Lee APP Customizable BottleNose Brass Insert openscad file update

Ok,

As requested, added a label

Attachment 308915

Quote Originally Posted by rsp111 View Post
    Ok,

As requested, added a label

Attachment 308915
    Looks great. I have one more suggestion. If you look at my app inserts they have beveled edges at the top and bottom of the cylinder. This aids in inserting it in to the main bracket, as well as inserting the clear tubes on the inside or other adapters on the outside at the top. Would be sweet if you could add them to the generator.

Ditto that....looks great. What TylerR is asking for is on the right. I didn't do that on bottom as you can see, but I think its a good idea to round the edge there too:

Boolit Mold

Lee APP Customizable BottleNose Brass Insert openscad file update

Attachment 308937

Ok Guys, Here you go, Chamfered.

Quote Originally Posted by rsp111 View Post
    Attachment 308937

Ok Guys, Here you go, Chamfered.
    Is there anyway you can also chamfer the outside edge of the top? There are adapters that interface with the top section and it is printed with the top face down on the build surface, so that would otherwise need to be sanded if not beveled.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Is there anyway you can also chamfer the outside edge of the top? There are adapters that interface with the top section and it is printed with the top face down on the build surface, so that would otherwise need to be sanded if not beveled.
    Well I can, but I did make the top bigger to accomodate larger Tube sizes, but it could be a changable value as well.

Boolit Mold

Lee APP Customizable BottleNose Brass Insert openscad file update 1.5

Ok Made the Head diameter dynamic to 5mm over Tube size if tube od is greater then 15 mm, otherwise its 19 mm

BottleNoseBrassInsert1_5.zip
    Last edited by rsp111; 01-07-2023 at 07:08 PM.

Very cool idea.

I've been testing TylerR's bullet collater, 223 bullet feed die, case collating with his magic APP caliber Quickchange System on my new Lee 6000. I only had to modify the caliber insert hanger a little to shorten the distance between the support column and the insert hole and also lengthen the support column......all the inserts work without change. I only fed bullets on test "M" die expanded cases....did not seat any. That last bullet either had a dent in the base, or no stack above to weight it home, but otherwise the "M" pocket held the bullets really straight. Next test will add powder & a seater.

Last edited by GWS; 01-09-2023 at 04:37 PM.

Boolit Bub
    took a while to design, print, and assemble, but got exactly what I wanted!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hornady complete 2.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	309071

Congrats! Looks great!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarysparky View Post
    took a while to design, print, and assemble, but got exactly what I wanted!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hornady complete 2.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	309071
    Awesome,
    I think I must get myself a 3D printer asap!!!

Where do I download the 3D printing files and build description/parts list?

/Silverbullit

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit View Post
    Awesome,

/Silverbullit
    Guess I'm the only one around to answer.....go to one of TylerR's posts.....at the bottom of the post is ... "downloads" click on that .... all the files, the manual, and software to help you choose which parts is there. You can download all of it at once or one file at a time.

Boolit Bub
    Awesome,

/Silverbullit
    It's not quite as easy as just getting a printer. I've spent probably a month working on this, and learning the 3d printing end is still a work in progress. Not saying don't do this, just saying to be real with your expectations. Its a pretty serious task, but tons of fun. The end result is well worth it, IMO.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks mate!!!
    Now I see it ��

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarysparky View Post
    It's not quite as easy as just getting a printer. I've spent probably a month working on this, and learning the 3d printing end is still a work in progress. Not saying don't do this, just saying to be real with your expectations. Its a pretty serious task, but tons of fun. The end result is well worth it, IMO.
    Yeah, I waited for these/3D printers ever since I saw "Small Soldiers" like back in -98 or something around there. When they finally popped up I got severely discouraged by all the tinkering, progeamming and software implied... like phew
    Anyhows theres a lot now that I wanted to print, even saved some stuff on my laptop ssd during the years, unfoerunately them intel ssd's apparantly has a knack for bricking themselves spontaneously when Intel feels they wanna sell you a new one... :/
    Speaking of lost files, does anybody have the bulletmike83 bulletfeeder printfiles ?
    (Also lovely if parts list included)

Cannot find it anymore so I turn to you guru-forummates

/Silverbullit

Speaking of lost files, does anybody have the bulletmike83 bulletfeeder printfiles ?
    (Also lovely if parts list included)

Cannot find it anymore so I turn to you guru-forummates

/Silverbullit
    Why would you want those files when you can build Tyler's? There a ton of support right here if you need it, not to mention the vast number of configurations. I think you'd be pretty much on your own with the ammo Mike feeder.

I'm new to 3d printing as of Christmas 2021. I've built 2 of these for my LNL's & could not be happier. Best of luck with your endeavors.

Boolit Bub
    You won't want to be chasing that relic down. I am currently fixing one of those for a friend and adding what I can make work from this amazing design onto it. This project is the one you want to build if you are going to build anything. This design and all of the support is what you want.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Why would you want those files when you can build Tyler's? There a ton of support right here if you need it, not to mention the vast number of configurations. I think you'd be pretty much on your own with the ammo Mike feeder.

I'm new to 3d printing as of Christmas 2021. I've built 2 of these for my LNL's & could not be happier. Best of luck with your endeavors.
    Aight, thank you for that insightful feedback. I am looking at different printers as we speak, how large build plate do I need to print Tylers printfiles?
    I dont know how to measure the files in the download link, there seems to be 3 different sizes like normal, 300 and mongo... (Guessing the 300 implies 300mm wide) but what sizes are these three?
    I'd sure appreciate your feedback on this mates!

Aight, thank you for that insightful feedback. I am looking at different printers as we speak, how large build plate do I need to print Tylers printfiles?
    I dont know how to measure the files in the download link, there seems to be 3 different sizes like normal, 300 and mongo... (Guessing the 300 implies 300mm wide) but what sizes are these three?
    I'd sure appreciate your feedback on this mates!
    The 300 is for a printer bed 300mm X 300mm X 400mm, like you find on Creality's CR10 V2 and V3. I use this size for rifle case feeders.

The Mongo requires a printer with a 350mm square bed like the Ender 5 Plus TylerR uses. I can't print that one on my CR10 V2.

The original normal TylerR collator can be printed on a Creality Ender 3 with a 220mm square bed. I prefer that size for all bullet collators and works fine for pistol case feeders too.

Below is a picture of the 300 (left) and the Normal size (right) that I have printed and now use. I only use Proximity switches with variable speed on/off speed control to control collator feeding. As per TylerR's suggestion....I also use a relay to preserve the prox. switch. The big knobs in the middle cover the wonderful TylerR clutch system.....no more broken parts from feeding snafus.

Last edited by GWS; 01-17-2023 at 12:17 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Really gotta get me a bigger printer, LOL. That 300 is IMO perfect for case feeding.

Page 315 of 360 FirstFirst ... 215265305306307308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322323324325 ... LastLast