MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: did you see this

Banned

did you see this

http://www.alliantpowder.com/safety/safetynotice.htm

Safety notice

Alliant Powder periodically reviews and tests their published reloading data to verify that our recommended recipes have not changed over time.

During the latest review Alliant Powder discovered that Alliant Powder's Blue DotŪ should not be used in the following applications:

Blue DotŪ should NOT be used in the 357 Magnum load using the 125 grain projectile (Blue DotŪ recipes with heavier bullet weights as specified in Alliant Powders Reloading Guide are acceptable for use).
    Blue DotŪ should NOT be used in the 41 Magnum cartridge (all bullet weights).
    Use of Blue DotŪ in the above cases may cause a high pressure situation that could cause property damage and serious personal injury.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause and appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

Banned

now first im going to say that aliant is full of crap. If it cant be used in a 41 mag then it cant be used in a 44 or 357 either. theres noting magical about the 41. This is just a lawyer type way of saying what ive said for years. Blue dot is junk! I quit using it 15 years ago. It is about the most unstable powder on the market for mag handgun loads. Its a powder that goes from appear mild to completly flattening primers and making you have to pound out cases by just increasing powder charges by a half a grain. it wont go in my guns again. As a matter of fact a neighbor just gave me a bunch of powder because he doesnt load handguns anymore and there was 4 lbs of it in a keg. Its now fertlizing my garden.