WidenersReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Concerning Education

Boolit Master

Concerning Education

A lot of this forums content is the kind of thing we thrashed over in college, which I graduated 55 years ago. After a career in data processing, I began doing substitute teaching in middle school (6-8) and high school 9-12). For 16 years now I have had a much more satisfying career with the young people. Educators shy away from religious discussion, and yet the kids have questions to ask.

" Mr H, how many genders are there? I read something on the net that says there are thousands."
    " All I can tell you is that I was born one gender, and about seventh grade I noticed there was another gender. I married someone of that gender, we had three children. It has been fine for 53 years so far."

" Mr H, do you believe in God? "
    " God or Nature, take your pick. Ask me if I believe in miracles. "

" Mr H, do you believe in miracles? "
    " Yes. Who would believe that two tiny bits of protoplasm, so small as to be almost invisible, could get together in warm dark places, and 15 years later I am sitting here looking at 18 of you? "
    "You will wantonly strike a hornet's nest which extends from mountains to ocean, and legions, now quiet, will swarm out and sting us to death. It is unnecessary; it puts us in the wrong; it is fatal." Robert Toombs, Democrat of Georgia, warning of the results of the imminent attack of the Confederacy upon Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, 1861

Moderator Emeritus

Charlie, that's a wonderful way to get around all the rules against "religion" in our schools! Really good teachers have been getting around it in various ways for many years. When I was growing up, we were read a daily devotional and said a prayer after the lunch money was collected, every day. Now that God has been taken "out of our schools," kids are still kids, and they'll always ask questions because they simply want to know things. And HOW one answers these questions makes a HUGE difference. One doesn't always have to "witness" to get one's point across. One has to speak with good humor to get kids to listen oftentimes, and they seem to think a lot more about the humor than they do about rote instruction. Ya' done good, bro'! REAL good!

Boolit Master
    I find it odd that some confused people, mostly miserable lofty libberuls in "higher edykation". They are now so stoopid about sex they don't know if they should stand or sit to pee from day to day. (And those two ARE the only options you know!)
    Last edited by 1hole; 05-14-2021 at 03:07 PM.