Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: "Mouse fart" loads in 7.62 x 39??

Boolit Grand Master

"Mouse fart" loads in 7.62 x 39??

Anyone have a favorite load? I have bolt guns to shoot these in, as well as an AR15 upper in that caliber. Shot some yesterday
    that I had loaded with .313" and a few with .315" copperized wash 115gr boolits that were more for the 32-20, over 2.7gr bullseye. Shot fairly well, but might be too much powder for such a smaller capacity case.

Was interesting to hear the hammer hit, a bit of noise and then the "clang" of the 50yds gong when hit

Boolit Grand Master

I use 2.7 gr BE under Hornady 90 gr SWC swaged .32 bullets or my own cast Lee TL314-90-SWCs. Shoots extremely well out of my Mini Mk X Mauser and Russian SKS.

Larry Gibson

I'm thinking about something similar for my SKS. I have some left over 32 ACP bullets for a gun I no longer have and want to more or less duplicate a 22LR. Hornady 60gr XTP and 71gr FMJRN. Any suggestions on powder and charge weight?
    Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God

Boolit Master

Lee dippers, .3 and .5 cc's of Red Dot is fun. So is .5 cc's of Unique. Lee 90 gr. SWCs.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

The Lee TL314-90-SWC that Larry mentioned is my go-to 30cal. plinker MF load bullet. Used mostly in my bolt action CZ and T/C Encore 7.62 X39 but also in my 30-30 Handi Rifle. With the small lube grooves and powder coating they're almost slick sided when swaged down to .309 or .310 for the Encore barrel even so they are very accurate over a few grains of Unique or TiteGroup. Gp

Boolit Master
    Thanks for this thread. Have some Bullseye and love light loads so about to give it a try.

gpidaho nailed it.

I have shot a fair bit of Red Dot in this caliber but in my Yugo SKS it won't cycle the action. I just turn the gas off and run it like a straight pull bolt.

I also have a single shot Handi rifle in this caliber and it does well up to 5 grains with a variety of bullets.

I have myself had very good luck in .30 caliber with that little .314 90 gr tc.
    It really does well in the old .30-30. Cycles well, and shoots same POA at 25 yards as hunting loads do at 100.

Just about any cast bullet and 3 to 5 grains of Red Dot is going to be fairly quiet, very moderate recoil and normally has very good accuracy once you find the right charge.

I have had so luck with so many calibers at the 4.6 grain node I tend to start there and run both ways.