Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    I use it for 9mm brass all the time. Files are in the "Downloads" in my signature.
    Thanks Tyler!

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit View Post
    GWS & Gillie Dog,

Thank you a bazillion mates!!!
    If you ever get lost in the forrest at hunting and stumble out of the woods in Piteå, Sweden, I'll get some sixpacks & spicy sausages and we can sit and watch these bullet/case feeders "run like forest"!!!
    No problem at all, I printed a 300mm before getting to that one. Let us know how it prints if you do one.

GD
    #2 member of the 10%ers

Boolit Mold
    Really appreciate you sharing that. put a smile on my face. I will tell you this is exactly why I enjoy sharing my work. Reading your story and how much you and your shooting/reloading buddies are getting out of it makes all the time worth it. Cheers to you brother!

Tyler,

I got around to moving my Dillon 750 back to the bench to run some 40 S&W. It took me less than 5 minutes to mount the bullet feeder and get it running perfect.

My $8k automated Apex 10 with Mr. BF doesnt work as good. I am likely to rip off the Mr. Bullet feeder and replace with your design. Merry Christmas mate!

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by JStuhlmiller View Post
    Tyler,

I got around to moving my Dillon 750 back to the bench to run some 40 S&W. It took me less than 5 minutes to mount the bullet feeder and get it running perfect.

My $8k automated Apex 10 with Mr. BF doesnt work as good. I am likely to rip off the Mr. Bullet feeder and replace with your design. Merry Christmas mate!
    Holy smokes, that's a he'll of an admission... I've got a apex with autodrive sitting on my bench from a good buddy and I've been wondering if it could even live up to the hype...

Vendor Sponsor

Tyler, I've been getting onto your GH site the last few days and I'm absolutely astonished with all the work you have done!

I printed several of the versions from 4+ years back and was finally getting around to putting them onto a machine when I determined that it needed a few alterations... Well I gave up on that idea and am printing all new parts for the project, fit and function appear to be MUCH improved.

Thanks so much!!!

Merry Christmas!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse2012 View Post
    Tyler, I've been getting onto your GH site the last few days and I'm absolutely astonished with all the work you have done!

I printed several of the versions from 4+ years back and was finally getting around to putting them onto a machine when I determined that it needed a few alterations... Well I gave up on that idea and am printing all new parts for the project, fit and function appear to be MUCH improved.

Thanks so much!!!

Merry Christmas!

Chris
    Glad you are liking it! Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Glad you are liking it! Hope everyone had a great Christmas.
    Does anyone here reload 6mm .243? I created a new die that needs to be tested.
    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...ie_6mm_Set.stl

I don't reload that caliber so hard for me to test.

Does anyone here reload 6mm .243? I created a new die that needs to be tested.
    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...ie_6mm_Set.stl

I don't reload that caliber so hard for me to test.
    I have a rifle, and dies, powder and primers.........and maybe even bullets......but I don't shoot it enough so haven't ever reloaded for it....

I did download your file.......so I'll see this morning if I really do have bullets and I'll give it try if I do.....let you know soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    I have a rifle, and dies, powder and primers.........and maybe even bullets......but I don't shoot it enough so haven't ever reloaded for it....

I did download your file.......so I'll see this morning if I really do have bullets and I'll give it try if I do.....let you know soon.
    Excellent thank you GWS. I am mostly concerned with it being able to drop bullets correctly.

I got a box of Sierra 85gn and a part box of 105gn Speers, but I didn't get the prints started today.....honey do's preparing for company took my attention and time.....but early in the morning I'll start 'em printing. (6 hours).

I went and bought a new Creality Ender 5 S1. Company said it prints 5 times faster......I really doubt it. Already I'm replacing Creality's firm ware leveling prob, firmware and display for TH3d versions because they have features I prefer not on the factory stuff. But its a day or two away from print jobs.....maybe I'll print two sets to compare....small bed tho...not like your plus. Poly P bed came for it yesterday.....I'll try Creality's metal magnetic bed a few times.....but I don't like the rough texture.

Update: A little egg on my face....the Sierras weren't 100gn but 85. Memory isn't as good as looking at the stupid box. So I had to update this and later posts.
    Last edited by GWS; 01-03-2024 at 11:33 PM.

Tyler: I printed the set and tried to test it, but it needed some work or my printer does.

The I.S. diameter of the inside part needs to be over 6mm. My Hornady and Sierra bullets would not drop in the too narrow tube. I drilled it with a 1/4" drill (6.4mm is close) and they drop fine.

The I.S. diameter of the bottom of the outside part won't allow sized .243 cases to go inside. That tube needs to be 12mm in diameter.

I drilled both out and the bullets drop correctly. Will print another set when you open them up a bit. Without the source code I can't do that for you.
    Last edited by GWS; 12-30-2023 at 03:11 AM.

Tyler: I printed the set and tried to test it, but it needed some work or my printer does.

The I.S. diameter of the inside part needs to be over 6mm. My Hornady and Sierra bullets would not drop in the too narrow tube. I drilled it with a 1/4" drill (6.4mm is close) and they drop fine.

The I.S. diameter of the bottom of the outside part won't allow sized .243 cases to go inside. That tube needs to be 12mm in diameter.

I drilled both out and the bullets drop correctly. Will print another set when you open them up a bit. Without the source code I can't do that for you.
    Thank you very much for helping me work thru it.

The insert ID was set to be 6.3, so that should work.
    The body ID was too small. I opened it up to 12.3mm
    I sent you an email.

Tonight, I cleaned up the successful print, cooled to shrink size, and used my chainsaw round file and a quarter inch all-thread again, running them through the bullet drop, until the bullets dropped freely and cleanly. Works fine with both 85 grain and 105 grain bullets. I'll buy some 75 grain tomorrow to test, being that I'd like to start loading those for varmints.

One has to work on it a while until the I.D. is opened enough, but I wouldn't really want a larger dia. hole to work with.....better not to have too big a hole.

The bearing holes work way better at the new locations for all except the 85's which I have yet to try out. Good Job! I'll try to post a video when I can demo all three sizes.
    Last edited by GWS; 01-03-2024 at 11:35 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse2012 View Post
    Holy smokes, that's a he'll of an admission... I've got a apex with autodrive sitting on my bench from a good buddy and I've been wondering if it could even live up to the hype...

the Apex 10 is good when it is running. I've finally gotten mine tuned for 9mm. it was a struggle.

Boolit Mold
    I got a box of Sierra 100gn and a part box of 105gn Speers, but I didn't get the prints started today.....honey do's preparing for company took my attention and time.....but early in the morning I'll start 'em printing. (6 hours).

I went and bought a new Creality Ender 5 S1. Company said it prints 5 times faster......I really doubt it. Already I'm replacing Creality's firm ware leveling prob, firmware and display for TH3d versions because they have features I prefer not on the factory stuff. But its a day or two away from print jobs.....maybe I'll print two sets to compare....small bed tho...not like your plus. Poly P bed came for it yesterday.....I'll try Creality's metal magnetic bed a few times.....but I don't like the rough texture.
    Flip the pei sheet over its smooth on the other side.

Boolit Mold
    So I purchased a few

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/22558...yAdapt=glo2usa

and used a relay https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

and the relay makes a terrible noise when I turn it on. works fine when I connect a jgy370 but I need the bigger motor for the case feeder

any ideas?

So I purchased a few

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/22558...yAdapt=glo2usa

and used a relay https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

and the relay makes a terrible noise when I turn it on. works fine when I connect a jgy370 but I need the bigger motor for the case feeder

any ideas?
    Are you asking about the relay noise? Those are mechanical relay's so some noise is expected. Rated for 40A so will handle any motor you throw at it.

These are the ones TylerR got me to buy......three times 3 collatoers.....cheap and silent....and they work for any motor I have.

https://www.amazon.com/Kyoto-Electri...b_search_bia_t

Flip the pei sheet over its smooth on the other side.
    and they don't do well with these......

After 3 years of perfect printing of Tyler's tall skinnies (feed dies), I had the first fallover experience on my P.P. bed.....I knew after 3 years of printing, the bed was due for a resanding, since pores fill up with plastic and tooth is lost....which the quick 30 second sanding with 220 grit sand paper instantly fixed....now good for 3 more years of printing with no bed glue.

I printed two more sets of this .243 bullet feeder die that TylerR's trying to test, after the sanding operation and no more fallovers. TylerR's new die is almost ready for prime time.
    Last edited by GWS; 01-03-2024 at 11:37 PM.

So on this new 6mm bullet feed die.....After a couple of minor hiccups, I got perfection dropping 85 grain Sierras and 105 grain Speer .243 bullets, both boattails!

I use the Alternate Down tubes because I mount them and my proximity sensors below the collator. So exchange the alternate for the regular D.T if you mount your prox just on top of the bullet feed die. For my setup the following worked 100% and smooth bullet after bullet.

Top to bottom:
    • Collator Body
    • Drop_Hole_Adapter
    • Drop_Tube_Alt_7mm with Drop_Tube_Proximity_Housing around it, and Drop_Tube_Proximity_Thread_Insert inside the housing.
    • Spring_Adapter_7
    • Spring
    • Spring_Adapter_7_DT
    • Spring_Drop_Tube_Small
    • Feed_Die_6mm_Insert
    • Feed_Die_7mm_Body

TylerR had to move the bearing holes just a little, then it was perfection. Not surprised are you?

Update: I went to Sportsman's warehouse to buy some more 6mm bullets, but could only find 75gr Speer Varmints....bought them, and a little while ago I tested and compared them to my Sierra 85gr boattails. They work too. Best in the middle holes for all three.

Thought is was interesting that the 75 grainers were the same length as the 85 grainers.....minus the boattails.
    Last edited by GWS; 01-04-2024 at 12:02 AM.

So on this new 6mm bullet feed die.....After a couple of minor hiccups, I got perfection dropping 85 grain Sierras and 105 grain Speer .243 bullets, both boattails!

I use the Alternate Down tubes because I mount them and my proximity sensors below the collator. So exchange the alternate for the regular D.T if you mount your prox just on top of the bullet feed die. For my setup the following worked 100% and smooth bullet after bullet.

Top to bottom:
    • Collator Body
    • Drop_Hole_Adapter
    • Drop_Tube_Alt_7mm with Drop_Tube_Proximity_Housing around it, and Drop_Tube_Proximity_Thread_Insert inside the housing.
    • Spring_Adapter_7
    • Spring
    • Spring_Adapter_7_DT
    • Spring_Drop_Tube_Small
    • Feed_Die_6mm_Insert
    • Feed_Die_7mm_Body

TylerR had to move the bearing holes just a little, then it was perfection. Not surprised are you?

Update: I went to Sportsman's warehouse to buy some more 6mm bullets, but could only find 75gr Speer Varmints....bought them, and a little while ago I tested and compared them to my Sierra 85gr boattails. They work too. Best in the middle holes for all three.

Thought is was interesting that the 75 grainers were the same length as the 85 grainers.....minus the boattails.
    Thank you again for all your testing. I do not use the caliber and cannot test, so the community owes you for all your hard work!