Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox Wideners
Page 357 of 361 FirstFirst ... 257307347348349350351352353354355356357358359360361 LastLast
Results 7,121 to 7,140 of 7210

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by rogerandre View Post
    Thanks alot for the exellent feedback.

TylerR, the idea of a trap (perhaps just a hose) is great. One of my other brass feeders just drops on the bench and makes a mess.

Once again thanks !
    Was doing some loading last night and looking at the collator, and immediately it jumped out at me that the mount is typically at the back of the feeder. which is where the debris is going to gather. So any hole right there would have to pass thru the mount. Not sure that's gonna work too well.

That brought a smile! Sure it'll work....as long as the mount is a steel tube. Tubes are hollow......maybe one could send all the debris down the mount......maybe have a bottom outlet where a vacuum hose could be stuck in. See, made you smile too.....okay maybe with rolling eyes.....

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Was doing some loading last night and looking at the collator, and immediately it jumped out at me that the mount is typically at the back of the feeder. which is where the debris is going to gather. So any hole right there would have to pass thru the mount. Not sure that's gonna work too well.
    Think the debris will follow the collator clockwise and end up just to the right of the mount. At least that was the case for me. (BTW love GWS sense of humor ).

Boolit Bub
    Dear Team!
    Anyone that by chance have designed a collator plate for 6.5x55 Swedish brass base down ?
    Best regards
    Roger

Boolit Bub
    Dear Team!
    Anyone that by chance have designed a collator plate for 6.5x55 Swedish brass base down ?
    Best regards
    Roger
    The large rifle plate should work.

My large rifle plate has slots only 54mm, long to accommodate .308 Winchester. the 6.5x55 Swedish is 55mm long....so not likely.

May be time to learn how to use the plate builder.....

TylerR added a section in the code to quickly modify it to a random caliber, but I've never used it. I think it needs 12 more lines.....so if it works he'll have to explain how.....I'm dumber....

What I would do (least with what I know at the moment) is this for 6.5x55 Swedish:

22 collator_plate_d = 179.5; (for normal sized base) 247.5 for the 300 base or 297 for Mongo
    25 description ="6.5x55 Swedish";
    27 collator_plate_h = 8;
    31 addRamps = false;
    36 isRifleBrassPlate = true;
    37 rifleHoleWidth = 12;
    40 addPivots = false;
    41 addSlides = false;
    42 addSideSlides = false;
    45 addRidges = true;
    46 ridgeCenter = true;
    47 ridgeAlternate = true;
    48 ridgeHeight = 2.0;
    49 ridgeLength = 30;
    50 ridgeAngle = 30;
    52 addBevel = true;
    54 hole_multiplier = 1.5;
    57 useClutch = true; (if you are using a clutch)
    60 useHex = false; (if using a clutch)
    61 addHexHandle = false;

That's 20 lines of code to modify.....

Then I'd have to comment out TylerR's new "customize here" lines that start with line 78....which mostly just repeat what I already specified, but doesn't include all my lines modified, just 8 of the 20 lines above. Adding the customize section below the other code effectively "updates" parameters from previous lines.....so he added the customize section to change program parameters listed above them. But if they are already changed as I did above them, then they are redundant.....either change them or change the originals as I did. I just question if he has all the lines needed. He may have....

But if you changed the lines above them, you can comment out those lines 78 to 85 by adding two forward slashes at the beginning of the lines like this:

// description=".300 AAC Blackout"; (line 78) Or use the "Customize" lines and add any extras you may need to change.

If that's wrong....TylerR will have to chime in and correct me. He knows that software better than I do, and I know what he's trying to do.....help simplify a caliber change....changing parameters in the lines of code specified for another case, to whatever new case you are doing.....but I don't understand why he didn't have to modify the other 12 lines.....bet he'll explain......
    Last edited by GWS; 03-23-2024 at 09:46 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    My large rifle plate has slots only 54mm, long to accommodate .308 Winchester. the 6.5x55 Swedish is 55mm long....so not likely.

May be time to learn how to use the plate builder.....

TylerR added a section in the code to quickly modify it to a random caliber, but I've never used it. I think it needs 12 more lines.....so if it works he'll have to explain how.....I'm dumber....

What I would do (least with what I know at the moment) is this for 6.5x55 Swedish:

22 collator_plate_d = 179.5; (for normal sized base) 247.5 for the 300 base or 297 for Mongo
    25 description ="6.5x55 Swedish";
    27 collator_plate_h = 18;
    31 addRamps = false;
    36 isRifleBrassPlate = true;
    37 rifleHoleWidth = 12;
    40 addPivots = false;
    41 addSlides = false;
    42 addSideSlides = false;
    45 addRidges = true;
    46 ridgeCenter = true;
    47 ridgeAlternate = true;
    48 ridgeHeight = 2.0;
    49 ridgeLength = 30;
    50 ridgeAngle = 30;
    52 addBevel = true;
    54 hole_multiplier = 1.5;
    57 useClutch = true; (if you are using a clutch)
    60 useHex = false; (if using a clutch)
    61 addHexHandle = false;

That's 20 lines of code to modify.....

Then I'd have to comment out TylerR's new "customize here" lines that start with line 78....which mostly just repeat what I already specified, but doesn't include all my lines modified, just 8 of the 20 lines above. Adding the customize section below the other code effectively "updates" parameters from previous lines.....so he added the customize section to change program parameters listed above them. But if they are already changed as I did above them, then they are redundant.....either change them or change the originals as I did. I just question if he has all the lines needed. He may have....

But if you changed the lines above them, you can comment out those lines 78 to 85 by adding two forward slashes at the beginning of the lines like this:

// description=".300 AAC Blackout"; (line 78) Or use the "Customize" lines and add any extras you may need to change.

If that's wrong....TylerR will have to chime in and correct me. He knows that software better than I do, and I know what he's trying to do.....help simplify a caliber change....changing parameters in the lines of code specified for another case, to whatever new case you are doing.....but I don't understand why he didn't have to modify the other 12 lines.....bet he'll explain......
    GWS you are spot on as always.
    I will give plate builder a shot. Will just see if TylerR have any divine feedback. Will of course share when I have a working plate. All about teamwork !

I will give plate builder a shot. Will just see if TylerR have any divine feedback. Will of course share when I have a working plate. All about teamwork !
    Line 27 maybe should be more like 12 than 18.....18 may allow double stacking of cases....closer to your base dia...preferably just a little less. My .308 plate is 8mm high and works perfect.
    Last edited by GWS; 03-25-2024 at 01:25 AM.

Easiset thing to do is to go to the example section and find the large rifle brass block of code. copy it, and replace what is in the "#### Customize Here ####" section. Then change what you need. This is a good starting point.

description="Large Rifle Brass";
    caliber=56;
    collator_plate_h=6;
    isRifleBrassPlate = true;
    rifleHoleWidth = 11;
    hole_multiplier=.8;
    ridgeAngle = 0;

Boolit Bub
    Easiset thing to do is to go to the example section and find the large rifle brass block of code. copy it, and replace what is in the "#### Customize Here ####" section. Then change what you need. This is a good starting point.

description="Large Rifle Brass";
    caliber=56;
    collator_plate_h=6;
    isRifleBrassPlate = true;
    rifleHoleWidth = 11;
    hole_multiplier=.8;
    ridgeAngle = 0;
    Worked out fine. If I should say something it sometimes takes time for the brass to fall into the slots. Perhaps the ridges can be enhanced.
    Huge thanks for all the help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.5.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	325077

Name:	IMG_3610.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	325078

Name:	Feeder.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	325079

Worked out fine. If I should say something it sometimes takes time for the brass to fall into the slots. Perhaps the ridges can be enhanced.
    Huge thanks for all the help.
    Did you make any changes to the settings? What sent over was my best guess. You could try increasing the rifleHoleWidth to 12

You can do all kinds of things with the ridges. Its all in the code, just gotta poke around.

ridgeAlternate = true; // Skip every other hole
    ridgeHeight = 2.0; // Ridge height in mm
    ridgeLength = 15; // Ridge length in mm
    ridgeAngle =30; // Angle the ridges

Boolit Bub
    Did you make any changes to the settings? What sent over was my best guess. You could try increasing the rifleHoleWidth to 12

You can do all kinds of things with the ridges. Its all in the code, just gotta poke around.

ridgeAlternate = true; // Skip every other hole
    ridgeHeight = 2.0; // Ridge height in mm
    ridgeLength = 15; // Ridge length in mm
    ridgeAngle =30; // Angle the ridges
    Hi TylerR !
    Not done any changes yet. Will play around. Once again thanks !

Hi TylerR !
    Not done any changes yet. Will play around. Once again thanks !
    I did just post a more recent version of the generator. v2.1.9. ton of new stuff in it but more complicated.

Boolit Bub
    Dear Team !
    Would be grateful for pictures/inspiration on what adapter that you have used to connect the spring from the collator to the casefeed body on a Dillon 750.
    Are you hooking up to the casefeed adapter from the conversion kit or any other smart way direct from spring to the casefeed body ?

Med vänliga hälsningar/Best Regards
    ///Roger

Dear Team !
    Would be grateful for pictures/inspiration on what adapter that you have used to connect the spring from the collator to the casefeed body on a Dillon 750.
    Are you hooking up to the casefeed adapter from the conversion kit or any other smart way direct from spring to the casefeed body ?

///Roger
    This is fairly well documented. There is an adapter to go from a drop tube to the Dillon case feed adapter. Going to need more detail on what you have tried to give a good answer.
    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...be_Adapter.stl

Also you can check out "Tanders Case Feed Adapters" in contributors.
    Last edited by TylerR; 03-26-2024 at 11:10 AM.

Boolit Bub
    This is fairly well documented. There is an adapter to go from a drop tube to the Dillon case feed adapter. Going to need more detail on what you have tried to give a good answer.
    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...be_Adapter.stl

Also you can check out "Tanders Case Feed Adapters" in contributors.
    You are truly a superstar TylerR !
    What I am looking for in an optimal setup is something like Tanders 9mm_Dillon_Case_Feed_Adapter.stl but with integrated spring threads.
    Now I guess I can use: Spring => Spring_Adapter_11_DT.stl => Tanders 9mm_Dillon_Case_Feed_Adapter.stl. Or any other suggestion ?

///Roger

You are truly a superstar TylerR !
    What I am looking for in an optimal setup is something like Tanders 9mm_Dillon_Case_Feed_Adapter.stl but with integrated spring threads.
    Now I guess I can use: Spring => Spring_Adapter_11_DT.stl => Tanders 9mm_Dillon_Case_Feed_Adapter.stl. Or any other suggestion ?

///Roger
    Yes, everything is designed around the spring adapters. not direct to spring.

Boolit Mold
    Newbie to this project. Motor shaft attachment question:

I've looked through existing guides and docs and tried searching this thread but I've not found recommendations, or related stl, on how to attach the M634JS 8mm shaft motor to Slip Clutch 8.5mm.stl.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by comhertz View Post
    Newbie to this project. Motor shaft attachment question:

I've looked through existing guides and docs and tried searching this thread but I've not found recommendations, or related stl, on how to attach the M634JS 8mm shaft motor to Slip Clutch 8.5mm.stl.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    You have three options to choose from:

-Drive a pin directly thru the motor shaft.
    -Use a hex adapter
    -Use a hex adapter with a pin

Most people go with option two.
    I use the last option. You can drive a pin thru the brass adapter easily, and the pin eliminates the possibility that the hex gets rounded out in the clutch.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks. I’ll try option 3.

Found these. Right size? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M45D6F2...XV0VN8RC43JGFB

Also what size pin? 4mm?

Page 357 of 361 FirstFirst ... 257307347348349350351352353354355356357358359360361 LastLast