MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    My memory just was foggy....I actually used the upper right two holes you already supplied stock in the collator. But I will need to redesign anyway being that the inside radius is different and it needs to be taller. So, I'll use the 2 upper holes again in the new size.........but first things first.....need to print the collator first.

mktacop's looks great! I've got some support work to figure out as he does. You could save me a bit of time by supplying me with the inside radius of the new inside wall, and the horizontal hole to hole distance center to center. Any suggestion to make the case deflector design sexier?
    I do have one idea. Why not convert the holes to a long slot so you can just loosen and adjust the height? If it was me I would also figure out some kind of thumb screw so changing the height would be as simple as possible.

The inside diameter is 250mm.
    Last edited by TylerR; 11-05-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    I do have one idea. Why not convert the holes to a long slot so you can just loosen and adjust the height? If it was me I would also figure out some kind of thumb screw so changing the height would be as simple as possible.

The inside diameter is 250mm.
    Sound and reasonable......now, are the two holes the same distance apart as the original size collator...... I think I'll round some edges to make it look more finished...

Collator is printing away......this one is black Overture Plus.....I'm glad I ordered another roll.

I need this measurement in mm. center to center to finish the case deflector....will share the .STL.

Also need the distance from the inside base to the top of the wall.
    Last edited by GWS; 11-05-2021 at 07:14 PM.

Sound and reasonable......now, are the two holes the same distance apart as the original size collator...... I think I'll round some edges to make it look more finished...

Collator is printing away......this one is black Overture Plus.....I'm glad I ordered another roll.
    Yes. They are holes for the mounting bracket and have not changed.

OK you can mostly ignore the last post.....how tall is the inside?

OK you can mostly ignore the last post.....how tall is the inside?
    Distance between holes = 30mm
    Height of wall = 130mm

Quote Originally Posted by mktacop View Post
    I’m going to have to do something different now as well. The Just Right body doesn’t line up with the Dillon tube like the Standard one did, but that was expected. I’ll just have to print some more parts to get everything feeding cases.
    Looks great! Patiently waiting for some video of that baby running.....

Boolit Buddy

Looks great! Patiently waiting for some video of that baby running.....
    Well, it will be a few days. We are out of town for
    The weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    USAF Retired

WAR EAGLE!

"A government that does not trust its law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is its self unworthy of trust."
    - James Madison

Emails sent.

You know we print this stuff for fun not saving money right?
    It's like the old saying, "honey I took up reloading to save us some money.......". They all know we are full of it.
    I save a lot of money, don't you? I don't drink, smoke, carouse....I don't own a boat, motorhome or motorcycle either. And I don't pay for a timeshare....I don't go on cruises or to Cancun Mexico either. There! Point made! Also My wife has me beat for money spending.....you know what it costs for her clothes, shoes, quilting and sewing machines? My hobbies are cheap.....and I like a happy wife.....my best investment of all.

I save a lot of money, don't you? I don't drink, smoke, carouse....I don't own a boat, motorhome or motorcycle either. And I don't pay for a timeshare....I don't go on cruises or to Cancun Mexico either. There! Point made! Also My wife has me beat for money spending.....you know what it costs for her clothes, shoes, quilting and sewing machines? My hobbies are cheap.....and I like a happy wife.....my best investment of all.
    Haha that's awesome GWS. So you save money on reloading by not spending money on anything else? That sounds very familiar.......

I can't test it until the base is finished (at 70% ... so sometime tomorrow), but here's what the larger case deflector (to knock over soldiers) for the new bigger collator will look like.:

It will hang on the base wall on the right using the existing two holes near the top. TylerR suggested the slots and using a bolt and thumb screw nuts to tighten at any height necessary for a particular caliber brass.

I usually buy such things at Ace Hardware...

Little vid of the one on my smaller case feeder below: (also demonstrates why TylerR's clutch is so nice.

Update: It's done! Big sucker.....the best base print for me yet.....perfect no flaw anywhere! Impatiently waiting for a motor to come in.....sigh.....

Last edited by GWS; 11-08-2021 at 01:28 AM.

Hi.
    Thinking about printing this bullet feeder but i have one question....
    Will this function with PC´d .45 185gr HPSWC? I haven´t seen any posts about it so i guess it will not,, correct?
    Tia

Quote Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
    Hi.
    Thinking about printing this bullet feeder but i have one question....
    Will this function with PC´d .45 185gr HPSWC? I haven´t seen any posts about it so i guess it will not,, correct?
    Tia
    I don't see any reason why it couldn't, or couldn't be tweaked to make them feed. The only thing I've seen hanging then 6 up are lubed bullets

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

Progress continues on the Just Right sized feeder, case feeder for me.

Not wanting to cut the clear acrylic tube that came with my 750, I found some tube the same size on Amazon that I could cut to whatever length was needed. Using Tinkercad, I shortened the Drop_Tube_X, and modified the base to fit on the acrylic tube.

I cut the new tube to length so that the modified drop tube sits on top and is held in place by the tube bracket that came with the 750.

Using the correct spring adaptors (G and H) and a section of the DAA spring tube, the cases can make it from the feeder to the clear tube, and the optical sensor sits at the top of the clear tube.

The large pistol brass collator plate is printing and will be done in about 7 hours. Once it is complete, I’ll be able to do some testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    USAF Retired

WAR EAGLE!

"A government that does not trust its law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is its self unworthy of trust."
    - James Madison

Looks great! My PLA Pro black is not a glossy like yours, but it was all I had available. RCBS Green would have worked but I haven't found it. Redleg Ed found some PLA that reminds me of the earliest RCBS crinkle finish color, but I don't have anything that old....my first RCBS RC was given away to a nephew.

I'm going to use mine only for Rifle cases, .308, .223, .270, and maybe even 30-30 for my 1900 era Winchester, that was handed down. So I've got to get busy figuring out how to make them on the plate maker software. I never printed a base that came out totally flawless, but this one did. Maybe I've finally figured out this CR10-2

Boolit Buddy

GWS, looks great!
    USAF Retired

WAR EAGLE!

- James Madison

They both look awesome. Nice work gentlemen.

Boolit Mold
    Can someone direct me to where the files for the feeder are? I’m probably overlooking them.
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

Check TylerRs signature line.

Couldn't have done it without your work TylerR! Thank you!
    USAF Retired

WAR EAGLE!

- James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by texasknight78 View Post
    Can someone direct me to where the files for the feeder are? I’m probably overlooking them.
    mktacop told you where they are, but be more specific which feeder/collator you want. Feeding bullets or small cases the original size is perfect. Feeding large cases the bigger ones are awesome! And it also depends what your printer is. If your print bed is Ender 3 size...the original size is your choice, if you have a 300x300mm bed you can print the bigger one. If you have a 350x350mm or bigger bed then you can even print the "Mongo" big guy. The one I just printed is the 300x300 version. I have 2 originals, one set up for bullets, one for cases.... and one 300, for which I will collate larger bottleneck cases.

In the download there is a "Manual" that will help choosing parts you need. More questions? Many here to help.

Boolit Mold
    Thank yall for the directions! This has to be the most thought out project ive seen in a long time. very informative thanks again guys
    Using Tapatalk

Page 256 of 360 FirstFirst ... 156206246247248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266306356 ... LastLast