WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For the Dog lovers

Boolit Master
    Great looking dog .he'll keep you on your toes.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141201_140157.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	202010
    This is just one of my 3 current pooches. He's 6 years old in October and he's daddy's spoiled baby. He weighs 67 lbs. And goes EVERYWHERE with me.
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Boolit Buddy

Name:	6147.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	202016
    This is my other Bassett hound. 3 years old 53 lbs. Of rowdy puppy, but he's such a cuddler. Both Bassetts are in competition for dad's attention most of the time.
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Boolit Buddy

Name:	20150415_182329-1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	202017
    Then there is the"House BOSS" 9Yr. Old Shih Tzu. He runs things. The other two "think" they do ,but this lil guys just let's them think that.

Boolit Buddy
    This is Logan. I had to return him to the breeder. Health issues (mine). Could not take care of him as his breed needed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

THANK YOU FOR THAT.

Ihad to put my "little girl" down last November and its still as "raw" a subject as if it was last week.

Just this AM going thru a old phone I was useless as I found a bunch of ol photos of her...
    Last edited by cwlongshot; 03-22-2021 at 02:00 PM.
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

After we lost both our Beagle girls, I was miserable without a Beagle. Stumbled across a local breeder who was retiring her oldest stud, and I basically got him for free. My boy Snoopy, sweetest dog I've ever met. 8y.o. and healthy as can be. He lived with those folks his whole life, but bonded with me like I was a long-lost friend.

Name:	20201205_031824.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	284566

Banned

We're mainly cat people but have had at least one dog most of the time. We have my sons dog here all the time now. I don't plan on getting another until fully retired so I can be around all the time. We've always loved Bassetts and have had three over the years, but next one will most likely be a mutt from a rescue.

Pic of the last one we had, Toto. Had to put him down about three years ago after almost 15 years with us and he was an adult when we got him, the little guys seem to live a lot longer.
    Attachment 284567

Boolit Master

Name:	IMG_1239.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	284568

Here's Rocky

Name:	IMG_1234.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	284569
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

The late, great, and very missed big Jake:

Name:	20210304_125317~2.jpg 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	284574

Name:	20210304_123029_HDR~2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	284575

A real individual - more of a partner in adventure than a dog that I owned!
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Yeah a few months ago my buddy Zeus took a piece of our hearts ....... but i have started a new Journey with my new hunting buddy Apache , and he's growing fast !!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_Screenshot_20210417-161644_Gallery(1).jpg 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	284635Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20210502_090431(1).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	284636Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20210508_140518.jpg 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	284637Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20210517_221257.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	284638 he is now 14 weeks and he is going to be a big boy !!!

Name:	Resized_20210606_110135.jpg 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	284639
    Last edited by FarNorth45; 06-17-2021 at 12:14 AM.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Can't get at my pics of Zeuss sadly, I really love a number of breeds of dogs - Zeuss was a Leonberger mix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonberger

Big smart 130# beast of a love dog, once I move if I find one, it just might lead me home.

Smart dogs do love to run the pack from the bottom, of course. Zeuss didn't have a mean bone in him, just a sense of humor, and as I love teasing my critters, I can take being teased back

I can love most dogs, if they're friendly. But we have a new neighbor that has a shrieking, screaming, psycho of a little dustmop dog that freaks out at EVERYTHING it sees, hears, smells or imagines. Damned thing has a really high-pitched and loud voice, and barks constantly. All over their backyard and out of every window it can reach. Really ruins our peace and quiet. Makes me wish a coyote would jump over the fence.....

Bleah, a killer yap. Pass. Part of why I like Leos, when you "release the hounds!", they ... amble ... through ... the ... yard... You can start to feel yourself relaxing, just watching them! I am OK with any dog, large or small, that's mellow and friendly, just neat Leos're not quite relaxed enough that I feel like I'll stroke out, or fall into a coma, but I love that mellow furkid thing IMO more large dogs are mellow more of the time as they aren't threatened by everything on the planet...

Neighbor had a small poodle that was mellow, she was great, until she got a bit old & forgetful and started falling into the canal regularly, I usually got elected to retrieve her and she'd tend to fall back in as I climbed out. 3-4 times of that in a row, is less fun than the first. Pro tip, get an extra rope and clip dog's collar onto a rope and keep it from falling in again LOL

On youtube there is a channel, "What about Bunny", lady is training her labradoodle to use buttons with recorded voice clips of words on it, amazing how smart our furry kids are. Lots of others participating in that experiment. And cats in another part of it, Billi being one of them. Bunny seems a very happy dog, human talks and they tail wag Bunny is learning time of day stuff lately (afternoon, evening, night, morning, soon, later, and so on.) Has buttons for her play buddies' names

And a dog rescue in the UK trained rescue dogs to drive adapted cars on a racetrack, they did very well I'm told. Some humans need to do better
    Last edited by Mr_Sheesh; 06-17-2021 at 07:00 AM.

My team-mate, the wife says he owns me. When we went to see the litter, this guy ran right up to me and chose me. I couldn't refuse, and I'm proud to be his human. We brought him home, I did an oil change on the truck and he sat there watching the entire process, didn't move. Very little training, he never had an ''accident'' in the house, doesn't wander off when he's outside, and comes by things easier than most children. He's a Border Collie and smarter than a lot of people.

Name:	uct59lEh.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	284645

Boolit Master

Dogs (and bacon) are proof that God loves us.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

What gets me is how some dogs can be trained to detect health problems in humans. Like blood sugar levels, cancers, blood pressure, etc. How can they DO that?

But, that said - I have a big toe that I had worked on for an ingrown nail, and our grandson's dog still comes right up to that toe, sniffs and licks it. After several months too.

They have one heck of a sense of smell...

And I can't prove it but it seems to me that they (Cats and dogs) are so empathic that they feel how we are feeling.

I've had a few surgeries and as soon as I got near the critters they would check out my new pain, trying to lick it or put their head on it etc. (dog) or lick it or snuggle or stand on it (cat). A fresh incision can be too sore to let a 9# cat stand on it, though. Or a dog's head rest on it.

They know where we are sore somehow, for certain.

The world is a better place with them around

We've got a houseful of dogs as my wife and DIL can't say no to a puppy. In the past 2 months, the DIL brought home a Scott terrier and a Pomeranian/Chihuahua mix. Their a lot of fun but aggravating too. Then on Friday, my son finds he has to move and he can't find anyone local that allows pets. So we now have Zoe, a 40 lb plus Beagle. She's a very well behaved dog and has room (and other mutts) to play with. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by XDROB View Post
    I have just started my new journey with my first dog.
    He is a Belgian Melinous
    Almost three months old.
    My wife and I are having s great time with him. Except the 3am outings to pee and the occasional mistake In the bouse.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Very beautiful dog makes me miss my half Belgian half German he was such a good dog

Name:	7C1B6258-22C8-4EC7-B348-1EE7C7C62112.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	284748
    At 9 weeks old

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast