Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spicy Pickled Eggs

Boolit Master
    How long can these stay if refrigerated? Sounds kinda odd, but we’ve a second home at the beach and I’d be interested in making a batch before I leave and eating it on the next trip which could be 3 weeks or 6 months, once it was a year.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    How long can these stay if refrigerated? Sounds kinda odd, but we’ve a second home at the beach and I’d be interested in making a batch before I leave and eating it on the next trip which could be 3 weeks or 6 months, once it was a year.
    This is what the book says. https://thewholeportion.com/how-long...led-eggs-last/

I do know some bars that have them at room temp and they are on the shelf for a long time. They do get rubbery the older that get.

https://www.cooksinfo.com/pickled-eggs

The older the Pickled Eggs get, the more rubbery they become.
    Some people are very attentive to the storage and life span of pickled eggs, racing the jar back into the fridge seconds after they have extracted the egg they want; other people just keep them in a cool but unrefrigerated place for up to a year. In the UK, they are often left unrefrigerated.
    Commercially-bought ones usually give advice such as after opening, refrigerate and use within 1 month. Many homemade recipes advise to store in fridge and use up within two months. Some food scientists say that they can be canned and stored (unopened) unrefrigerated; they recommend using them within 6 months for best taste quality, and refrigerating after opening.
    If you store your Pickled Eggs in the fridge, it does prolong their shelf life.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks, I'm going to try this recipe!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    This is what the book says. https://thewholeportion.com/how-long...led-eggs-last/

I do know some bars that have them at room temp and they are on the shelf for a long time. They do get rubbery the older that get.

https://www.cooksinfo.com/pickled-eggs

The older the Pickled Eggs get, the more rubbery they become.
    Some people are very attentive to the storage and life span of pickled eggs, racing the jar back into the fridge seconds after they have extracted the egg they want; other people just keep them in a cool but unrefrigerated place for up to a year. In the UK, they are often left unrefrigerated.
    Commercially-bought ones usually give advice such as after opening, refrigerate and use within 1 month. Many homemade recipes advise to store in fridge and use up within two months. Some food scientists say that they can be canned and stored (unopened) unrefrigerated; they recommend using them within 6 months for best taste quality, and refrigerating after opening.
    If you store your Pickled Eggs in the fridge, it does prolong their shelf life.
    Thanks, I’m gonna give it a try and if we’re away for more than 6 months I guess I’ll toss them.

Boolit Master

Our Fridge died 3 weeks ago. Found 2 QT jars of Kielbasa and eggs son made a year ago, pickled and hot. We ate them boy they were good. Farts were also very enjoyable. (wife not happy)

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ichthyo View Post
    Gotta try it!
    Pickled Egg Beer Farts are pretty Rank ... I ripped one off and our old hound dog , who loved to roll around in manure and come home stinking to high heaven , gave me a dirty look , got up and left the room !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123