MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FINAL MODS to FEEDING the UPSIDE DOWN SIZING PRESS...

FINAL MODS to FEEDING the UPSIDE DOWN SIZING PRESS...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bhSQvM4xtQ

OK...unless one of you other Einsteins out there find something wrong here that I've overlooked...well...it's a done deal.

All I have to do now is learn how to use it...it's not so easy to feed the feed tube when the press is in the down position. Sounds like a simple thing to reverse the operation but this old Greyback has already sized too many the other way where you drop the cast into the die and then push the press handle.

I would imagine that a couple 6-packs and 20 pounds of cast oughta retrain the muscle memory!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

I like it, might make the mount for the tray a little different but this looks like a pretty good plan
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Boolit Master

Very nicely done. I like it although I probably will never rig one up for myself. I am at a age that casting is more work (heat and sweat as I have to cast outside) than I care for and I also have a lifetime supply of nearly every bullet I load except for one or two calibers which I will soon have those also. Then I will probably sell out and stop casting altogether. james

So far the tray mount hasn't had to be moved up or down to accommodate pistol casts from the 9mm through the .45...but...I still have to experiment with the longer rifle cast and I think they may require a longer feed tube at a steeper angle which means the feed table has to clamp higher on the side of the press mount.

We'll see. It would be nice to have an angle bracket underneath to replace the wood clamp though. Good call.

Banned
    That's my story and I'm sticking with it. .
    Looks good Charlie, sure beats standing them on the post or dropping them into the hole.

Boolit Master
    I watched & think it is a nice setup.

I just have mine set up so it is flippable like I have mentioned before & thus can use it both ways. So I won't likely be putting a rig on like you have, dedicated to sizing & all. But, one never knows...

I see ya have some foam or cardboard as a drop stop in your bin. Not a bad idea. I use a short piece of garden hose slit & taped to fit the outside of my Lee sizer dies & it falls with a slight curve into the bottom of a gallon bucket so the boolits don't smack into each other on the ride thru the tube & at the bottom of the bucket. They just slowly push their way out by the weight of the ones on top as I size them. When I get thru, I just take the hose off & the ones in the hose make their way into the pile in the bucket with no harm.

Always fun to see someone elses tinkering to make things easier for themselves on some mundane task. Even if it is a Rube Goldberg-esque setup like mine might appear to some.
    LOL

[ Now I am gonna wonder how many remember who Rube Goldberg is? ]
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Hi Charlie.Looking good.Just watch the fingers.Thanks for posting.I hope that I won`t do a nono here,but if you want to see something really neat,check out the Fly Board video after you watch Charlies.That is just what is needed for the morning commute.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Nicely done. Same basic idea as mine, other than my handle is a bit more complex . I like the tray idea, I'm just picking them up one at a time at the moment but your idea would be much faster. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to modify mine to use a tray .

Banned
    Now you need to make collator to automatically feed your sizer

Boolit Master
    The link took me to a review of a VW.

Boolit Master

Link worked for me.

Nice work Charlie. Watched some of your other videos as well. Good info there, thanks for sharing.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

I know who Rube Goldberg was and the meaning of any reference to him.

This does not pass the RG sniff test. Very clean. Nicely done, thanks for sharing.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flashhole View Post
    I know who Rube Goldberg was and the meaning of any reference to him.

This does not pass the RG sniff test. Very clean. Nicely done, thanks for sharing.
    LOL I was talking about MY own rig... See below in Bold

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post

Always fun to see someone elses tinkering to make things easier for themselves on some mundane task. Even if it is a Rube Goldberg-esque setup like mine might appear to some.
    LOL

[ Now I am gonna wonder how many remember who Rube Goldberg is? ]
    But, you may have missed that.... Can happen to anyone...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Looks like a good idea. I was thinking of getting a cheap old C press for sizing. I have the lee hand press at the moment I use while watching Tv to size bullets. it gets monotonous though.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

that's awesome.

Looks like it works great, awesome idea !!

Well done. What press mount is that?
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by flashhole View Post
    Well done. What press mount is that?
    It's made from a piece of square tube steel and cut out in that shape...no welding required.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2709.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	207380

Here's the post about building it...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ng-Press/page2

Boolit Master
    Why not buy a Star?

Oh...I dunnoh...maybe I ain't got the money or, I just like to make stuff for myself.
    I'm a moderate user of ammo...should I need the quantity for competition and lots of practice...well, I'd have to change a couple more things besides my sizer.