WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by Vorga View Post
    Oh i did not see the 2nd sweeper in the main body pack . But now that you said something i see it now . I was thinking it was a part that was redone after your vids . Thank you TylerR
    You bet. Let us know how you make out with it.

Boolit Bub
    My collator for 9mm works like a charm, thanks again for all your effort.

I printed another collator for feeding my LEE APP with brass to be deprimed, i run .32S&W Long and printed APP_Brass_Insert_32.stl only to realise that the cases dont fit (i guess it's designed for .32ACP?). Would it be possible to create an insert that works with .32S&W Long?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sweden View Post
    My collator for 9mm works like a charm, thanks again for all your effort.

I printed another collator for feeding my LEE APP with brass to be deprimed, i run .32S&W Long and printed APP_Brass_Insert_32.stl only to realise that the cases dont fit (i guess it's designed for .32ACP?). Would it be possible to create an insert that works with .32S&W Long?
    Sure it would. give me a bit to look up the specs and I will post something.
    Last edited by TylerR; 07-29-2021 at 09:49 PM.

Just to confirm, the diameter is ok for the case, its the length that is the issue?

Boolit Bub
    The base of the case does not fit the diameter. Hold on, i'll get you a picture and some measurements.

Boolit Bub
    The base diameter measures 0.369in and the case length is 0.911in.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5919 (1).jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	286832

Name:	IMG_5917 (1).jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	286833
    Last edited by Charlie_Sweden; 07-30-2021 at 05:03 AM.

Boolit Bub
    I've been working on a plate and some other things to be able to collate hollowbase wadcutters, it's not entirely my idea, i just made 3d designs for the concept. It's working pretty well, there are some things that need tweaking. for example the slideplate (for brass) might need adjusting as the bullets sometimes get stuck and pile up. And the .32 dropper needs to be 2.58mm longer to reliably drop the wadcutterbullet and stop the next.

I'd be happy to share the fusion files with you TylerR if you're interested.

Name:	IMG_5797.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	286835

Name:	IMG_5798.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	286836

Name:	IMG_5848.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	286834

The base diameter measures 0.369in and the case length is 0.911in.
    Sorry took me so long. Very busy. Here is the insert. Please let me know if it works or needs adjustment.

APP_Brass_Insert_32SW.zip

I've been working on a plate and some other things to be able to collate hollowbase wadcutters, it's not entirely my idea, i just made 3d designs for the concept. It's working pretty well, there are some things that need tweaking. for example the slideplate (for brass) might need adjusting as the bullets sometimes get stuck and pile up. And the .32 dropper needs to be 2.58mm longer to reliably drop the wadcutterbullet and stop the next.

I'd be happy to share the fusion files with you TylerR if you're interested.
    wait are these boolits made from brass?

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    wait are these boolits made from brass?
    It's these: https://www.hn-sport.de/en/reloading...-314-100-gr-hs
    (Lead with copper-plating).

Boolit Bub
    Sorry took me so long. Very busy. Here is the insert. Please let me know if it works or needs adjustment.

No need to apologize at all. I'm very thankful for your help. Printing it now and will test in a couple of hours, I'll report back.

Boolit Bub

It didn’t quite work, needs to come down a bit. My guess is about 0.435in more. And it seems a bit thick, hard to seat it in the holder. When i measure it against my other inserts it’s 0,011in thicker i diameter. So if you could make it around 0,641in diameter, that would probably work.

Thanks again!

It didn’t quite work, needs to come down a bit. My guess is about 0.435in more. And it seems a bit thick, hard to seat it in the holder. When i measure it against my other inserts it’s 0,011in thicker i diameter. So if you could make it around 0,641in diameter, that would probably work.

Thanks again!
    I am confused. I made it shorter by 5mm to accommodate the .32SW case, which is a bit less then 24mm long. The formula for the length is 70mm-case length (24mm). Which is 46mm. But you are saying lengthen it by .435in, which would be almost 6mm longer then the original .32acp insert. Something is not making sense.

As far as width, all of the inserts are 16.4mm OD. This new one is the same. I did open the ID to 10.4mm.

Boolit Mold
    Apologies if this has been discussed but I've not found it. How long should the Parts Generator Take? I have made appropriate selections, made sure a Project folder was chosen and pressed play and while it creates a Parts.zip file, it's a 0 byte file and never seems to change. I've waited over an hour more than once, hoping it was a glitch but no joy as of yet. If it's something simple and stupid I should be doing, I'm ok with that, just need to know what "that" is...

Quote Originally Posted by Cast_Iron_Pancakes View Post
    Apologies if this has been discussed but I've not found it. How long should the Parts Generator Take? I have made appropriate selections, made sure a Project folder was chosen and pressed play and while it creates a Parts.zip file, it's a 0 byte file and never seems to change. I've waited over an hour more than once, hoping it was a glitch but no joy as of yet. If it's something simple and stupid I should be doing, I'm ok with that, just need to know what "that" is...
    When i was using the generator if i checked any the the 3 things i have checked in the pic the generator froze up i had to leave them unchecked and grab the stl's from the main folders manually. i also needed to install openSCAD

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	286959

Boolit Mold
    Trying that right now. About how long should it take to complete?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorga View Post
    When i was using the generator if i checked any the the 3 things i have checked in the pic the generator froze up i had to leave them unchecked and grab the stl's from the main folders manually. i also needed to install openSCAD

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	286959
    There was an issue with some spring adapter files missing. That has been addressed in the latest on github. Also just tested this and its working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cast_Iron_Pancakes View Post
    Trying that right now. About how long should it take to complete?
    Not more then 10 seconds or so.

Boolit Mold
    Using the latest from Github, not sure where the disconnect is but I'll try a few more things. Or quit being lazy and just select them manually...

Edit: Handled. Blocked file, which would let it start and run enough to create the initial zip but not write to it after that.
    Last edited by Cast_Iron_Pancakes; 08-02-2021 at 01:29 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Your learned opinions please...

I am looking at adding a Mr. Bullet Feeder to a Dillon 1050 and possibly a Star sizer. If you only needed one unit, would you invest in a 3D set up to make it, or buy the commercial unit? I can get the feeder and point down conversion for less than $600.

I am not a tinkerer. Will be using 125 gr RNFP-158 gr SWC gr .38 cal cast bullets and 122 gr 9mm cast bullets.
    Don Verna

Page 235 of 360 FirstFirst ... 135185225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245285335 ... LastLast