MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dang you people...... Cleaning off 45/45/10 to PC them now

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Motor View Post
    Alan. A lot of guys including myself size all our 9mms .358" Most 9mms have lots of room in the chamber and will easily accept ammo loaded with .358" boolits.

Even before I changed to PC (I used A-Lox) the .358s worked great in every gun they would pass the "plunk test" in. For me that was every one I have loaded for.

I've heard that CZ's are tighter and may not like larger boolits. But other than that I haven't heard any other complaints. Another plus to sizing .358" is you can load the same boolits in your 38/357 if you want.

Motor
    Thanks Motor. I just received my new .357 sizing die....if this doesnt work, I will up to a .358 mould.

Boolit Buddy
    I run an H&K P90L in 9mm and one in 40S&W. I couldn't get a good reading on a slug so I started small and worked up. The 9 prefers 358 boolits. I have no problem with a PCed boolit sized to 358. One point to watch is when seating the boolit, is it being squished small by the case. I use a NOE expander on the cases. The factory expander did not go deep enough into the case. Take an empty case w/o primer or powder. Seat the boolit then pull it and measure the diameter. It should be the same as before it went into the case. I run an alloy about 10BHN without any problem. Some guys use a harder alloy and don't fuss with getting the case right.

Ed C

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    I swish em around in some gasoline and then when dry, swish em around in some acetone to get the gas residue off. They PC just fine then.
    Probably not the safest, most environmentally-friendly way, but it's what I do.
    What could possibly go wrong, right? LOL
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Well, I don't have a garage, so it is done out in the spacious back yard, so I guess I might could slosh some gas or acetone on my shoes. But that's about it. No fume or fire hazard.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bycroft View Post
    Thanks Motor. I just received my new .357 sizing die....if this doesnt work, I will up to a .358 mould.
    I'm lucky. My mould drops them .358" It seems the last 3 or 4 Lee moulds I got drop small though. I had to beagle my 440gr .501"

Boolit Bub
    Well, here are pics of my escapades... LOL

First is a 5.3 US gal pail showing the lee 158gr tl boolits I cleaned off (yeh, a little over half full). I started with a good washing of gasoline, repeated it then did a good soak of acetone (about 5 mins). Its amazing how much the acetone pulled off them still. Also I noticed the acetone 'settles' out the lube as a layer on the bottom of the pan I used (thrift store pan). I then used new acetone for a second wash and they are perfect. I tried coating about 20 as an experiment and they are nice.

Second pic is of some Princess Auto red (in Canada we have Princess Auto which is our Harbour Freight - exact same container for the red paint). Sized some to .356 (they are the lee 120gr TC) and shoot awesome.

Thanks again everyone for your information...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pail.jpg   RED.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12