Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Bub
    For the ender 5 the bltouch is a nice addition for auto bed leveling. Aside from that I upgraded my board to the latest silent version to run Marlin 2, newer machines might already have this. I also printed bed supports and a cover for the motor on the cross bar the print head is on as the Bowden tube would catch on the motor on occasion.

If you don’t have a nice stable room temperature (e.g. basement) I recommend the Creality enclosure or a diy one to help with stabilizing ambient temp and avoid prints lifting. For PLA I didn’t have too many issues, but with PETG I had a lot of problems until I got an enclosure.

Also, I prefer a glass bed, others will recommend some other types, but glass and a purple glue stick has worked great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    It says it ships from USA, not China.
    Doh! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by r4ndy View Post
    For the ender 5 the bltouch is a nice addition for auto bed leveling. Aside from that I upgraded my board to the latest silent version to run Marlin 2, newer machines might already have this. I also printed bed supports and a cover for the motor on the cross bar the print head is on as the Bowden tube would catch on the motor on occasion.

If you don’t have a nice stable room temperature (e.g. basement) I recommend the Creality enclosure or a diy one to help with stabilizing ambient temp and avoid prints lifting. For PLA I didn’t have too many issues, but with PETG I had a lot of problems until I got an enclosure.

Also, I prefer a glass bed, others will recommend some other types, but glass and a purple glue stick has worked great for me.
    Thanks!

Just wanted to share there is a new version out there. v1.4.6.2

A few minor changes here and there.
    Biggest development is the new quick detach handle. Allows you to print a few handles for all your plates and just attach it when in use. Makes storage of plates much simpler.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	handle.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	285888
    Last edited by TylerR; 08-02-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Just wanted to share there is a new version out there. v1.4.6.2

A few minor changes here and there.
    Biggest development is the new quick detach handle. Allows you to print a few handles for all you plates and just attach it when in use. Makes storage of plates much simpler.

Name:	handle.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	285888
    wow nice refinement

Quote Originally Posted by greekman View Post
    wow nice refinement
    Thanks! for anyone printing it, the handle should be on its side to avoid supports.

Name:	unknown.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	268.1 KB 
ID:	285978

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    You would want an amplifier for the prox sensor, either a microcontroller reading its; output and controlling a transistor or the transistor directly, I'd have to read up on this to make a good suggestion. Sensors aren't usually able to drive high power things directly, though, true.

Figured I would post this here for anyone interested. There is a crazy deal right now for a $169.00 Ender 5 printer. That is half what I paid for mine, and less then most Ender 3's. Ships from USA too.

https://www.banggood.com/Creality-3D..._warehouse=USA
    Interesting....Creality is still cutting prices on CR10 printers too. I paid $500 for my CR10 version 2 with the 300x300x400 bed, quiet board and Z-triangular supports....regular price now is $420, and on sale today for $380......24% less than what I paid. Works well, especially with a autoleveler and a polypropylene bed added...

Ender 5's and their close cousins are too big a footprint for my space, but if you can fit one in yours great. I like the model that has the 350mm bed...Ender 5+ At that footprint I'd rather pay for the big "mondo" bed size.... But $580 is a lot of money....maybe that price will come down too.
    Last edited by GWS; 07-16-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Figured I would post this here for anyone interested. There is a crazy deal right now for a $169.00 Ender 5 printer. That is half what I paid for mine, and less then most Ender 3's. Ships from USA too.

https://www.banggood.com/Creality-3D..._warehouse=USA
    Ordered and received, thank you very much! Right now they have the Ender 5 for $159.00 here:

https://usa.banggood.com/Creality-3D..._warehouse=USA

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Interesting....Creality is still cutting prices on CR10 printers too. I paid $500 for my CR10 version 2 with the 300x300x400 bed, quiet board and Z-triangular supports....regular price now is $420, and on sale today for $380......24% less than what I paid. Works well, especially with a autoleveler and a polypropylene bed added...
    $259 now, 3D printer prices are very fluid for some reason.

https://usa.banggood.com/Creality-3D...A&rmmds=search

Boolit Mold
    Hey guys, just want to say thank you to everyone involved for all the hard work you all put into this! Reading through this thread, watching the videos, and reading through the manual, convinced me to buy an Ender 3 V2 and get to printing! I got everything printed, and I added all the parts to my Amazon cart, the only question I had was are there other options for the speed controller? The only reason I ask is because everything else on the list would be at my house in a few days but the controller wouldn’t arrive until August 4th to the 14th, with our baby due mid august I’d rather have it quicker than that. Again, thank you everyone for all the work put into this project!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Enehmee View Post
    Hey guys, just want to say thank you to everyone involved for all the hard work you all put into this! Reading through this thread, watching the videos, and reading through the manual, convinced me to buy an Ender 3 V2 and get to printing! I got everything printed, and I added all the parts to my Amazon cart, the only question I had was are there other options for the speed controller? The only reason I ask is because everything else on the list would be at my house in a few days but the controller wouldn’t arrive until August 4th to the 14th, with our baby due mid august I’d rather have it quicker than that. Again, thank you everyone for all the work put into this project!!!
    Very nice, glad to hear another feeder will soon come to life.

I have used these controllers with success, and the small electronics box is actually designed around it.
    https://www.amazon.com/Onyehn-Voltag...6811625&sr=8-3

Boolit Mold

I have used these controllers with success, and the small electronics box is actually designed around it.
    Perfect, that’s the box I printed too. Thanks for getting back to me. Got it on order, I’ll post some pics once I get this thing runnin 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by Enehmee View Post
    Perfect, that’s the box I printed too. Thanks for getting back to me. Got it on order, I’ll post some pics once I get this thing runnin ����
    Make that two thanks, I chose to print the smaller box too.

Quote Originally Posted by wbbh View Post
    Make that two thanks, I chose to print the smaller box too.
    Excellent. I would encourage both of you to post pics/video once you are up and running if you don't mind. It helps other people down the line.

Just want to let everyone know the project will be maintained on github from here on out.

https://github.com/BF556/Feeder

How important is the "wall" setting? The Creality software doesn't have a setting for that that I can find.

I got the files downloaded, the project file collection created and after a couple of false starts I've got the Ender 5 printing away. I got stopped by Cura when it came to slicing the Main Body, it kept giving me errors about being too large to print. I Googled it, fiddled with he printer settings and then installed the Creality Slicer application, no problems, print file created. The Creality software wants to print a raft(?) under the parts, but it breaks off easily. The only setting I could not fine in the Creality application was the "wall" number from the collator manual.

How important is the "wall" setting? The Creality software doesn't have a setting for that that I can find.

I got the files downloaded, the project file collection created and after a couple of false starts I've got the Ender 5 printing away. I got stopped by Cura when it came to slicing the Main Body, it kept giving me errors about being too large to print. I Googled it, fiddled with he printer settings and then installed the Creality Slicer application, no problems, print file created. The Creality software wants to print a raft(?) under the parts, but it breaks off easily. The only setting I could not fine in the Creality application was the "wall" number from the collator manual.
    Wall setting is very important. Infil percentage is what usually what people think of when trying to make parts strong, but wall thickness is just as, if not more important. Standard print settings for me is 2 walls .8mm thick each. so 1.6mm total. For stronger parts I will usually go up to 4.

Cura was telling you the body would not fit because either raft or brim is turned on by default. If you go down to the "Build Plate Adhesion" section you should see it there, and set it to "None".
    Last edited by TylerR; 07-21-2021 at 10:04 PM.

Wall setting is very important. Infil percentage is what usually what people think of when trying to make parts strong, but wall thickness is just, as if not more, important. Standard print settings for me is 2 walls .8mm thick each. so 1.6mm total. For stronger parts I will usually go up to 4.

Cura was telling you the body would not fit because either raft or brim is turned on by default. If you go down to the "Build Plate Adhesion" section you should see it there, and set it to "None".
    Bingo! Thank you very much. Looks like I'll have some "spare" printed parts.

Bingo! Thank you very much. Looks like I'll have some "spare" printed parts.
    At least you don't have a part graveyard yet. I think mine would rival most.

So if your walls are .8mm thick...does that mean you are using a .8 nozzle....or are you squeezing .8 out of a .4 nozzle. I get to thinking I've got this all figured out until the next print screws up. I've done quite well up to now, but tonight I was trying to print some APP parts and I had my first spaghetti experience.....must have an adhesion problem again. I changed the reel of PLA back to another brand I've used successfully before (Overture black PLA+) and most likely I forgot the settings I used with it. Feeling extra dumb today.

I don't think I've ever set walls wider than .45.
    Last edited by GWS; 07-21-2021 at 11:33 PM.

Page 232 of 358 FirstFirst ... 132182222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242282332 ... LastLast