Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beyond Ultimate Cannelure Machine

Boolit Grand Master

Did you try it w/ all hand cranked machines? I'm asking because if you didn't then you made a false statement. As I said you mentioned a product by name that you didn't use. What your post should say is that you have a job that can't be performed by the CH4D tool.

I know I'd be mad if I was selling a product and it was being talked about in a poor light for no reason. You can't compare the CH4D tool to the UCT because they are in different leagues. Just as the UCT and the powered one are in different leagues. It bears repeating that you mentioned a product by name that you didn't use to perform the job. This is what the issue is. If you had, and it failed, it wouldn't be an issue.

I will make you an offer. I will buy some of those bullets off of you and pay shipping to me. Sell them to me at a profit. I have no need for them since I don't own a 50cal anything. I will make a video of attempting to cannelure them w/ the UCT. If it doesn't work then we know for a fact. I have no association w/ Chuckbuster other than being an owner of his tool. I'd hate to see the name a product I made disparaged for no reason.

Boolit Buddy

I appreciate your offer, but since Chuckbuster is the alleged aggrieved party, and the manufacturer, I'll look for his video debunking my statement. I guess someone will always look for an insult when it's specifically pointed out it's not. If he never posts one, then we will know that he either can't be bother to defend the honor of his sacred enterprise, or it can't perform as I indicated.
    Zbench

Boolit Master
    I'm with Chuckbuster on this one.

Boolit Buddy
    Zbench,
    Dragon813qt was responding to YOUR offer when you said:

"Chuckbuster please post the UCT in action on Hornady bullet 50101 or
    anyone else please."

You put out the challenge to Chuckbuster or "anyone else. " Dragon813qt accepted your challenge and now you are reneging. Pony up a couple bullets and lets see what happens.

FACT 1 - The Corbin machine is a fine tool for high volume work as others havesaid, and an automated machine is always easier than a manual one (although you pay an extra $500 or more for being too lazy to turn a handle.) I have never seen one operate (except yourvideo which I appreciate you posting BTW), but knowing the quality of DaveCorbin’s work in general, I assume it produces a professional quality,repeatable cannelure, and I know the UCT does.

FACT 2 - The CH4 tool is at the low end of cannelure tools and is not in thesame league as the UCT or Corbin's tool as far as ease of use or quality of work. You ASSUMING the CH4 and the UCT were the same because they are bothhand cranked is like assuming a Porsche and a Volkswagen are the same becausethey both have steering wheels.

FACT 3 - You said “ …
    I had a job that couldn't be done with a hand crankeddevice.” The fact of the business isthat the UCT will EASILY cannelure that Hornady bullet and a video has alreadybeen posted showing the UCT EASILY canneluring a much tougher bullet, theWinchester Platinum, which is not soft copper like the Hornady bullet youmention, but much tougher guilding metal. All of this has already been posted here for you to see and read. Although I cannot be sure withoutsectioning both bullets, I believe the Winchester Platinum bullet actually hasa thicker jacket while also being tougher material than the Hornady. In point of fact other posters in this threadhave already proven your claims vis-à-vis "hand cranked devices" to be absolutely and utterlyfalse as it pertains to the UCT.

I don't work for Chuckbuster and I am not a shill for him, but I do own one of his fine machines and KNOW what it will do.

You have a fine machine made by Corbin that will probably outlast us all, but if all you boughtit for was to cannelure Hornady bullets for personal use, you threw away about$500 because the UCT will do just as good a job on said bullet. Hey, it is your money and I respect yourright to spend it any way you like, but you won’t get much sympathy around here makingfalse claims and issuing challenges you won’t back up when you get called onthem.

Zbench, your challenge has been called. Send Dragon318qt a couple of your Hornady bullets. If for any reason Dragon813qt can't follow through, send me a couple of you "impossible to cannelure with a hand crank" bullets so we make sure we have the same bullet you are talking about, and I will make a video hand cranking a beautiful, professional quality cannelure on it for you. Then in the same video I will hand crank a beautiful professional quality cannelure on some Winchester Platinums I have. Then I will take some high resolution photographs of the quality of the cannelures made by the UCT, ready to be compared to any high resolution photos you are willing to post of the quality of work your machine produces. Then I will section a Hornady bullet and a Winchester bullet and take some more high resolution photographs so everyone here can see the FACTS. To quote an old movie, you saddled the bronc, now lets see if you can ride it.

VERY sincerely,

Rolltide

Boolit Buddy

Rolltide,

The only thing I'll respond to is throwing away $500. I own and operate a commercial shooting range, and we rent the 50 AE and go through a lot of 50 AE ammo. Having a type 7 license, we reload quite a bit for our customers. So, not someone just goofing around in our basement, we have a real commercial use for the machine, and I'm very pleased with the purchase and the result.

In the hopes of ending this made up controversy, let me say that the UCT is the undisputed KING of HAND Cranked Devices and all others are feeble and inadequate in its sight. If you want a hand cranked cannelure machine, you should seek serious medical help if you even consider another brand.

Chuckbuster, please remit at your earliest convenience 10% of sales profit made from this. I will start another fake controversy this summer to once again increase your sales.

Happy Canneluring.
    Zbench

Boolit Buddy
    Since you have a commercial business and a high volume of work, it sounds like you made a good purchase and it is working out well.

In Texas they have an old saying, "Some cowboys are always saddling up, but they never ride."

Have a good day "cowboy".

Boolit Buddy

Seems insults both public and private rule the day here lately. Appreciate the well wishes! As you can see from the video I published I ride just fine.

Happy Trails!
    Zbench