Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersSnyders Jerky
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: just another kind of ingot mould

Boolit Bub

just another kind of ingot mould

For a real cheapo ingot mould one can use the small angle iron used for bed frames. There seems to be an endless supply on the curb on trashday. They can be either welded together upside down to form "w"s, or "v"s can be cut in a 2X4 to suport the angle. Use the cut out v's to block the ends.
    Pros and cons, This will make some pretty long ingots which can be cut with an axe when needed. This adds another step. Good thing is they can be stacked vertically which saves space. Imagine all the possibilities, NJMJ

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar

I saw someone post this a year or so ago, great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by njmj
    For a real cheapo ingot mould one can use the small angle iron used for bed frames. There seems to be an endless supply on the curb on trashday. They can be either welded together upside down to form "w"s, or "v"s can be cut in a 2X4 to suport the angle. Use the cut out v's to block the ends.
    Pros and cons, This will make some pretty long ingots which can be cut with an axe when needed. This adds another step. Good thing is they can be stacked vertically which saves space. Imagine all the possibilities, NJMJ
    I have been meaning to do this. Every time I see one of these old beds, I'm in a car from work or rushing off somewhere.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master

I saw a picture a few years ago of an ingot mould that someone had made by welding 4 or 5 sections of angle together side by side and flat steel on the ends. If you wanted heavier ingots you just use bigger angle iron.
    Chuck

Boolit Master