Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Last 2 videos of my Summit/Lee APP Hybrid project........this one to show you how fast caliber changes can be with TylerR's quick change case feed parts. Same caliber change speed on a normal Lee APP of course if you print TylerR's parts that is.

As is my style....a How to put it together video. Free .stl files can be had for the asking, for the rare souls who have a Summit. I think single station presses without case feeders will someday soon be the rarities.

This may be real close to my last project and posts to this wild long thread. Enjoy your reloading and printing! For me, it's been a fun ride! Thanks be to AmmoMike, Redleg Red, and especially TylerR for all the inspiration here at CastBoolits.

Oh! One more to thank....Inline Fabrication's flush mount quickchange press mounts.....Love 'em.....and I only put one extra threaded hole in it.
    Last edited by GWS; 08-14-2022 at 08:10 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Anyone want a free photo sensor setup for the collator? Just wire up the motor and add a power supply and you're done.

Any chance you still have this?

Quote Originally Posted by rsp111 View Post
    Wondering if anyone has a case insert file for 284 winchester or 6.5 prc?

Or a scad file to customize
    Those do not currently exist. It was not designed in scad. I can take a look at it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Last 2 videos of my Summit/Lee APP Hybrid project........this one to show you how fast caliber changes can be with TylerR's quick change case feed parts. Same caliber change speed on a normal Lee APP of course if you print TylerR's parts that is.

As is my style....a How to put it together video. Free .stl files can be had for the asking, for the rare souls who have a Summit. I think single station presses without case feeders will someday soon be the rarities.

This may be real close to my last project and posts to this wild long thread. Enjoy your reloading and printing! For me, it's been a fun ride! Thanks be to AmmoMike, Redleg Red, and especially TylerR for all the inspiration here at CastBoolits.

Oh! One more to thank....Inline Fabrication's flush mount quickchange press mounts.....Love 'em.....and I only put one extra threaded hole in it.
    Very nice design work as usual GWS. and nice instructional video for anyone who wants to use it.

This has been a fun ride, hasn't it? I am not here often because life keeps me so busy, but I do try to keep up when I can.

Boolit Master

GWS,

This query diverges from the present topic trend but, some time ago, I beleive you commented on your method of coloring your embossed 3D text. Could you please comment again on the method used or post a link to the previous posting.

Thank you for your atttention.
    Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Myers View Post
    GWS,

This query diverges from the present topic trend but, some time ago, I beleive you commented on your method of coloring your embossed 3D text. Could you please comment again on the method used or post a link to the previous posting.

Thank you for your atttention.

That's just pressing a "Meanstreak" paint stick into the recesses, then using mineral spirits to wipe the excess off. I started doing that on RCBS's black dies because I couldn't see the sizes/calibers any more with my old eyes.

The following video shows a metal powder die extention getting the treatment....

Last edited by GWS; 08-20-2022 at 11:57 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Where can I find files for the AmmoMike style bullet feeders? All the links I find have been taken down.
    Last edited by Huntinherrington; 08-23-2022 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinherrington View Post
    Where can I find files for the AmmoMike based bullet feeders? All the links I find have been taken down.
    That's because AmmoMike took them down. Is there a reason you want his files rather than the larger later files put out by TylerR? Tyler's files are a bit more versatile being a larger collator, and yet still small enough to print on an Ender 3.

Boolit Bub
    That's because AmmoMike took them down. Is there a reason you want his files rather than the larger later files put out by TylerR? Tyler's files are a bit more versatile being a larger collator, and yet still small enough to print on an Ender 3.
    What I meant was basically any files, I just mentioned AmmoMike for a reference of what I was wanting.

Printing on Prusa i3 MK3S+

Boolit Mold
    Hi guys, completely new to this thread and looking for some help. I bought one of Karl Bibbs's last case feeders that are based on Ammomikes design. I stumbled on this thread looking for upgraded parts. His feeder works great except the plates jam and simply strip out the center hex nut. Your clutched design should solve this but Im not sure if they will fit his feeder. His plates are roughly 6.75" OD. Has anyone done this retrofit?

I'll try to answer you both at once.

First go to a TylerR post. At the bottom is a link that says, "downloads". All the files for collators, APP ect. are there. There is a green button that says "code". Pushing that will download the whole thing on your computer. Or you can download a file at a time.

There is a "Manual" near the bottom of the file list. Go through the manual with a fine tooth comb. Then once satisfied you can move on. Under plates, there is a plate generator file where you can customize your own plate. Including the clutch, diameter, hole size and number.....etc.

I'll be out of pocket until tonight, but TylerR may add to what I've given you as busy as he is, he still checks in often.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks! Nice that the plates can be customized! Will give it a shot!

Boolit Bub
    I'll try to answer you both at once.

First go to a TylerR post. At the bottom is a link that says, "downloads". All the files for collators, APP ect. are there. There is a green button that says "code". Pushing that will download the whole thing on your computer. Or you can download a file at a time.

There is a "Manual" near the bottom of the file list. Go through the manual with a fine tooth comb. Then once satisfied you can move on. Under plates, there is a plate generator file where you can customize your own plate. Including the clutch, diameter, hole size and number.....etc.

I'll be out of pocket until tonight, but TylerR may add to what I've given you as busy as he is, he still checks in often.
    Thank you! I actually read his post on page 99 saying it was in his sig! I kept trying to open all the ones he posted before then but they weren’t there! It was actually Tyler’s feeder not ammomikes that I was trying to access.

I haven’t printed anything yet. First timer here. I’m going to go back to page 200 and keep reading so I don’t ask repeat questions.

With the contributions made in this thread to develop these awesome feeders, I’ll offer whatever support I can to help. Even if it’s just printing new files to test so you guys don't have to go through so much filament, even though I kinda late to the party and most of the development has been completed.I really appreciate all they willingness to help someone else and the countless hours it all took.

@TylerR what filament do you like and what is your PayPal? I’ll sent you some funds. I really appreciate all the dedication that it took to help us all be able to come on here and just print your designs!

PM me who else helped you with the design if you can. I’ll reach out to them also to offer a donation
    Last edited by Huntinherrington; 08-24-2022 at 05:40 AM.

Thank you! I actually read his post on page 99 saying it was in his sig! I kept trying to open all the ones he posted before then but they weren’t there! It was actually Tyler’s feeder not ammomikes that I was trying to access.

I haven’t printed anything yet. First timer here. I’m going to go back to page 200 and keep reading so I don’t ask repeat questions.

With the contributions made in this thread to develop these awesome feeders, I’ll offer whatever support I can to help. Even if it’s just printing new files to test so you guys don't have to go through so much filament, even though I kinda late to the party and most of the development has been completed.I really appreciate all they willingness to help someone else and the countless hours it all took.

@TylerR what filament do you like and what is your PayPal? I’ll sent you some funds. I really appreciate all the dedication that it took to help us all be able to come on here and just print your designs!

PM me who else helped you with the design if you can. I’ll reach out to them also to offer a donation
    Definitely a good idea to read the thread. There is a wealth of ideas and information you won't be able to get any other way.
    I use overture pla+ almost exclusively. Never had an issue with it. writeus2day@yahoo.com

Boolit Bub
    Hey, TylerR, I was reading the following couple of posts about plates for 357mag and 45Colt.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=1#post5270030

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=1#post5332959

Are you still liking to feed rimmed pistol brass lying down? No hurry on this. I know you're busy. Sending files by PM. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M500 View Post
    Hey, TylerR, I was reading the following couple of posts about plates for 357mag and 45Colt.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=1#post5270030

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=1#post5332959

Are you still liking to feed rimmed pistol brass lying down? No hurry on this. I know you're busy. Sending files by PM. Thanks
    Honestly it works pretty well both ways unless something like 45/70 that is very long.
    For .357/44mag I would probably just use a standard collator plate and maybe make it slightly taller. GWS has posted videos of those in action.
    Last edited by TylerR; 08-26-2022 at 11:00 AM.

Yes, but they are going hyper speed (just testing before I had a speed control for that collator.) But if they work that fast they work even better at a normal speed....

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=1#post5369971

I'm a lazy soul......whenever I can, I consolidate and use a plate for more than one size. So far it works fine for 9mm, .40, .45acp, .357mag. and I even tried it with .223 rem. just to see if it would work in a pinch. But I probably prefer my lay down plate made especially for .223.....a little more efficient for that tall.

I made another plate for the APP to use with my tiny AmmoMike collator....using the same size holes and plate height....for .357. As you can see it works well. (holes look bigger because the plate is smaller)

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=1#post5412883

TylerR suggested making one taller for .357. Certainly can't hurt to stabilize them more, but I wouldn't continue to use it for short cases, or you may have two trying to drop at once. 9mm almost does that as it is.....
    Last edited by GWS; 08-26-2022 at 03:55 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Just read the entire thread. Last week I tried to get a Karl Bibb feeder but he has shutdown his printing so I bought 6 of his bullet droppers that he had in stock.. After finding one on Ebay made overseas, I was going to buy it but some of the bullet plates aren’t efficient and I can hand place them faster. Then I discovered this thread.

I didn’t realize that capable 3d printers were this cheap in price. I ordered a Prusa i3 MK3S+ this week so I will be using it non stop for awhile. I will be doing 4 bullet feeders and 3 case feeders as soon as I get some prints under my belt.

Just put a deposit on a Prusa XL.
    I want a couple Mongo feeders!
    Last edited by Huntinherrington; 08-26-2022 at 06:46 PM.

Just read the entire thread. Last week I tried to get a Karl Bibb feeder but he has shutdown his printing so I bought 6 of his bullet droppers that he had in stock.. After finding one on Ebay made overseas, I was going to buy it but some of the bullet plates aren’t efficient and I can hand place them faster. Then I discovered this thread.

I didn’t realize that capable 3d printers were this cheap in price. I ordered a Prusa i3 MK3S+ this week so I will be using it non stop for awhile. I will be doing 4 bullet feeders and 3 case feeders as soon as I get some prints under my belt.

Just put a deposit on a Prusa XL.
    I want a couple Mongo feeders!
    Wow! That XL is way too rich for me! Four times what my Creality CR10v2 cost me ($500 new) Yes mine only prints 300x300, so no Mongo for me, but the 300 printed just fine, which is just right for me. Tyler bought the Ender model that prints 350x350mm....a bit more expensive, but not $2000. The Prusa must be way advanced to make it worth that. Happy you can afford it. Should be fun.

Picture below shows the 300 on the left, and the standard sized one on the right. I use the standard size for all bullets and pistol cases, the 300 for rifle cases.
    Last edited by GWS; 08-27-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Boolit Bub
    So that’s the 300 on the left and the 30% larger than AM version on the right?

Maybe I should have gotten the Ender 5+…

Page 302 of 361 FirstFirst ... 202252292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312352 ... LastLast