Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to Ship Ammunition Via UPS - Yes It Can Be Done - Follow The UPS Rules

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrog View Post
    The black and white diamond marking and a UPS customer service center (not a satellite service center) should work. I have done without issue. Note that UPS stores are not necessarily customer service centers.
    Yup, did that 9 times already, no problem. So far. All good things will end eventually, however.

2. 09-05-2021, 04:41 PM

Yup why he said

Slap on the new ORMD diamond sticker and ship from a UPS hub.its ok per their policy.

Boolit Master
    does anyone know if these new labels can be ordered online or do I need to get a printer

Boolit Buddy
    Greetings,

Check with UPS/FEDEX; but, I believe these are what you seek...

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail...-2-1-4-x-2-1-4

In the past, I have downloaded the image and printed out what I needed.

Again, check with UPS to be sure of the label position. I recall it has to be on at least two sides of the box. Also, Ground Shipping only.

Cheers,

Dave

6. 04-22-2022, 10:37 PM

Boolit Buddy
    Just tried to ship a box of shotgun test loads from Aberdeen, SD to Mitchell, SD via UPS and they stated "we don't ship ammo", because it had the small-quantity ammo image graphic on the side of the box. My wife stated "That's a UPS form, so of course you do" and they still refused. She drove over to FEDEX and they shipped the box without a comment. How in the world we ever got to the point that folks could refuse to do their job despite the rules stating otherwise, is beyond hope with me.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

8. 05-20-2022, 07:13 PM

Boolit Bub
    In NH you can only ship "dangerous goods" like that from the UPS or FedEx distribution center near the airport. One shipping site for the state doesn't make sense. The person working the desk at the dist. center told me I couldn't ship it the first three or four times I shipped from there until I had them call to verify. The rules are complicated but I would think they should know the rules instead of assuming and turning away business.

Boolit Bub
    Have shipped ammo in the past but ups recently announced they would no longer ship gun parts. So will they still ship ammo from a distribution center? Anyone here have first hand report of shipping ammo via ups recently?

Quote Originally Posted by ridenclimb View Post
    Have shipped ammo in the past but ups recently announced they would no longer ship gun parts. So will they still ship ammo from a distribution center? Anyone here have first hand report of shipping ammo via ups recently?
    Yes, I've shipped ammo within the last week,and will do so again today. Their new policy pertains to firearms, not ammunition. It specifically sates that firearms may be shipped via a scheduled pickup, or a dropped off with a prepaid label. That is, you can print out a label at home, slap it on the box, and take the gun to your local UPS Customer Service Center. That's straight from the horses mouth; the clerk at my local hub showed me the pop-up on his computer screen. The intention seems to be, that employees no longer be given any chance to learn of the package's contents. For what it is worth, all the folks at my local hub have made it clear that they are quite unconcerned with what I ship.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion8 View Post
    .......How in the world we ever got to the point that folks could refuse to do their job despite the rules stating otherwise, is beyond hope with me.
    It has always been this way. It is going to get worse. Employees don't have to do anything they don't want to do, and managers can't replace them if they fire them.
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Bub
    I haven’t shipped ammo in over a year, but even prepackaged and shipping label printed at home, I was asked what was in the box and had to show my drivers license when I dropped it off.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by HumptyDumpty View Post
    Yes, I've shipped ammo within the last week,and will do so again today. Their new policy pertains to firearms, not ammunition. It specifically sates that firearms may be shipped via a scheduled pickup, or a dropped off with a prepaid label. That is, you can print out a label at home, slap it on the box, and take the gun to your local UPS Customer Service Center. That's straight from the horses mouth; the clerk at my local hub showed me the pop-up on his computer screen. The intention seems to be, that employees no longer be given any chance to learn of the package's contents. For what it is worth, all the folks at my local hub have made it clear that they are quite unconcerned with what I ship.
    I tried printing out a label a few months ago for shipping a rifle. Refused to issue the pre-paid label so had to go to CS center. They had to print out the label for me. Said can't do it on line. I guess it's all a moot point now as they will only accept shipments from FFL to FFL.

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/09/ups...ping-firearms/

My local UPS store will ship ammo. I used a blazer 9mm ammo box that originally held 500 rounds and had the correct labels on it to ship. I am in So. Indiana.

Boolit Master

I got a surprise when I tried to ship a Garand to my son in Washington. FedEx has always been very accommodating in the past and cheaper than UPS, so I used them. Not to mention that the Fed Ex shipping terminal is just about 2 1/2 miles from my home. Walked into the Shiping counter and the guy asked "what's in the box". I answered my usual "rifle". He looked at the box and said, "I can't ship it without you printing the shipping label". He said that FedEx had changed their policy on shipping firearms and he was no longer allowed to print the labels, the customer has to do that. I asked "how do I do that?" and he said "buy the scales and printer and sign onto a customer service with FexEx". I walked out and took the rifle to USPS and mailed it. Very easy and no hastle. But the downside was that with shipping charge by weight, extra for the longer length of the box, and $2000.00 insurance, it cost me a little over $100.00 to mail it. The last rifle I mailed about 2 years ago cost me a grand total of $40.00 and that was with $1000.00 worth of insurance. I understand that UPS has started the same policy as FedEx. It looks like the liberals are taking over the shipping industry as well as everything else. Just another way of throwing roadblocks in the path of firearm owners. james

Boolit Mold
    So, what's the latest on shipping ammo? I know that you can't send it through USPS. Not sure with the latest changes about UPS or Fedex for ammo, though.

I used to ship ammo through UPS. Now I ship car parts. Just sayin’.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Man
    now they tell me thay will not ship anything gun related period. I tried to ship a rifle stock from a hub and it was no go. New policy!!!

A few years ago I bought some .300BO from a member on another forum, they arrived in a USPS medium flat rate box! When I told the seller that ammo thru the PO was a no-no, his reply was if it fits it ships!
    I think the last time I shipped ammo was last year, I have a UPS account and print the label at home, I just fill out the form and say small arms ammo where asked what the contents are.
    I think they stopped the ORM-D label some time back, now only a diagonal black diamond on the box.
    I ship out of a UPS store as a CS center is about 55 miles away.
    Last edited by hk940; 09-12-2023 at 01:43 PM. Reason: More info

So my local UPS store said they can’t ship ammo but an actual UPS sort/hub can. So that’s were I went. They gave me grief before went I didn’t have it pre printed but this time it went smooth and my name is in the system now.

My local UPS store is not a hub but I have shipped ammo from there many times, I think about a year ago they stopped using the ORM-D label and started using the black square set on a diagonal.

ups rates

I am working part time for a Gun dealer/restoration service. A few weeks ago two sisters came in with a lot of high grade Brownings. On one of the shipping boxes for a shotgun had a UPS postage label on it for $3.99 (dated 1984).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123