Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Mihec 502-700 Mold

My goodness Miha ships fast! There was a mixup with my order, no worries, it got to me in less than 2 weeks. Got it the other day, heat cycled twice @ 400f and twice @ 500f for an hour each, this is my first brass mold and it's what I read to do. This is also my first HP mold, so I jumped in off the deep end with the pentapoint. These mold blocks are HUGE!!!!! Good point on the warm up period gentlemen, it acts like a big heatsink for quite a while, I saw the advice against, but went ahead and warmed it up only leaving it on top of my 4-20 filling the cavities and doing some deposition on the sprueplate to get some heat into it. prolly 10-15 minutes I was dropping boolits without crinkles, but was splitting the blocks a lil fast and crumbling the driving bands a little bit, the advice that these take quite a while to solidify is spot on. I finally fell into a groove on the process timeframe, after the mold gets real hot it doesn't mind the lead temp cooling off. I dropped 19.4lbs of keepers, and am excited to get them powdercoated and into the side of a pig!

"The .44 magnum. The largest handgun in the world." Hahaha! Lyman 429-421 mold for size reference!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0946.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	218596

Name:	IMG_0942.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	218597

A 9mm and a long OAL loaded 400gr Lee .480 Ruger for size comparison!

Name:	IMG_0943.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	218598

Also to add, sans PC and a GC, they're dropping between 625gr and 630gr using range scrap.

Has anyone worked up a warm load they'd like to share using the penta's? Want at least 1000fps......

In Remembrance

Lil Gun powder is the go to for a wrist breaking experience with this boolit. You might call the manufacturer and get a starting load from them.
    I prefer to use Trail Boss powder for a easier on the wrist experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bpatterson84 View Post
    Also to add, sans PC and a GC, they're dropping between 625gr and 630gr using range scrap.

Has anyone worked up a warm load they'd like to share using the penta's? Want at least 1000fps......

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Mold
    Hi,

I am new to the forum. I am trying to find out if Mihec is going to manufacture another batch of 502-700 molds for the 500 magnum. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Clive

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by cleah View Post
    Hi,

I am new to the forum. I am trying to find out if Mihec is going to manufacture another batch of 502-700 molds for the 500 magnum. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Clive
    sent him an pm.. not sure how you get somebody to start up one of these... but there on some lighter grain moulds on his website... but id love a 700 too

Boolit Buddy

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the tips. I just bought the M P Mold and was looking for exactly the info you offer. I could use any tips re powder charge for each of the three bullets (T Rex 700 gr, round hollow point and pentagon hollow point). I have been using 10.0 gr of Trail Boss with the 440 gr Lee RNFN and it is quite comfortable. I have the 8 3/8" barrel.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112