RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: Shot Show 2017

In Remembrance

Shot Show 2017

Saw this in my Dillion Blue press mag that just came. WWW.americantactical.us has a semi auto 9mm copy of the MP40 `Schmeisser` for $540.00, comes with a 30 rnd mag. WWW.hmgunworks.com is making a copy of the German Sturmgewehr 44 in 8 mm Kurz, 5.56, 7.62x39 or 300 BLK for $1800.00. Now if I only had some `pocket change` I might one of each!Robert

Boolit Buddy
    Any one ever have experience with these outfits? If they are well made those are pretty good prices.

Boolit Grand Master

Shot Show 2017

GSG makes a good product. I have their 1911 and it's run like clockwork over a couple thousand rounds. Unfortunately you can't find the MP-40 at that price. Maybe after some time has passed. But the few I could find for sale were all over $1,000.

Boolit Master
    HMG, Hill & Mac Gunworks is a good bunch of guy's, they are really putting in the effort in all directions to get their new production StG44 out to the public soon as possible and for a reasonable price but not in compromise of quality and reliability. I've been following this project for some time. They really had a serious uphill battle in reproduction of that gun. Highly recommended anyone interested in the StG 44 to check out the coverage from InRangeTV on the HMG gun. Really good, really interesting stuff and a lot more to it than meets the eye.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

The company website on the MP-40 says the price is $650 and the frame is made of Zamac and polymer. They recommend loading only 28 rounds into the 30 round mag for best reliability. Original MP-40 parts, including magazines, do not fit.

Really, Zamac for $650? Shouldn't an OEM 30 round factory mag actually function properly with 30 rounds?

The other company has a novel approach if you order from a state they don't ship to. They will charge you a 5% "restocking" fee for an item they never shipped in the first place.

Call me pessimistic, but that doesn't sound like a practice of a company I would wish to do business with.
    Last edited by Speedo66; 03-10-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Company's website can list whatever price they want. Reality is that you have to spend a lot more if you want to buy one right now. Their 1911 is made of Zamac. But you're only dealing w/ 22lr. And the finish on it wears very quickly. I'd hope it's a better quality on the MP-40.