Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For the Dog lovers

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

For the Dog lovers

For the Dog lovers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17630097_1510337309029278_7006249888570211860_n.jpg  
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Buddy
    I have just started my new journey with my first dog.
    He is a Belgian Melinous
    Almost three months old.
    My wife and I are having s great time with him. Except the 3am outings to pee and the occasional mistake In the bouse.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Wow, what a gorgeous dog!
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master
    Smokey, our big black wolf was about 1/4 Belgian Tervuren. Be sure and stay one step ahead of him, because both the Malinois and Tervurens are ridiculously smart. Both are great dogs.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

Belgians are very smart. You need to get him socialized with other dogs and people as soon as you can. I have had 3 of them. We lost Jewel's sister 2 months ago at 11 yrs old. Can't even think about getting another dog as long as we have Jewel because she will not tolerate another dog and never has from day 1. When Jewel is gone I will get another Belgian but hopefully not soon. I love them.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by xs11jack View Post
    Wow, what a gorgeous dog!
    Ole Jack
    Thank you.

Well said OP.

I have a little lab named blue waiting for me at the rainbow bridge.
    And this little fellow is my constant companion.

Attachment 201557

He is half Chihuahua and I think half Pom, he is a craigs list rescue. Young couple had a new baby and this pup and simply had no clue how to deal with him.

He has a few quirks, and the "salsa" is strong in him. But he is a good dog as long as he gets enough "run" time. It is when I get lazy about getting him out that we get problems cropping up. Little rascal knows his own mind and what he wants.

Still I can't complain. He is always either touching me or within reach. Attachment 201558

XDROB, I do like those ears too!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithaca Gunner View Post
    XDROB, I do like those ears too!
    Radar Ears.
    When he was about 12 weeks old they would touch each other when he was really concentrating on something. So cute.

Boolit Buddy
    So I had him secured to a ketchen chair so I could go do something quick. Got up , didn't know how to get down.

Boolit Buddy
    A Belgian Mal for your first dog??? Wow. Kind of like getting a full auto BAR for your first gun. Really great looking puppy though. Good luck

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich22 View Post
    A Belgian Mal for your first dog??? Wow. Kind of like getting a full auto BAR for your first gun. Really great looking puppy though. Good luck
    Haha, Ya, My wife and I talked with the breeder quite a bit before we pulled the trigger. We got the calmest of the 9 brothers and sisters. We visited 3 times. The last two our puppy (Logan) came right up to us and wanted to play. Third and last before we picked him up he came over and I got right on the ground with him, he rolled over on his back and wanted his belly rubbed. The breeder said we just got picked. And that he was very happy because he was the calmest of them all and was the one he would have picked for us.
    We are having a great time with him

Also the nickname "MALINGATOR " fits like a glove. He chews eveything.

Boolit Buddy
    My golden ret/ridgeback girl was like that for a bit. Wait until you come home to shoe parts spread across the living room.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich22 View Post
    My golden ret/ridgeback girl was like that for a bit. Wait until you come home to shoe parts spread across the living room.
    Yup, We had a three tier wire shoe rack near back door when we first brought him home at 9 weeks. Shoes on floor got removed immediately. Two weeks later first row got removed. One more week and whole rack got moved to bedroom. Wife thought that shoes we wanted near door to bring him out should go in corner cabinet near door. He watched her do it and then went over to the door and opened it and got his shoe. Cabinet is now empty. 🤣🤣

Boolit Master

I hope you were told about a couple of Belgian traits. He will eventually start snapping or popping his teeth at you when he wants attention. It's not an aggressive behavior in Mals but some folks have a hard time with it. He may want to "mouth" you at times. I E hold your arm or hand in his mouth, again this is a breed trait and may pop up. Two of my three have done this and they all pop their teeth when they want some scritchen'.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I hope you were told about a couple of Belgian traits. He will eventually start snapping or popping his teeth at you when he wants attention. It's not an aggressive behavior in Mals but some folks have a hard time with it. He may want to "mouth" you at times. I E hold your arm or hand in his mouth, again this is a breed trait and may pop up. Two of my three have done this and they all pop their teeth when they want some scritchen'.
    They make excellent Police dogs for a reason. They need to be trained properly. That is one beautiful dog!

Good reading
    http://www.petwave.com/Dogs/Breeds/B...rsonality.aspx
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Buddy
    He has not exhibited the teeth popping yet, But the mouthing most definitely. Not hard biting, just puting my arm or hand in his mouth. We have a very physical fetch and return game we play. I take a soft toy he likes and say ready,ready, Go. Throw it into the next room. He takes off like he just got shot out of a cannon. He brings it back growling and shaking his head as I grap it.. And we start over. I try to fake him out, by fake throwing. He might flinch Once but it not twice. Just stands there with his eye on the prize. I hit the floor for him to bring it back, which he does until he's tired of the game Just leaves the toy in the other room. So I just pick another, and start again.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    They make excellent Police dogs for a reason. They need to be trained properly. That is one beautiful dog!

Good reading
    http://www.petwave.com/Dogs/Breeds/B...rsonality.aspx
    Thanks, we are very happy we got him. I have had some serious talks with the breeder. And I trust the statement that he would not have sold us a dog if he thought we could not handle him. Told me he has turned down more people, because this starts a 10 year plus relationship and he wants it to be enjoyable on all sides. The dog, us , and him.

I did a lot of research on breeders and this guy has done and said all the right things I have read and heard an excellent breeder should do and say.

Boolit Master

Not at all questioning your choice but we have had at least one Mal in the house for the past 25 years, all females and a couple of them were a bit bitchy when it came to other dogs. I would like to get a male next time but not until Jewel goes. She is not dog friendly. Vet visits have to be carefully planned but she is fine with people. I'm being snapped at as I type this. My wife and I do still miss her sister Gem who we lost about two months ago.

Moderator Emeritus

Great post, DCP. I understand it better than I wish I did! Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast