RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Theology forum

Boolit Master

"Hear...." the Shema. The Rabbi often taught from His own book!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    UKShootist....Your question has bothered many people and not just you. The traditional fundamentalist answer is well that is just too bad, off to hell you go. Other folks try and find an answer with more grace that law.

There are many universalists who say, everybody is going to heaven and that is that. God is to graceful to hold anybody eternally accountable.

Then, there are the folks who tend to see it more like you. Once a fellow has the opportunity to say yes to Jesus, seeing all of His full glory, nobody is going to say no. This is not pure universalism, as it preserves human choice, albeit after death.

There is one piece of the Apostle's Creed that says Jesus descended into hell (i.e. the place of the dead) for three days. Some folks understand that He preached to the dead folks. Here is a link to a pretty good article on that subject. It is a 2,000 article from Christianity Today a conservative publication.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/...ry7/31.74.html

Me? I don't spend to much time trying to figure all of this out, for it isn't my business. It is God's business and we know him through Jesus to be loving and graceful. We can count on God to do the right thing, in these matters that seem so murky to humans. Whatever God does will be far and away better than any of my thinking on this riddle.
    And if a day is as a thousand years then when you get to the three thousand year mark...
    Is it game over? Not saying it is, just thinking out loud. Pondering the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    And if a day is as a thousand years then when you get to the three thousand year mark...
    Is it game over? Not saying it is, just thinking out loud. Pondering the situation.
    It will be over, when God says it is over. Jesus said that not even he knows which day that is. Every generation of the church has lived with that uncertainty so best not plan for the day. Best to be paid up, prayed up and keep your spiritual bags back and siting by your front door, for you will never know when the knock will come.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    It will be over, when God says it is over. Jesus said that not even he knows which day that is. Every generation of the church has lived with that uncertainty so best not plan for the day. Best to be paid up, prayed up and keep your spiritual bags back and siting by your front door, for you will never know when the knock will come.

There is no "date setting" involved in reflecting upon His repetitious references in scripture to three days.
    And, I think there is a teaching there for one who studies and wishes to understand.

USMC 77, USRA 79

There are many events that lead up to the last days. The answers are found within the living word of God. We will know by the change of the seasons. The more you study, the more the answers appear and the more you learn to recognize His will. To most, it will come as a thief in the night, and many will be out buying lamp oil and will miss the wedding, because they will fail to see the signs. When they return with their oil, the door will be closed. So watch the sky, always keep your lamp filled. All the answers live in the personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ, and the study of His living word. My lamp is full, and near the door.

Boolit Grand Master

Already in the door, rather. Romans 8:29 is in the past tense. It's already done.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123