Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee's 1 1/4x12 threads??

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    dromia:

Now why didn't that occur to me; we must have a hundred or so pounds of carded wool from our flock of Shetlands in the attic - I'm 'WAAY behind on my spinning! (See my photo on the CASTPICS "Rogues' Gallery").

Floodgate
    Last edited by floodgate; 08-14-2008 at 08:18 PM.
    NOV SHMOZ KA POP?

Super Moderator

............So Dromia, clue me in on the deal with Jamison brass. I have a bunch of it for the Snidy .

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Oh carded wool as in after its been pulled apart by those little steel brush CARDS?...my uncle runs a sheep operation in Maine....maybe I'll ask for some cleaned wool to mess around with for my birthday lol
    My firearms project blog

Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    ............So Dromia, clue me in on the deal with Jamison brass. I have a bunch of it for the Snidy .

...............Buckshot

Ah Rick make me not repick that sore.

But as enquiring minds must know I shall precis the story, which I'm sure you are aware of.

I was in on the BMF group buy for 200 .577" Snider and 200 .577"/.450" Martini brass, not an insubstantial investment.

It was a complete disaster, the Martini brass was unfinished at the base, had burrs, and was over size none of it would fit in any of my Martinis.

The Snider brass has off centre primer pockets and eliptical bases/rims so the wouldn't fit or sit straight in the shellholder press.

We were dumped with a bunch of seconds and rejects.

OK so mistakes happen and if they are put right then there is no problem, but this where Jamison became an untrustworthy and disreputable company, they refused to acknowledge or do anything to put the "mistake"right.

Most people had the same problems, some guys managed to fix it by filing and turning and some had rifles with generous chambers and the Martini brass fitted.

Me I weighed my brass in for scrap as I thought if the stuff was that much out of specification I was not going to trust in it loaded even if I could the crap to reload/chamber.

As a footnote Jamison appear now to be trying to make some ammends, however over a year down the line this is just not good enough.

I will never trust or buy from Jamison again and I look forward to their bankrupcy.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12