Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationADvertise here

Page 299 of 299 FirstFirst ... 199249289290291292293294295296297298299
Results 5,961 to 5,964 of 5964

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by azlester View Post
    Thanks. I filed a little and it works great now. I have both an APP and an ACP each one is just tad different. But both have your slider on it.
    Any suggestions on the Loadmaster set up?
    Thank you again
    I could not make out enough in the video to give much of a suggestion on the loadmaster. Not sure if you can reshoot it from a better angle so we can see more of what is going on.

Boolit Mold
    I use Cura exclusively. I was able to get a complete print by setting the layer height to .1 and the fill to 95%. When the print finished I could see through the section of the body where the recess is for the balls to retract. The root diameter of the threads is smaller than the diameter of the recess.

Quote Originally Posted by kmitchl View Post
    I use Cura exclusively. I was able to get a complete print by setting the layer height to .1 and the fill to 95%. When the print finished I could see through the section of the body where the recess is for the balls to retract. The root diameter of the threads is smaller than the diameter of the recess.
    This question has come up a bunch. It is a slicer or nozzle size issue, not design. Take a look at this post and the ones after it.
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=1#post5262338

The wall thickness is just over .4mm in that section. The diameter of the threads is definitely not smaller then the recess. This is the design in 3d cad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45diebody.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	300248

Quote Originally Posted by azlester View Post
    Any suggestions on the Loadmaster set up?
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    I could not make out enough in the video to give much of a suggestion on the loadmaster. Not sure if you can reshoot it from a better angle so we can see more of what is going on.
    TylerR's suggestion would help, I agree, but he probably doesn't have a tripod. But Azlester, is it just the last two cases not feeding?....and as you said sometimes? Or is their more? You didn't fully insert any of the cases in the video into the shell plate, so did you have any problems with that too?

My thought with the last two feeding......is that it might be the offset part, and/or the limited weight of the "stack" above the actual pushed case to push it through the friction in the curve. Do you need the offset to run the feeder? If not make less friction by removing it. If you need it, maybe the .223 case is too long for it as it is.....creating the friction. Might have to design a longer offset, or iow's less tight in the curve. You can only accomplish that by using a wider circle in the curve. That would mean a longer, wider offset by some amount. Or am I missing something else?

Another possibility is use a spring tube big enough to let it fall without friction.
    Last edited by GWS; 05-16-2022 at 09:20 PM.

Page 299 of 299 FirstFirst ... 199249289290291292293294295296297298299