RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9 puppies last night!

Perma-Banned

The only thing funner than baby puppies is baby goats!!!!

Boolit Master

It might be a tie, we raised several goats back on the day, they are funny, the pups might have more personality than the kid goats.

Banned

weve got a chocolate that just turned 6 months. Hes a bundle of energy and a lot more work then our last lab was. This one is more affectionate like yours and more energetic like yours. The old one was a bit more mellow and maybe a bit smarter. He never even needed to be house trained and never even did his business in the yard. this one is house broke now but was a challenge to get there and still does his business about 20 feet from the front door. He loves people but is nervous and barks until they get right next to him. About the only time the old one barked is when he wanted in the house. Buddy was just talking to me yesterday and made a good point. A guy shouldn't compare a new pup to another dog you had. There all different and that's part of the fun of having one. I know this one and I are about inseparable already. have to agree with some others here. theres NOTHING like a lab!
    Quote Originally Posted by 375supermag View Post
    Hi...

I have been blessed with a bunch of great dogs in my life from beagles to Dobermans to Alaskan Malamute to Labs and just plain mutts.
    The fastest dog I have ever had is our current Yellow Lab Thor...this pup will soon be two years old and he can flat out fly over the ground. He weighs about 125lbs and is an irrepressible bundle of energy. Strange...his litter mate a Black Lab Loki while energetic is considerably lighter (about 90lbs) and cannot run with his larger brother.

The Yellow Lab is also the most affectionate and demanding of attention dog I have ever had as well. He believes that everybody is his friend and he will force you to pay attention to him no matter what. It doesn't help that he has the saddest eyes that I have ever seen on a dog when he wants something or attention. He knows how to look sad, lonely and pathetic all at the same time...which is quite a trick because he usually struts around with a big happy dog grin on his face.

The Black Lab is almost completely the opposite. Still very affectionate but very laid back unless it is play time. Spends most of his time curled up in the big oversized living room chair that he claimed. It allows him to sit above the carnage that his littermate wreaks on an hourly basis as he contemplates whatever it is that dogs contemplate.

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Had a little excitement here at the estate today involving the Labs.
    They sort of got into a mini-war with a ground hog down along the wood line.
    The black Lab yelped and ran and hid, but the big yellow one did a real number on the ground hog. Shook him and crippled him pretty badly.
    Wasn't interested in finishing him off, so I terminated the argument with a load of No.6 shot out of one of my 12ga shotguns.

I was surprised the black Lab ran off and hid... I had to coax him out of the woods. The yellow one acted like it was no big deal and just walked away. The toughest fight they were ever in before was chasing bees and butterflies...so this was a big step up in weight class.

Just another day here where nothing ever happens.