Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2PBcastco
Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Repackbox
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: " $ $ Lube - Size on a Budget $ $"

I think Lee did make a .310 sizing die at one point. I have one, but for all I know somebody ordered it from them special or it was a group buy (when we used to use Lee). I've opened a few up, both with the sandpaper method outlined above or had them opened up with a lathe.

I think that the Lee (and Star, etc) is a superior way to size. However, probably 99% of my sized boolits get mashed thru a traditional sizer, for simplicities sake. For sizing/lubing truly concentric boolits, the method mentioned above is about perfect....just slow for high volume shooting.

Banned

ive seen lyman lube sizers on ebay for 50 bucks. But a used one and if you find out you don't like casting its pretty easy to get your 50 bucks back.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    ive seen lyman lube sizers on ebay for 50 bucks. But a used one and if you find out you don't like casting its pretty easy to get your 50 bucks back.
    I've seen them start at $50. Most end up selling for between $80 and $100. Been trying to pick one up for a couple of months.

Right now Midway has the RCBS for $143. Most of the USED ones on eBay are $150 and up. One guy is selling new ones for $229.
    Last edited by TexasGrunt; 02-21-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

I used to do the pan lube. I start with the pan full of bullets, Pour in melted lube to cover as much of te bullet as needed. Afte I cut the bullets out I would just set more bullets in the same holes. Then use a hair dryer to remelt the lube around the bullets. After a few sets of bullets I might have to add more lube. I just cut slivers of lube and dropped around bullets when melting the lube around the bullets.
    Now since I found how good LLA I don't pan lube any more.
    I often use my cast bullets a cast. The LLA is very easy to use. I plastic tub, pour in some bullets, add a few drops of lube shake around till all are coated. Don't use to much lube, just enough to tell there is some. Pour out on wax paper to dry.
    If I want to size I use Lee's push through dies. Opening up a too small Lee die isn't to hard just go slow. It's not hard to get too big.
    Leo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234