RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load Data

Thread: Hatch's PID FAQ

ADMIN

Hatch's PID FAQ

How do I change the temp - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KsOk00zgZ0

Why does my PID temp vary when I first use it? - The PID has a built in AUTOTUNE feature. When you first use it you must run the auto-tune feature. If you don't use this feature it will run using the factory defaults which may or may not work properly based on the heating characteristics of your device.

Can I use the PID on multiple devices - Yes you can but please keep in mind that the second device will not operate as efficient has the first device. Meaning the temp will not be as stable unless you allow it to autotune again.

How to convert the PID over to 220 power - This is simple. The PID comes setup for universal power (85 - 285 vac 50/60hz) It just requires you to cut the 120 plugs and wire directly to 220vac using the white wire as L2.

How to setup Autotune
    For PID control mode, if the control with default P, I and d parameters settings are not able to hold the target temperature, the built-in auto tune function can find the right PID parameters for the system automatically.
    When on heating mode, it will heat up the system to the target temperature then let the system cool down.
    It will repeat this process for about 3 times, then the controller will calculate the parameters.
    To activate the auto tune function, press and hold the > key until the “AT” indicator starts to blink. When auto tune process finished, the “AT” indicator will stop blinking.
    The new values for parameters P, I and d are calculated by the controller.
    To stop the auto-tuning, press and hold > key for 3 seconds, until “AT” indicator stops blinking. The PID parameters values will not change.
    Please note: The sensor, load (heater…) need to be connected properly, otherwise, the auto tune will not complete.
    The time for the auto tune depends on the system response time, would be from a few minutes to hours. Only need to run auto tune one time.
    Last edited by HATCH; 01-06-2018 at 10:57 PM.

ADMIN

the manual can be downloaded from here -> http://golanderusa.com/media/updown/GL-101B_manual.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by HATCH View Post
    the manual can be downloaded from here -> http://golanderusa.com/media/updown/GL-101B_manual.pdf
    Hatch, I have a 500 watt Lee bottom pour, which unit would work best for me?
    Thanks, Fred

ADMIN

The standard PID that I sell will work.
    I have a listing in the s&s section

Boolit Mold
    Hatch,
    Just gathering the items required to start casting and looking to purchase a PID for my casting adventure. Ordered a Lee 4-20 bottom pour yesterday and would like to purchase a PID from you. I'm new to the forum and in the S&S section you need 30 posts to use that section. I do not have that many posts and will not anytime soon. Wondering if you could contact me and let me know how to proceed with a PID purchase. I can't figure out how to pm on this site. Lots to learn.

Hatch;
    In late July, I bought a PID from you. I'll be using it for the first time tomorrow with my Lee 4-20 pot. Should I turn the temp controller on the Lee pot all the way up?

ADMIN

Should of sent me a PM as I just got this.

I bypassed my lee thermostat.
    But yes. Turn it wide open

Banned
    I have been using this PID controller now for several months and it has been fantastic. Best money I've spent on anything to do with reloading in a long long time