Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: SDB Die Storage

Boolit Buddy

SDB Die Storage

Does anyone have a good design for storing extra Dillon SDB conversion kits? It doesn't look as if the Dillon die storage stand will work for the SDB.

I took a block of wood(walnut) and put it on a drill press, bored 4 holes for the dies to go into.The whole unit sits on top of the block and is placed at the back of my loading bench. The block measures 2.7" highX 2.650" square and the holes are drilled just like the top of the press that the unit would screw into. It just sits there but makes a stable base. Sorry, I an't figgered out how to post pictures yet but I'm working on it.
    Experience is the source of all knowledge.

Boolit Grand Master

I leave the dies in the tool head, put the whole works in plastic sandwich bags with caliber and last boolit configuration written on them and place those in a cardboard box. Not exactly elegant, but it works for me.

Banned

dillon used to sell boxes that they fit in. ive got several. You might want to contact them and see if they still have some. they work pretty slick and have spots for everthing

Boolit Mold
    I bought a pack of the GLAD containers you see at the grocery. The square 3 cup size is right for storing the SDB conversion kit. They stack nicely and you can see into them. A sharpie for the label and yer all set.

http://www.glad.com/containers/
    Last edited by pstew; 08-02-2008 at 09:03 AM. Reason: add pic

[QUOTE=pstew;373757]I bought a pack of the GLAD containers you see at the grocery. The square 3 cup size is right for storing the SDB conversion kit. They stack nicely and you can see into them. A sharpie for the label and yer all set."

I do the same and write the necessary info about plates, pins, and powder drops on the end of the container. It helps to have the info on the container.
    Last edited by crabo; 10-11-2008 at 08:03 AM.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.