Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Carne adobada

Boolit Master

Carne adobada

Making carne adobada this weekend from some pork shoulder slices and pork chops from a hog I shot this February. Marinated and slow cooked in home made red chile sauce. Makes the best burritos y'all ever had. Celebrating on account of my Dad is coming to town for the weekend. And he is bring a big ice chest full of Hatch green chiles! Life is good! What are everyone else's culinary plans for Labor Day?

Doc

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodydoc447 View Post
    Making carne adobada this weekend from some pork shoulder slices and pork chops from a hog I shot this February. Marinated and slow cooked in home made red chile sauce. Makes the best burritos y'all ever had. Celebrating on account of my Dad is coming to town for the weekend. And he is bring a big ice chest full of Hatch green chiles! Life is good! What are everyone else's culinary plans for Labor Day?

Doc
    Sounds like we should come to your place. I'll probably have some grilled pork steaks myself.

Boolit Mold
    My Labor day fun will probably be to evacuate to get out of the way of Gustav. What Joy!

Banned
    We are all headed to hunting camp when SWMBO gets home from school. Going to have a tree stand hanging/campfire cooking/gun sighting in weekend. Going to be eating alot of venison...time to make room for some new recruits in the deep freeze.

Moderator Emeritus

My fridge died 2 weeks ago and my stash of Hatch chili turned to soup. Gonna have to send the wife on a chili run to NM.
    grit yer teeth an pull the trigger

Boolit Master

Hatch is the best!

My opinion only, but the Hatch chiles are the ne plus ultra of the chile world. We are having chile relleno casserole and enchiladas this week. If your wife is heading to the market, try to find the Hatch sauce for making Spanish rice (it is a canned sauce). We add a can of Rotel in place of some of the water in preparing the rice and it is really, really good. My eight year old makes a meal of the rice and some beans by themselves.

Bon apetit!

Doc

Boolit Grand Master

Every Sunday here in Arequipa near every little resturant has Adobo.. any ol´chunk of pork swimming about some red sauce cooked for at least 8 hours with whatever "house recipe" of spices and what ever tossed in. Some are good..

Boolit Master
    That sounds really good. The carne makes its way into sopas and burritos and sometimes enchiladas. Some of the moles made in homes of friends here are out of this world good, too. Simple food made with fresh ingredients and shared with friends cannot be beat.

Doc
    Last edited by Bodydoc447; 09-12-2008 at 11:51 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Just got back from Hatch this AM with 3 sacks of fresh roasted.

Sam