WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Lead Prices Are Poised To Tumble

Lead Prices Are Poised To Tumble

This from Bloomberg Financial News. There may be light at the end of the tunnel for us.
    Morgan
    http://www.bloomberg.com:80/apps/new...SiE&refer=home

Boolit Master
    That would be good news. Getting back into casting this year after a 20 year pause was really a shock. Beats buying them though and with retirement I have time to cast.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Boolit Master
    Here's to hoping that a bunch of speculators get burned big-time when the rug gets jerked out from under them!
    lathesmith

Boolit Master

That is good and bad, as the large Doe Run smelter is only about 30 min from the house here. I was thinking about hitting them up for a job once they started getting lined out. I like the idea of cheaper lead, but am not too fond of the prospect of not having more Jobs in the area with Chrysler shutting down and all of the other area business that support it.

Best Wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Master

"Lead can be recycled repeatedly, and the final product is indistinguishable from new, according to the Lead Development Association in London." (From the link above)

It seems to me that part of the thought process on the part of the producers and recyclers is to cut we boolit casters out of the loop, as we represent (to them) a dead end in the process.

Until facts on the ground prove otherwise, I think we should pursue our sources with abandon. What's good for the lead industry and their customers may not trickle down to a segment of the group that they would like to put out of business.

Banned

That's a good point.

And that's yet another great reason us Cast Booliteers need to keep our own recycling program intact.

Boolit Master

Wherever they hire Philosophers & Misanthropes...
    We need to organize with the Mining industry... after all, ifwe are the "dead end" they are the "live beginning", and we are burying it for them to dig up...
    A Democrat that owns Guns is like a Vegan that owns Cats...
    C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
    Gott und Gewehr mit uns!...
    Death is only The End if you assume the Story is about You.
    1.618034 Fnord
    מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין - Daniel 5:25-28 - Got 7.62?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ironsights View Post
    We need to organize with the Mining industry... after all, ifwe are the "dead end" they are the "live beginning", and we are burying it for them to dig up...
    That is a good thought and great way to put it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Good thing pelosi did not think to tax our way out of the lead/ww speculation and profit taking bonanza.

I'll bet it takes me two years to convince Rusty at the alignment shop that he ought to only charge $5 and a six pack like in the old days.

BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Buddy
    I can already see some relief; I went to Gander the other day and they had shot for $49 a bag instead of the $63 they were charging 3 months ago. Still over priced by 50%, but we're gaining.
    If you want your children to follow in your footsteps, be careful where you walk.
    Beware the man that only owns one gun; he probably knows how to use it.
    Some things never change; others change more slowly.

thats some good news

Boolit Grand Master

Recycle your product ! I realise everyone may not be able to... But every 3 months I take the time to take my home built screen wire seperator and I dig out my fired boolits. I return the dirt and my 1 hour work gives me near all my lead back. I do have to purchase about 1 kilo every two years to replace those pills that go to unrecoverable areas. Oh the joy of having endless desert to roam about.