Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Anyone shoot cast in 375 H&H

Boolit Master

Anyone shoot cast in 375 H&H

Hey guys, I've got a Rem 700 Classic in 375 H&H that I thought I'd like to try some cast bullets with. I bought this gun with hopes of someday making it to the "Dark Continent" for Cape Buffalo, but don't know if that will ever come to pass. I also would like to try it on Moose or Elk but then again time and money seem to slip by. In the meantime I've shot it with 250-270gr J bullets at around 2500 fps just to take it out of the safe and play with it once in a while. No scope on it yet but it is an accurate rifle. So what say ye ? Anyone shoot some mild mannered loads in one of these...

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

375 H&h

218bee: Suggest you do a search here on the board for 375H&H,for a more comprehensive array.. I use Lyman 37583 over 13 gr of Red Dot for pot shooting small game & forest "chicken"..It's plain base ,so inexpensive and adequately accurate for intended purpose..Moving up in power & Expense,lyman 375 449 with gas check, 33 gr IMR 4198 (not into the new label cans yet)or 40 gr #3031, ..Either is about equiv.to the old 38/55 "High Speed"factory load.. Bullshop has a good selections of boolits for the .375's , including at least one for serious locomotive stopping..No doubt there other good commercial #'s ,too...enjoy...Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master

I've used 375449 with 31grs 4198 and a dacron filler.
    It has shot ten into one hole at fifty yards.
    BTW, this was from a Ruger #1.

Jack

Boolit Buddy
    I use the Lyman 375449 GC bullet which casts to 286 gr in WW for me and Carnauba Red lube. I drive it with 40.0 gr XMR 5744 and WLR primers. See little to no metal fouling with this load. Rifle is a Win M70 SS Classic on an HS Precision stock. Rifle has been to Africa and my load for that is a 300 gr Barnes TSX driven by 68.0 gr of RL-15 for 2604 fps.

Groups with the cast load are reasonable for practice on paper plates. Can never get enough of that!