Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: If you could have only one knife, which would it be?

Thanks for the replies. It's been interesting to hear everyone's responses. Yep, axes aren't knives. I have an estwing sportsman axe (hatchet) that I'm fond of.

Boolit Master

If it was " Pick your last and only knife you would ever own ", I would take my Master Hunter Cold Steel.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

The knife i got when the friend that got me into guns and shooting passed away. His wife gave it to me about a month after the funeral.

She gave me two, his daily carry and his sunday carry. When i got them i suddenly remembered conversations where knifes were brought up that i had not previously put much importance on. Funny how memories can be triggered like that.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Boolit Man
    Grand Forks, ND, USA, NA, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth, Milky Way
    A little over four years agi I said my Benchmade Contego…Its still one of my EDC blades. But tonite if I had to pick just one knife to do everything, Id grab my Becker BK-16. Its just the right size fixed blade to do everything I need done.

Boolit Grand Master

Mora. Tough and you can sharpen it on a rock if you have to
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    Alaskan Boot knife Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37586820-5C4A-4920-A382-114E04E9FC83.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	294133
    The Soldier that Volunteers, fighting for his Country and his rights,
    makes the most reliable Soldier on Earth.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    A leatherman.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    Everyones seen the "if you could have only one gun" question. Well I pose the question, If you could have only one knife, which one would it be?

I love my knives, and this may change, but I think the buck 192 vanguard would be my choice.

~Bazoo
    Cold Steel San Mai III folding tanto. Loved that knife. Loaned it to a friend at work, just before he retired, an six months later he was dead of cancer. Miss him, miss the knife. And each reminds me of the other.

Bill

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    A leatherman.
    I was going to ask if it was blasphemous to pick this. I have a small Leatherman on my keys and a big one in my backpack. They don't have the best knives, but they are good enough knives, and the other tools they bring with them are a huge value-add. Honestly I use the scissors and pliers as much as the knife blade.

If the Leatherman isn't allowed, it would have to be some kind of medium-sized locking folder made of good steel, bonus points for a straight cutting edge. There are lots of ways to make a good knife, so I usually don't agonize over the details too much.
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.

I don’t consider leatherman tools really a knife. The same as I don’t consider a Swiss Army knife a screwdriver. I think the premise is one knife and you keep the leatherman tool too.

Having many knives, I seldom use but one. The little Case Peanut! Sharpens easily and cuts great. It gets used daily around the farm from cutting twine, hoses, gaskets and just about anything a small knife will do..Also use the Benchmade mini Griptilian quite often...

Peanut is a handy little item. I had one before my house burnt. It was a yellow handle CV blade, so nothing fancy. It has a bit of a story though so I hated to lose it.

Boolit Master
    green river bushmans friend....or what I made on forge n blades workshop recently.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	job done.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	302519

Boolit Man
    Grand Forks, ND, USA, NA, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth, Milky Way
    Currently, it would have to be my Becker BK-16...It's the closest I've found to the "one knife option" for me.

Boolit Master
    I field dressed my first deer with a Swiss Army knife and that helped me understand that you could do plenty with a small easy to carry knife. I carry a razor sharp Civivi Baklash flipper nearly every day. Blade is just under 4" so it has some reach. This can cut up an apple or some summer sausage, open packages but would also be able to serve a self defense role. Nice allrounder. I have some fixed blades that I would carry in the woods.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master
    Mine would be my Rhuana, can’t remember the model number. It’s one of the original hand made knives from when Rudy was still alive. I haven’t hunted in close to 30 years but it’s field dressed well over two dozen deer including opening the chest and splitting the pelvis and it still shaves hair off my arm. I’ve yet to have to sharpen it.

I don't know why I didn't post pictures of the knife I originally picked! The Buck 192 Vanguard

Here's another nice little Buck, the model 684, It'd be a dandy one if you could have only one as well.

I do find myself carrying the Buck 110 a lot though. I prefer a fixed blade for skinning/gutting, but I've used the 110 on a deer and it performed well.

BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

A kukri of course. But it is actually two knifes, and a sharpener.

Boolit Master
    if I could afford it I would have a bob loveless knife, but what I put in my pocket every day is a boker Kalashnikov automatic with 4" blade. ive found it to be a great all around knife for getting cutting done when it is needed to do whatever from whittling wood to cutting fishing line or gas hose or even scraping a gasket off. it sharp enough to shave with and holds that edge great. and a case trapper is always not too far away

If I could have only one knife it would be a usa made Schrade muskrat pattern pocket knife. Will do anything a knife is supposed to be used for…. Cutting stuff. Not a pry bar. If it had to be a fixed blade knife it would be a Carbon steel Russell kitchen knife. And yes I have fine custom knives but the question was if I could only have one.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast