Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: Bowling Pins at Central Lake MI

Boolit Master

Bowling Pins at Central Lake MI

I was there and had a great time. Did anybody else shoot the Evil Pins?

Formerly the Second Chance pin shoot, now put on by R C Davis and Armor Express.
    Last edited by Plate plinker; 06-19-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quite a drive from Indiana. Was it a handgun shoot?

Boolit Master

handguns and shotgun and rifle on steel.

only 4 hours from my place straight up 131.

In Remembrance

We have a pin shoot at our club in Lapeer every now and then, definatley makes you doubt your sanity on pin hits!Robert

Boolit Master
    My club (OCSC) does a pin top shoot with 22s that's a lot of fun. Five sawn off pin tops are placed at two different heights on a table.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture1.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	198043

Boolit Man
    I used to shoot up at Davis's place for almost 20 years. The most legal fun one could have while remaining fully dressed! It used to be a FBI match (Free Beer Included). Budweiser trailer would open up after the range closed. Great camaraderie, friendships made up there have lasted me my whole life.

Boolit Buddy
    I have to find out how to get emails about these things, looks like a good time

Boolit Man
    try going to pinshoot.com if you are interested in the pin match up at Central Lake. They post rules, some photos and results too.
    felipe

Boolit Master

Bump for more interest.

Boolit Buddy
    I remember the free beer and free beef. Great time to be had by all. Ooooh and the lovely pin setter ladies in the short shorts.

Boolit Master

Bump for new shooters.

I attended for 17 years making LGMB in 89 and then MB in 91. Got 3rd in the Winchester shoot off that year. I was and still am a revolver shooter and used a 230 gr wadcutter in 38 SPL cases on top of 7 gr of Blue Dot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pin Load.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	239073

Boolit Man
    The Pin Shoot this year runs from 7 June-14 June. You don't have to stay for the whole thing. If you sign up to shoot 1 main event (there are 4 mains, Stock, Pin, Space, and Concealed Carry) $150 each, you can camp for free on the Davis property. No hookups or dumping station but he usually supplies shot up pins for your evening bonfire, not for cooking over. The entry fee also includes a light breakfast, and your lunch each day. Plus he has ice tea, lemonade and cookies and popcorn available all day every day for free. there are side matches if you want to shoot some more, you must shoot your main(s) before any side matches. When I lived in northern Indiana I sometimes drove up and shot hard the first weekend, went home for a couple days then came back up to the match for more shooting and the awards ceremony which is held Friday late afternoon. It is a blast!!!!!

Boolit Master

Bump for new shooter recruitment.

Boolit Master

2021 shoot set for June 12-18. Great fun! Great people

I shot it just one year and enjoyed the heck out of it. It was in the early 80s. I'd do it again.

I think it was the first year that anyone could participate, before that it was only LEOs and I went with 2 other LEOs. It was a long haul from Maine but we also shot matches in PA and IL on the way to Second Chance. There were much less pleasant ways to spend a week of vacation time. Someone mentioned that it's the most fun that one can have with clothes on... yup. But I say that of any competitive shooting, even the local matches.

Oh, that one time that I went to SC? I wasn't really competitive I placed 306th out of I don't know how many shooters, but I still won something. I placed 306th and won a 1917 Enfield chambered in .30/06.

The side matches are also fun and so are the vendors who show up. It was where I shot the finest semi-auto handgun I've ever shot, a P210.
    Last edited by BJK; 12-13-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Boolit Man
    For those who might be interested, the 2021 Pin Shoot is set for June 14-18. They made it a little shorter thinking some folks might still be restricted on travel and then there's the ammo situation. I think the Pinshoot.com website says there is a price break if you sign up before April 15. Great way to use that Covid check, have fun and stimulate a local economy!

Boolit Man
    Well the Pin Shoot '21 is in the books and the website has been updated. There is a well done short feature "film" about the shoot imbedded into the updated website. Plus there is lots of info on the site about this particular match. remember if you sign up then that gets you a "Main" event and coffee, snacks, lunch, a place to camp or park your RV, Oh and a Pin Party with live music too! the web site is : https://www.pinshoot.com
    On my computer if you just type pinshoot.com in the address bar it will do the rest and take you right to the site.

Boolit Master

Ramguy and I were at the pinshoot again. We made the walk to the prize tables too. Check it out at pinshoot.com

Boolit Master

bump for more interest. There is now a PCC event for those who desire that. Had a friend go last year and won the PCC optional event, it was his first time at pinshoot, anything is possible!
    Last edited by Plate plinker; 03-04-2024 at 12:44 AM.