Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2

Page 307 of 313 FirstFirst ... 207257297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312313 LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,140 of 6246

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

  1. #6121
    Boolit Master GWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,064
    The only Dillon product I own is a bottle of brass polish for a tumbler.....so I can't help. Maybe Tyler can help if he understands what you are asking. I didn't think Dillon even used a spring tube on the case feeder....or are you talking about some other spring?

    You might do some measuring and give some information.....I.S. diameter, O.S. diameter of the spring tube.....then Tyler can tell you what adapters he has that might fit. More information the better....what calibers are you trying to feed.....
    Last edited by GWS; 09-20-2022 at 12:01 AM.

  2. #6122
    Boolit Master TylerR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike111 View Post
    Hey Guys, I wanted to see if you guys could help me out. Maybe it's too late or something but I am looking to connect a spring from my Dillon case feeder to the Lee APP and one from the case feeder to the case feed adapter on the 650. I see Tanders Case feed adapters but I wanted to see if there was something else that also works with the factory adapters that I already have.

    Also, thanks to everyone who has put in work on this project. I haven't been reloading or on here for a while but this project has advanced exponentially since I started following it in 2019/2020.
    For the Dillon try these:
    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...ng_Adapter.stl
    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...ng_Adapter.stl
    Then just select the correct spring adapters

    For the APP I would need a bit more info on what you are trying to do. Are you using my APP quick change system?

  3. #6123
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    For the Dillon try these:
    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...ng_Adapter.stl
    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...ng_Adapter.stl
    Then just select the correct spring adapters

    For the APP I would need a bit more info on what you are trying to do. Are you using my APP quick change system?
    Thanks, Im assuming one tube is for the casefeeder and the other is for the case adapter on the press and it just uses the regular spring connectors?

    For the APP I am trying to run a spring, like the one on the bullet feeder, to collate cases and feed into the APP for processing brass. I saw a picture in the images folder that looks like it is what I am looking for except it appears to be for boolits, at this time just trying to feed cases from the Dillon case feeder.

    Thanks again for your help.

  4. #6124
    Boolit Master TylerR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike111 View Post
    Thanks, Im assuming one tube is for the casefeeder and the other is for the case adapter on the press and it just uses the regular spring connectors?

    For the APP I am trying to run a spring, like the one on the bullet feeder, to collate cases and feed into the APP for processing brass. I saw a picture in the images folder that looks like it is what I am looking for except it appears to be for boolits, at this time just trying to feed cases from the Dillon case feeder.

    Thanks again for your help.
    It is simple if you use my app quick change system. And this adapter to connect to it. (note there are three sizes)

    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...sert_Large.stl

  5. #6125
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    It is simple if you use my app quick change system. And this adapter to connect to it. (note there are three sizes)

    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...sert_Large.stl
    Right now I am just planning on using the APP for processing 223 brass using the Dillon casefeeder and a spring. I saw your quick change setup video and will have to look more into that later since I couldn't find a lot of info on it or everything that is needed for it.

    Right now it appears that I need the following:

    A -> G -> to spring -> H -> "APP_Spring_APP_Insert_Medium"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.PNG 
Views:	30 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	304877
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	30 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	304878

    After the "APP_Spring_APP_Insert_Medium" does that go onto a tube or onto the press directly or is another adapter needed?

    Or is the quick change easier on all accounts?

  6. #6126
    Tyler

    Is there anyway someone could build a 5 degree curve to the drop tubes,
    I am using the bullet feeder on a Lee Loadmaster with the drop tubes that have the led sensors, but hit the powder fill.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-24 122910.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	304901
    Last edited by Sgt Beer Belly; 09-24-2022 at 01:39 PM.

  7. #6127
    Boolit Master TylerR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Beer Belly View Post
    Tyler

    Is there anyway someone could build a 5 degree curve to the drop tubes,
    I am using the bullet feeder on a Lee Loadmaster with the drop tubes that have the led sensors, but hit the powder fill.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-24 122910.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	304901
    Try one of the APP offsets. That is what I use on the 750.

  8. #6128
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Try one of the APP offsets. That is what I use on the 750.
    Perfect

    I Went through the whole zip folder not sure why I didn't see the offsets

    Thanks

  9. #6129
    Boolit Master TylerR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Beer Belly View Post
    Perfect

    I Went through the whole zip folder not sure why I didn't see the offsets

    Thanks
    You will also need this part to interface with the bullet feeder.
    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...et_Adapter.stl

  10. #6130
    Boolit Master TylerR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike111 View Post
    Right now I am just planning on using the APP for processing 223 brass using the Dillon casefeeder and a spring. I saw your quick change setup video and will have to look more into that later since I couldn't find a lot of info on it or everything that is needed for it.

    Right now it appears that I need the following:

    A -> G -> to spring -> H -> "APP_Spring_APP_Insert_Medium"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.PNG 
Views:	30 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	304877
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	30 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	304878

    After the "APP_Spring_APP_Insert_Medium" does that go onto a tube or onto the press directly or is another adapter needed?

    Or is the quick change easier on all accounts?
    APP_Spring_APP_Insert_Medium mounts directly to the APP quick change inserts. It is the cleanest setup you can do

    Or is the quick change easier on all accounts? Yes

  11. #6131
    Boolit Master GWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,064
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    APP_Spring_APP_Insert_Medium mounts directly to the APP quick change inserts. It is the cleanest setup you can do

    Or is the quick change easier on all accounts? Yes
    I can certainly vouch for that.....I would not have been so successful with my Summit Press APP'izing experiment without the quick change.......in fact I probably wouldn't have made the attempt had I not been so happy with the Lee APP quickchanged. You'll save yourself a lot of time and make caliber changes a pleasant breeze if you use it. Look at the Summit video showing caliber change.....works exactly the same on the APP also, caliber doesn't matter. With the correct down tube they all work the same.

    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=1#post5442483

    The APP doesn't require the separate down tube support the Summit did.....it's all built-in to Lee's tool and included in TylerR's parts. So worth it!
    Last edited by GWS; 09-25-2022 at 09:33 PM.

  12. #6132
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    APP_Spring_APP_Insert_Medium mounts directly to the APP quick change inserts. It is the cleanest setup you can do

    Or is the quick change easier on all accounts? Yes
    Is the "APP_Bracket_Main" the quick change and the spring/tube insert what connects to it to quick change?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture3.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	305075  

  13. #6133
    Boolit Master GWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,064
    bigmike11's question indicates that maybe someone needs to explain the quick change system a little clearer.....so I made a video that hopefully will answer some questions.

    But first....... the parts you'll see in the video, required to feed using the two methods, (1--using a spring tube....or 2--using Lee's 9/16" diameter thin-wall clear tubing).

    For both you need to mount the "APP_Bracket_Main"......the common link. In the video I pointed to the nut required above the Lee casting (see thumbnail in the post above).....below the Lee casting, you normally secure it with another nut below. but rather than just tighten it with a nut below, I added a coupling nut combined with a wing nut, to tighten the Bracket to the casting. The reason for all that was ease in putting it together and keeping it tight....without having to kneel on the floor under the bench, and use a wrench on it. For me that was a pain, so I made it easier for me.

    The video shows both feeding methods: The springtube method requires 3 parts: the brass (or bullet) insert, the APP_Spring_APP_Insert_Medium (or large or small depending on what you are feeding) and finally the Spring_adapter_xx, (the part screwed onto the springtube....."xx" is the size).

    The other method just uses Lee's 9/16" clear thin-wall tubing dropped into the caliber insert down tube.

    How you connect either feeding method to a collator is another subject. Obviously if you are just using lee's shaker collator, you just add it above the clear tubing. Electric collator's to spring tubes are a little more complicated but does allow more leeway on where the collator can be mounted.



    Note: in the video I did not shove the insert all the way into the middle part....just so you can see the caliber I was demonstrating with.

    Also, on the .223 and .308 inserts shown, I highlighted the recessed caliber ID numbers with a white "Meanstreak" gelled paint stick cleaned it up with mineral spirits just so my tired eyes can see them easier. But such is not important to function, so ignoring such is more than okay.
    Last edited by GWS; 10-01-2022 at 04:27 PM.

  14. #6134
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    bigmike11's question indicates that maybe someone needs to explain the quick change system a little clearer.....so I made a video that hopefully will answer some questions.

    But first....... the parts you'll see in the video, required to feed using the two methods, (1--using a spring tube....or 2--using Lee's 9/16" diameter thin-wall clear tubing).

    For both you need to mount the "APP_Bracket_Main"......the common link. In the video I pointed to the nut required above the Lee casting (see thumbnail in the post above).....below the Lee casting, you normally secure it with another nut below. but rather than just tighten it with a nut below, I added a coupling nut combined with a wing nut, to tighten the Bracket to the casting. The reason for all that was ease in putting it together and keeping it tight....without having to kneel on the floor under the bench, and use a wrench on it. For me that was a pain, so I made it easier for me.

    The video shows both feeding methods: The springtube method requires 3 parts: the brass (or bullet) insert, the APP_Spring_APP_Insert_Medium (or large or small depending on what you are feeding) and finally the Spring_adapter_xx, (the part screwed onto the springtube....."xx" is the size).

    The other method just uses Lee's 9/16" clear thin-wall tubing dropped into the caliber insert down tube.

    How you connect either feeding method to a collator is another subject. Obviously if you are just using lee's shaker collator, you just add it above the clear tubing. Electric collator's to spring tubes are a little more complicated but does allow more leeway on where the collator can be mounted.



    Note: in the video I did not shove the insert all the way into the middle part....just so you can see the caliber I was demonstrating with.

    Also, on the .223 and .308 inserts shown, I highlighted the recessed caliber ID numbers with a white "Meanstreak" gelled paint stick cleaned it up with mineral spirits just so my tired eyes can see them easier. But such is not important to function, so ignoring such is more than okay.
    Thank you. It makes a little bit more sense to me now. When I get a chance to fire up the printer and print some things I will report back. Thanks for making the video!

  15. #6135
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Southern Mississippi
    Posts
    91
    Any hints on preventing 55gr FMJ Hornady bullets from jamming up in the size 6 drop tubes to the bullet feeder die?

  16. #6136
    Boolit Bub
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by azlester View Post
    Any hints on preventing 55gr FMJ Hornady bullets from jamming up in the size 6 drop tubes to the bullet feeder die?
    I have some electrical tape going from the case feeder hole plug to the middle of the bullet feeder spring so the spring has about 3-4” of spring straight up and down for the bullet to go directly into the drop tube. When the spring is coming into the tube at an angle the bullets can bunch up at the top of the drop tube.

  17. #6137
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Southern Mississippi
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by r4ndy View Post
    I have some electrical tape going from the case feeder hole plug to the middle of the bullet feeder spring so the spring has about 3-4” of spring straight up and down for the bullet to go directly into the drop tube. When the spring is coming into the tube at an angle the bullets can bunch up at the top of the drop tube.
    Mine are sticking from the drop tube to the APP offset I am using because of my powder measure.

  18. #6138
    Boolit Master TylerR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by azlester View Post
    Mine are sticking from the drop tube to the APP offset I am using because of my powder measure.
    Best advice I can give is to smooth out the inside of the offset as best as you can. A little light sandpaper and run a patch with acetone through it a few times. Any rough surface from printing can cause things to bind up. Which size offset are you using?

  19. #6139
    Boolit Man
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Southern Mississippi
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Best advice I can give is to smooth out the inside of the offset as best as you can. A little light sandpaper and run a patch with acetone through it a few times. Any rough surface from printing can cause things to bind up. Which size offset are you using?
    both the offset and the drop tube are 6

  20. #6140
    Boolit Master TylerR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by azlester View Post
    both the offset and the drop tube are 6
    Try moving to the #7 offset.

Page 307 of 313 FirstFirst ... 207257297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312313 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check