RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone bought stuff from here ??

Boolit Bub

Anyone bought stuff from here ??

F&M reloading equipment.
    http://www.fmreloading.com/

I was going to place a order but wanted to know if anyone has had good or bad experiences.
    I'm still new around here,not sure if I posted this in the right spot.
    Swapping and selling is more of a classified and the dead beat list didn't seem like the right place to ask either,I did a search and nothing turned up.Is there a category I'm missing.
    Sure would be handy.
    One site I use has a BOI(board of inquiry) specifically for dealers,but it has nothing to do with reloading.
    My apologies if this is against the rules or in the wrong place.

Boolit Master

They have always been fast and correct with any order I placed with them!

It is a matter of price and availability whether I use them or Mid South!
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Yep, and 2 days later , my credit card was hacked with a $5,200 purchase by some dude in CA. Talked with the owner and your credit card information is not on a separate server, plus they don't use Hacker Safe
    Regards
    John

Boolit Bub
    Good info.Sounds like money order only if that's the case.
    You may have saved me a heap of trouble/money. Thanks

Like I said I'm just a new guy and maybe I don't know where to look but a listing of good and bad dealers/sites would save us a lot of grief.
    I have seen the" individual" deadbeat,strait shooter thread but didn't see any thing on dealers.Example Mid South,Midway... did a search nothing.
    It keeps presser on them to take care of things better,actually having things in stock when it says it's in stock for example.Secure web sites.Ect.

I'll leave it at that,and thanks for your help.

Boolit Master
    Ohio- Painesville and Cleveland and Port Clinton.
    I can't speak to the credit card question but their prices were good and they delivered promptly whenever I ordered from them.

I wish I would have read this thread before I placed my order with F&M. Two weeks ago I placed a order for a 6 banger Lee mold and some alox. No charge to my bank account thus far so I figured nothing had been sent. I was assured that what I ordered was in stock and I would have it within a week. Looks to me like I'm getting the run around and when I call I either get a busy signal or no one answering the phone.

Boolit Grand Master

I have also on occasions purchased from F&N (mostly molds and Lee stuff) and have no negative thing to say. I would buy from them again.

I have used them once, same purchase 6 hole lee mold. They were out of stock and said it would be about three weeks. They had good customer service, changed my order on the phone and also reminded me that I needed handles if I didn't have them. However they did seem to be busy and it did take the full three weeks or maybe even a little longer. Cost + shipping was cheaper than Midway, but don't be in a hurry.
    Overall good transaction.
    JE
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master

Been a couple of years, but I recall buying some moulds and dies from F&M when I was just beginning to get back into serious casting. Prices and shipping charges were reasonable...less than Midway, for sure...and I received my order promptly and without backorders.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

I usually am never in a hurry for something I understand is on a backorder. I was told this item was in stock on the phone. This tells me that a reasonable time frame should be expected for the item to get sent out. So far it's been 10 business days and the mold is still at F&M. I know this because I called them yesterday and he just said he has been busy. Too busy for my business I think is what he meant.

Boolit Grand Master

Might be a good company, but that is one crappy web site.

Boolit Mold
    I bought a lee six cavity from them. They told me the item was on back order, so it took a while for me to get the mold. They were very upfront about it and I made the decision to buy anyways. So I am happy with the purchase I made.

Boolit Grand Master
    Never had a problem with them.

I have purchased molds, SR-1 and other targets ,and a LEE bottom pour melter. They have been timely about shipping and he always looks to make sure what i needed was in stock. My last dealings was mid June this year.

I used to purchase Phoenix brand cast boolits from them years ago, before I started using my own exclusively.

His prices are good and shipping was reasonable.

Shiloh
    Last edited by Shiloh; 09-13-2008 at 12:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Master
    My general rule of thumb when it comes to ordering things off online sites is to look at their website. If their website is poorly laid out and looks like an amature did it, I typically will find a more professional and better known website that has better security features. The exception to this is the company where I get my brass. And I just call up the owner and tell him what I want. He's a good guy and I'm met him face to face several times.

Boolit Buddy
    Well I ordered from them 46 days ago.... still waiting...guess there kinda slow.

Boolit Mold
    it seems some of their good deals are out of stock with no backorder when i ordered from them in the past. never actually completed an order.

Quote Originally Posted by 870TC View Post
    Well I ordered from them 46 days ago.... still waiting...guess there kinda slow.
    Today was the third promised day the order would show up here. They still have not charged my account so I know it hasn't shipped. Doesn't make any sense if it were actually in stock as stated by them. Either way they haven't either shipped it or didn't actually have the item as stated.

Boolit Buddy
    Update, ordered on 7-31, called 8-14 they say 1 more week, call on 9-9 they say 1-2 weeks, call on 10-3 they say 1 more week, and on 10-20 the package finally shows up. I always was bad at math but that would seem to be about...Hmmm 81 days.

In Remembrance

That scares me. I ordered a mould on 2-11, no mention of a back order. I ordered on line and received immediate confirmation (next day). Put it on my card. Card charge did not occur until 3 weeks later. So far no mould and no response to repeated emails.
    My mould finally came yesterday. Good price on mould and shipping, but slow.
    Last edited by DLCTEX; 03-05-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Mould finally came

Boolit Grand Master

I have been using Midsouth and Natchez lately. Very good dealings and prompt. Prices beat Midway and F&M.
    Ordered from Graf & Sons lately also, the 43 Mauser brass. Good service and decent prices also.