RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weak hands/HiPoint

Apparently I can't leave it alone. The mag release button was easy to bump causing the mag to disengage-so a few file strokes cured that. A single shot pistol is still a pistol so I removed the mag safety. And then stippled the grips for much better traction for sweaty hands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My wife has a CF380 racking can be assisted by putting the slide against flat surface. Door jamb, table, counter top, anything secure, and flat. There is a good 3/8 inch above the barrel, and almost seems like they designed for it.

Yes and that feature helps disssembly greatly! Thanks WW!

Knocked a gallon of ice over with the first shot, then quickly emptied the mag @10 yds. That'll do, Pig.

Boolit Master
    Nice work on all 3 points.
    What did you use to do the stippling?
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Quote Originally Posted by DCM View Post
    Nice work on all 3 points.
    What did you use to do the stippling?
    I was bored out of my mind inside a craft store with my wife. I spotted an electric wood burning tool with three different tips and thought -Hey! I can use that! I use the curved point tip. I did my Ruger P97 and it was a great help so the HiPoint was a forgone conclusion.
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Buddy

I've had a .40 for a couple years. Complete package for 135 bucks to include 2 mags brand new. Eats everything I put in it, even my handloads and cast bullets. I swapped out for the aperture sight and my hits went up. Love it. When you run out of ammo you can pistol whip them to death. Easy
    -Mike

All the trotline weight jokes would apply except for the fact that they WORK!

Banned

I like what you did with the pistol. There's an old adage in the Army, "it it's stupid, but works, then it isn't stupid". I think that's a good mod.

I've been interested in the High Points, but never shot one. I have heard nothing but good things about their reliability and customer service. I can't see owning a pistol that large and heavy for self defense, but the carbines fascinate me and I'll have one someday.

Boolit Master

I have a 9mm carbine and it eats anything you throw at it even when you mix them in the mag. Mine really like the L 358-105 SWC nice clean holes. I haven't really tried it out past 50 yds but it is acceptable so far.

They remind me of the old Raven .25 auto. Ugly as mud but accurate and reliable.
    I'm going to shoot the snot out of this one but carry it? No.

Boolit Bub
    do not have the 9 or 40 but do in 45 acp. it does bang every time the trigger is pulled. makes a good truck pistol. no worry about rust and, if need to be disposed of, no tears. not like losing a 1911 colt. I have made 2 head shots at 25 & 30 steps on cottontails so plenty accurate for its intended job, which of course is self defense.

Boolit Master

I sold quite a few in my old shop. They worked and when the did not warranty was fantastic. My partners did not like the 25-30 dollar profit said I could not order them any more. Attitudes like that made me sell out.

Not everyone can own the best, in fact the ones who cannot afford the best need a reliable gun about 200% more. They are a good buy when you need protection. They will carry as easy as a full size 1911 made by the best custom maker weight wise at really a fifth of the price.

Not a gun snob nope I am not. Hint Taurus stuff is **** with bad warranty help I will take Hi-Point over any of them.

Moderator Emeritus

Now that is short sighted thinking. Sure they make $25 off the HiPoint... but then the customer comes back for ammo, maybe a shotgun or rifle down the road... My LGS always has HiPoints in stock, his customer service is top notch so people come back plus he has the best ammo prices locally. So once they buy they keep coming back and most eventually upgrade to a better pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    I sold quite a few in my old shop. They worked and when the did not warranty was fantastic. My partners did not like the 25-30 dollar profit said I could not order them any more. Attitudes like that made me sell out.

Not everyone can own the best, in fact the ones who cannot afford the best need a reliable gun about 200% more. They are a good buy when you need protection. They will carry as easy as a full size 1911 made by the best custom maker weight wise at really a fifth of the price.

Not a gun snob nope I am not. Hint Taurus stuff is **** with bad warranty help I will take Hi-Point over any of them.

Banned
    The wife has a 45 acp carbine. The trigger sucks but the gun is accurate and loves 230gr rn. For a cheap handgun the CM9 Gen2 by Sarsilmaz is like a scaled down 1911 and is very accurate

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Now that is short sighted thinking. Sure they make $25 off the HiPoint... but then the customer comes back for ammo, maybe a shotgun or rifle down the road... My LGS always has HiPoints in stock, his customer service is top notch so people come back plus he has the best ammo prices locally. So once they buy they keep coming back and most eventually upgrade to a better pistol.
    Why I left. They did not like surplus rifle sales either even when cases of ammo left in a couple of weeks.

Fudds can truly be idiots IMHO. When the guns were not a shotgun or Colt or Winchester it was not worth selling. Glad I left losing only 10K. [note bad taste in mouth]

Banned
    I was visiting a friend and there was one of these lying on the table. I asked him about it and he had no idea what it fit, it didn't fit any of his guns. we tried it in a high point and vola. seems he aquired a buch of stuff from a buddy of his. He gave me these.

Careful of those they will void your warranty.

Red Ball I think is the name of the 20 round mag's for 9mm Hipoint Carbine that gets the Hipoint seal of approval. They work, and work well.

Moderator Emeritus

Those long mags in the pic are junk, nothing but trouble an as mentioned they void the warranty(causes damage in one spot that is a telltale sign). The Red Ball mags work well and were designed with HiPoints input.

Banned
    I should have known my luck wasn't that good. Thanks, more paper weights .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast