already 88% done.
    So today I will be soldering the wires directly to the heat bed.

Joe, once that’s done, I will print your 45 drop tube. 100% fill .1 layer

Then I will start printing the 50 collators that I was approved to build.
    Just kidding about printing them.

I still need to print collator plates but I promised my son that I would print this huge item for him.
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    A hearty Happy Birthday to you AmmoMike 83!!!!
    Thank you, Joe!

Page 11 of 361 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast