Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rugers not thinking right

Boolit Master

Rugers not thinking right

On the 10/22...the ..trigger HOUSING, TRIGGER and BARREL BAND are now plastic..
    I hate to see that as I am alergic to plastic ,,,,,,It makes me break out in bad language!!
    They havent been great on fit and finish for a wile ,but they were dimonds in the rough so to speek. But plastic is just junk as far as triggers are concerned.
    OLD BILL JUST MAY COME BACK AND FIRE THE LOT OF THE MANAGEMENT TEEM!!
    ....Buck
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    No! No! No! YOU are NOT thinking properly.

Ruger is doing it's part to help the economy by ensuring after market part replacement.
    Reading can provide limited education because only shooting provides YOUR answers as you tie everything together for THAT gun. The better the gun, the less you have to know / do & the more flexibility you have to achieve success.

Boolit Master
    Ohio- Painesville and Cleveland and Port Clinton.
    Plastic can be made harder and stronger than steel.....but I doubt Ruger is doing this.

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    Are we now dependent upon foriegn oil for major parts of our firearms? Maybe we have been for a long time, considering synthetic (plastic) stocks.

Seriously, though, a plastic barrel band will not take many adjustments. I find it necessary to adjust the barrel band tension to find optimum accuracy with my 10-22.

Regards,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

I have 5 in different configurations. Looks like that will be it for me.

Don'y worry. If the cost of oil keeps rising it may be cheaper to go back to steel.

Smile

It's an opportunity for the aftermarket parts manufacturers.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

What plastic is harder than steel????
    Semper Fi

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry Ruger, It's time to say good-bye. I will not purchase another new ruger. You need me much more than I need you.

Boolit Grand Master
    RUGER GOES GLOCK!! Film at 11.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Bub

Plastic

Yeah, a lot of guys over at rugerforum were pretty upset about this when it hit the shelves. I'm pretty sure they used aluminum before, that is what the receiver is made of on the 10-22. You can always go with the Volquartson Trigger housing+guts for about what the gun cost you...

I don't remember too much scuttlebutt when Remington put plastic on the 870 "Express" shotguns, the part just isn't stressed that much and is done on a cost-saving basis. Not that I am thrilled about it either. (

Smile

My Mossberg 500 has a plastic trigger guard and safety button. I'm not too concerned about it.

Boolit Bub
    None of my guns has plastic trigger guards or triggers or barrel bands. Come to think of it, none of my guns has any plastic on them at all.

AND IT'S GONNA STAY THAT WAY!

Joe

Smile

Heck, I have a Winchester M70 with a BLACK PLASTIC STOCK!

And my Weatherby Vanguard came with one. (It's got a Boyd's laminate one on it now.)

Some people on here have a whole lot funnier looking black plastic rifles than mine.

In the "Who's Got The Weirdest Milsurp" thread, none of those AR owners have fessed up yet. They'd win hands down over any of those 19th century elegant oddities.

Boolit Master
    Newest rifle I have is aShiloh Sharps (no plastic there) all others are at least WWII ventage. I don't even like a soft drink in plastic cups and for sure coffee in styro cups. Shoot I still drive a steel Ford PU old slow and heavy like myself.

Boolit Master
    I can live with a lot of things , but not a plastic trigger.
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    This is really nothing new for Ruger or any of them. I'm sure shooters were beside themselves when everyone started using aluminum for bottom metal for trigger guards and floorplates back in the 60's. Give Ruger a little credit, the new Hawkeye version of the 77 has NEW steel bottom medal. Ruger knows that the 10/22 is and has always been a WalMart cheapo. Yes I have my obligitory 10/22, but it's a typical throw away gun like the 597 and most other 22's out there. If I want to shoot a real 22 I grab my Win 94-22, Marlin 39, or my Kimber. Heck, they've been using aluminum for grip frames and ejector rod housings to that need to be replaced as soon as you buy a new Blackhawk (at least I do). Heck I bought a 3 screw old model super bh a couple of years ago that had an aluminum ejector rod housing that I changed to a aftermarket steel one cause it looked like crap. If it helps Ruger stay competitive and lets them stay in business, I'm all for it.
    And no I really don't like plastic on guns, but you'd better get used to it, it's the wave of the future.
    Maybe Gaston Glock is working for them.

Generous Donator
    [QUOTE=Ricochet;

In the "Who's Got The Weirdest Milsurp" thread, none of those AR owners have fessed up yet. They'd win hands down over any of those 19th century elegant oddities.
    [/QUOTE]

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    My Mossberg 500 has a plastic trigger guard and safety button. I'm not too concerned about it.
    The plastic safety button on my Mossberg 500 broke into two pieces, right at the screw, which dropped into the receiver, disabling the gun.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Master
    I still have three old Remington Nylon 66 rifles one of which I use all the time so I don't have an problem with plastic guns. I just prefer wood and metal. Nothing like a nice piece of figured walnut attached to blued steel. IMHO
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast