Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Mold
    GWS, I added the link to print the control box, front panel and buttons on the first link that I posted that has the pictures etc...
    Aliexpress does not give much information, I believe all the units are the same but I have no way to tell for sure. I see pictures with very slight differences. The one from Aliexpress looks almost like this one.
    https://www.amazon.com/5V-36V-Module.../dp/B07H7L9W3T
    reading the instructions on this it sounds like it has the same program as the one I bought from TEMU.

I also posted on my first post of this how to program it.
    Last edited by Kausit; 02-18-2024 at 09:22 AM.

Boolit Bub
    neat concept for sure. TBH I don't even hear the motors or kicker when reloading, too focused on my press and watching the rounds. But will be neat to see some feedback on it.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kausit View Post
    Not sure that this exact unit has been shown here. This timer will take the place of the SSR and will run the motor for a preset time so that your not starting and stopping the motor every cycle of the press. I set it to feed about 4 or 5 bullets at a time. You have to use a normally closed proximity switch.
    Attachment 323496Attachment 323497Attachment 323498
    I put the control box, front panel and buttons on thingiverse.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6491582

Timer normal mode:
    buttons left to right- 1. STOP 2. SET 3.UP 4.DOWN
    button 1 in normal mode will stop the unit, press once for OFF and again for ON. NOTE if unit will not run press the
    button because the unit maybe in the off mode. nothing tells you its in the off state.
    button 2 short press will display current settings. button 3 & 4 do nothing in normal mode.
    Timer how to Program:
    press button 2 for two seconds
    press button 3 till display reads P-4
    press button 2 display will show OP and blink 3 times, then will display digits 000
    press button 3 to adjust seconds. exp: 035
    press button 1 will cycle the decimal 0.3.5./03.5/035. 03.5 seconds is what I set.
    press button 2 for 2 seconds to save settings. DONE.

Boolit Buddy

Boolit Buddy
    Looking at the timer relay and other ones like it, I am wondering if this one isn’t a solid state relay. I don’t see a relay contact box on the board and it does say in the description that it doesn’t make a clicking sound. I’m not sure exactly what solid state is but I just assumed no moving contact points. Usually means last more cycles.

Boolit Buddy
    The boards look almost identical from the picture Kausit posted and the HW-0516 besides the soldered holes in the upper left corner just above the SIGN block. In Kausits picture they have solder in them and the Amazon ones do not that aside from the Hw-0516 board number missing.

Boolit Mold
    Flybyjohn, this timer has a dual mosfet transister. so your correct it has not mechanical relay. its the same as an SSR. no clicking sounds.
    I have seen about 3 different of these timers almost identical with a couple small differences. I think they all operate the same but without have one of each I am just taking an educated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by flybyjohn View Post
    The boards look almost identical from the picture Kausit posted and the HW-0516 besides the soldered holes in the upper left corner just above the SIGN block. In Kausits picture they have solder in them and the Amazon ones do not that aside from the Hw-0516 board number missing.
    Oh no........not the same at all.....the one in my post is HW-516 (no zero in front) Version 3.0.0!.....rolling eyes.....I hate Chinese parts. Here today gone tomorrow......but what else is there anymore?....heck, even all auto body parts, whether they are Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford, or Chrysler, are Chinese manufactured now. America has sold out, period....and those who caused it ought to be tried as traitors, IMO.

Rant over....I do like the amazon option better than Aliexpress....I looked but didn't find that Amazon option....sometimes Aliexpress takes forever to get anything.....a last resort. Since you found better options, I'm going to remove the Ali one.
    Last edited by GWS; 02-18-2024 at 09:07 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the tips on the stuck bullets. I’ll try printing the new peer drop tubs mine are probably 2 years old. In looking at the issue, seems like three bullets are lodging in the tube just above the sensor. A little jiggle frees them up usually and they drop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4716.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	323560

Boolit Mold
    In regards to universal case drop tubes. Thanks to both of you for this. I, of course have all of mine printed in the first version. Time to print some over.

Quote Originally Posted by r4ndy View Post
    Thanks for the tips on the stuck bullets. I’ll try printing the new peer drop tubs mine are probably 2 years old. In looking at the issue, seems like three bullets are lodging in the tube just above the sensor. A little jiggle frees them up usually and they drop.
    All that shows me is that you have the springtube going into the bottom fitting at an angle, which can create a shelf to catch bullets. But you can't tell whether the shelf is at the transition between the tube and fitting or the fitting and downtube or both. Take it all loose and fit them one at a time and find where the bullet bases are stopping and see if you can file or Dremel what's sticking out providing the bullets a place to catch, gone.

Also from what we've already discussed and illustrations in my previous post demonstrates, tube may still be too big and/or pulled apart enough to create spaces where the bullet bases can catch in the tube itself too. But the end of the spring make need to be filed or trimmed too. Trial and error.....we "builders" all go through that.

But just keep in mind that when bullets fill the tubes they stop when full...and if there's too much width they bunch up.....and that bunching angles bullets in the tube, whether in the spring or in the transitions, fittings, or even in the drop-tube. So all of the above need to be minimum I.D. so at rest they don't bunch sideways and friction prevents further movement.

Look for funnels from wide to narrow too....they can and will bunch and hang in those too. Hopefully if you have any funneled areas, they are above the switch far enough that when the switch de-energizes bullets don't bunch up in one.
    Last edited by GWS; 02-18-2024 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r4ndy View Post
    I have had the same experience. But I run the tightest drop tubes, adapters and springs the bullet will go through comfortably.

What I found was the first coil of the spring would push into the hole a little if the spring was run all the way to the bottom of the "threads" and if the spring had a tiny bend in the end towards the center of the hole a bullet would hang up on the spring and it looks just like your picture. Also I have taken the spring tube and adapters off, turned them 180 degrees and put back would solve it sometimes.

My experience.

GD
    #2 member of the 10%ers

Boolit Buddy
    I just printed the APP main bracket and was wondering what this recess and hole are for. I assume it’s for a captured nut and thumb screw. Am I correct? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0366.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	323631

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Okay....annoyance works! I can relate to that.... Right now the most annoying thing in my life is fighting traffic every morning going to work. Either there are 20,000 more annoying drivers in my city than last year, or I'm losing the battle handling old age.......and then there's handling change.....that gets worse every year too......somebody please find a cure for aging.......okay I'll settle for a cure for neuropathy.

May have to buy one just to see what I'm missing......at least curiosity isn't getting weaker.

Flybyjohn: $6.18 won't break anyone either.....what remains to be seen is if it really is less annoying.....if it is, then the change is worth it.

My next and final collator base will be another normal sized one......will look into this seriously when I'm printing it....and need another E. box.

Did I miss seeing a link?
    I thought you were retired my friend?

I just printed the APP main bracket and was wondering what this recess and hole are for. I assume it’s for a captured nut and thumb screw. Am I correct? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0366.jpg 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	323631
    correct.

Edited to add: 3mm cap screw and nut. 10-15mm long works. There is a thumb_screw_small stl in the Main Body folder.
    Last edited by TylerR; 02-22-2024 at 10:01 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Setting up my new Lee APP press, to use the collator and APP printed parts and I just noticed Lee really cheaped out on the upgraded Lee APP. I had one from a few years ago and the one I got last week is not near the quality as the first one. Went from solid vertical guide rods to rolled un-welded steel smaller diameter ones. The rear folded tie link is also cut out. Probably a holdover from their first run at the rear priming press. Disappointing Lee, really Disappointing.

Name:	IMG_0401.jpg 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	323678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0404.jpeg 
Size:	171.8 KB 
ID:	323679

Boolit Bub
    Setting up my new Lee APP press, to use the collator and APP printed parts and I just noticed Lee really cheaped out on the upgraded Lee APP. I had one from a few years ago and the one I got last week is not near the quality as the first one. Went from solid vertical guide rods to rolled un-welded steel smaller diameter ones. The rear folded tie link is also cut out. Probably a holdover from their first run at the rear priming press. Disappointing Lee, really Disappointing.

Name:	IMG_0401.jpg 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	323678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0404.jpeg 
Size:	171.8 KB 
ID:	323679
    brutal.....

Wow that's pretty lame. Why would they mess with it? Cheaper to make sure, but it is not a beefy press by any means to begin with.

Boolit Bub
    Aight, going to set up my APP to bulge bust prior to loading up. Going to be 9mm. Looking at the files I see the base up slide plate, a different drop chute which is straight vs angled. Just wondering if I need to lay my sorter flatter or?

Quote Originally Posted by calgarysparky View Post
    Aight, going to set up my APP to bulge bust prior to loading up. Going to be 9mm. Looking at the files I see the base up slide plate, a different drop chute which is straight vs angled. Just wondering if I need to lay my sorter flatter or?
    Not flatter. You need a lot of angle on the feeder for the mechanism to work.

Page 351 of 361 FirstFirst ... 251301341342343344345346347348349350351352353354355356357358359360 ... LastLast