Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad Data
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: Any members deal with Western Bullet ?

Boolit Buddy

Any members deal with Western Bullet ?

Placed an order back on 11/16 and have not received any further info on my order other than my initial order invoice. Tried to email them for an order update and still no reply. Any experiences with them ?

http://westernbullet.com/index.html

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    I've used Jon since back in the '90's, he is always slow, always slow, some times slower than others. He puts out good products but he is slow. I've been in his shop on Kennsington in Missoula, when he was open, which usually ain't when his sign sez he will or won't be. Keep trying and be patient.

Moderator Emeritus

Jon puts out a quality product. If you stop in and BS with him he is an effective communicator. If you leave messages, emails etc he isn't.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the feedback, at least I feel better knowing he's legit.

Boolit Master
    I too have experienced the slow, but decent bullets at very good prices. Bullshop, Matt's Bullets very high quality promptly - gas check rifle bullets. Missouri Bullet, Dardas good plain base bullets.

Boolit Master
    I bought some bullets from and he was short. He casted the remaining order that weekend and sent the whole batch at once.
    Ledmelter
    MI

I had problems with them. I ordered and paid then waited. A LONG time, over a month before calling everyday like 10 times until finally somebody answered... he played dumb but was nice enough... promised it was a mistake and it would go right out. After another MONTH I disputed my payment with Paypal. After Paypal opened an investigation guess what arrived... my order. Even though the bullets were of good quality I would never even think of ordering from them again. The reason I placed the order in the first place was to try out many different bullets of different types that I (at the time) did not have molds for and buy a mold or two depending on the results. His timing messed that up. That was my experience with Western Bullet.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

In case anybody thinks my above post is harsh or unwarranted please consider the following... On the Western Bullet website there is NO MENTION of any sort of slow processing or delay of any kind. That would be extremely smart for Western Bullet to do if they are going to be operating slowly. The most important point to me is that customers PAY FIRST then wait... why would anybody expect to just sit on their behind after getting paid. When I pay right away I expect some sort of communication or service, not a long delay with less than professional service and communication. There, I beat the dead dog! I'm done.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Not harsh at all. There's an expectation of business. If there was a notice of slow shipping or something stating that your order was "made to order" that would be different. If I purchase something I expect it to go out in a timely manner. Just as they would expect me to pay in a timely manner.
    Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow ninja View Post
    Not harsh at all. There's an expectation of business. If there was a notice of slow shipping or something stating that your order was "made to order" that would be different. If I purchase something I expect it to go out in a timely manner. Just as they would expect me to pay in a timely manner.
    Very well stated. I'm having a similar situation with Sharp Shooters Supply. I ordered and paid for a custom LVT stock for my Savage 12FTR back on 6/20/17 and was quoted a 12 week lead time, still no stock received yet. I sent a polite email a few weeks ago asking for a status update, and got no reply. I did however get prompt replies when I have questions PRIOR to the sale. I understand quality products take time, and i'm a very patient guy. I get aggravated when I don't receive communication reply transparency when things take an unusually long time.

Boolit Buddy
    Just a courtesy update, my bullets arrived yesterday. Bullets look excellent. So yes Western Bullet is very slow, you won't get email replies when asking for a status update but you will get a great bullet at a great price..... eventually.

Boolit Master
    My experience as well.
    Leadmelter
    MI