RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 363 of 363 FirstFirst ... 263313353354355356357358359360361362363
Results 7,241 to 7,244 of 7244

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by doublemike View Post
    Are the step/3mf files or any other source files that these stl files are generated from available somewhere?
    No the source is not posted. I do give out very specific files sometimes but they are in DSM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    I think it depends on how many bullets you are loading in the hopper. I have a guy who wants to load up 1000 9mm bullets in to a 300mm size feeder. Strips the hex out very quickly.
    I can imagine that's so. I admit freely that I NEVER fill up a collater with heavy bullets, and never plan to. My max is a hundred count box at a time at the very most. PLA is lightweight, and thermal printing a .2mm layer at a time is not even close as strong as injection molded nylon or such. But I want my plates and base to last a long time, and they will if I'm reasonable. 1000 9mm is bad enough....how about a 1000 .45's. that would really abuse. But to each there own, I guess.

Boolit Bub
    Using the regular size feeders for a few years, the clutch works perfectly IMO. Never stripped a clutch with well North of 10K rounds through two collators. I typically start with 250-300 124gr 9’s in the collator and do fine with the Greartisan motor. If I fill the brass collator much more than a couple hundred for 223 processing the clutch spins, so I just don’t overfill. They also don’t feed as well when I put too many in at a time. Also, it is good to take a few min and rest my old shoulder while refilling to avoid repetitive stress as I had some ligament issues a couple years back.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    No the source is not posted. I do give out very specific files sometimes but they are in DSM.
    That's a bummer. Why not make it a community project?
    Due to the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International license I thought people would be able to adapt.

This makes for a lot of duplicated efforts.