Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: Pneumatic cylinder on my Star Sizer

Boolit Buddy

Pneumatic cylinder on my Star Sizer

Well I finally got tired of turning that little handle on top of my Star Sizer/Luber. I went and bought one of Magma's air cylinders. I keep reading how some of you guys really like it so if I don't like it, I'll have you guys to blame!!. Anyway, living in Southwest Florida, the garage stays at a nice comfortable 98 degrees during the summer months so the BAC lube I've been using stays really sticky. I just ordered some Carnuba Red from Glen and I'm looking forward to "non-sticky " boolits. My questions are #1. At what pressure do you suggest using for Carnuba Red? #2 Will I need a heater to make the lube flow here?
    I'm loading .45 Colt, .45 ACP, and .357 mag rounds.
    What say you oh group of more wisdom than I shall ever have???

Jack
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson was one Smart guy. Now we need to find another one!!!
    NRA Life member since 1971, SASS
    Ret. IAFF Local 2928

Boolit Buddy
    Ok, so maybe it was s stupid question and I shouldn't have asked???
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Ret. IAFF Local 2928

Boolit Master

Hang loose a bit someone will be along soon. I would help but don't have a star.

Boolit Grand Master

I have a Star press and use Lars Red Carnauba. I need heat and use the Lyman heater with a rheostat to control the temperature. However, I have a climate controlled house and do NOT lube bullets at 98 degrees.

YMMV
    Dale53

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dale53 View Post
    I have a Star press and use Lars Red Carnauba. I need heat and use the Lyman heater with a rheostat to control the temperature. However, I have a climate controlled house and do NOT lube bullets at 98 degrees.

YMMV
    Dale53
    SEE what you started wildman?
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Buddy
    Well I made up a box with two outlets. One is run from a 600 watt light dimmer the other is on permanently, I figured I would probably need heat during the winter months. (God I sure winter would get here.) One of these days I'll put an A/C Duct out to the garage and make it a bit more comfortable out there. Right now I'm trying to blow the cool air from the house into the garage thru the laundry room. Not very effective, but sure keeps the lube soft !!! lolol
    Jack

Ret. IAFF Local 2928