MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Prayers for my Grandmother

Prayers for my Grandmother

Yesterday when I got home from work, I received a call from my 87 year old Grandmother. She had driven to the bank and become ill. She asked if I could pick her up because she was too dizzy to drive.

My wife and I drove to town to pick her up and bring her car back to her house. She was very sick vomiting in the parking lot. I helped her into the back seat and got her home.

She was so dizzy that when we got her home she was unable to walk even with my aid. I carried her into her house and got her set up on the couch. After arguments about going to the hospital and vomiting and dizziness for a couple of hours we finally called an ambulance.

As of this morning the prognosis is that she had a small stroke and it has affected her balance and coordination on her left side.

She is worried about my grandfather (he's 94) being fed and looked after. We assured her that this will not be a problem as the members of the family will tend to him.

Please pray for her quick recovery and comfort for her. It sounds like she will be in a nursing rehab facility for a couple of weeks.

This is the toughest woman I have ever met. I remember her cooking for my grandpa and cleaning her house when she had pneumonia a few years back. This being unable to care for her husband is very hard on her.
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Lifted up in prayer.

Perma-Banned

Prayer sent.

Boolit Master
    Prayers Sent

Moderator Emeritus

Father please heal Jr.'s grandmother. Please speed her through her therapy and restore her health. Please watch over her husband during the time that Jr.'s grandmother is absent from her home. Please guide the doctors and therapists that work toward her recovery and please remove any associated fears associated with her stroke. Amen
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Prayers sent. Hope she has a full and speedy recovery.

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    Prayers for your family.
    The enemy of good is better.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Praying for your grandmother and her recovery

Boolit Master

Father we come bringing this most pressing issue before You and ask to heal and comfort as only You can. We ask that You will be with those who care for Grandpa and Grandma, We ask that Grandma will regain her health and return home with no ill effects. We ask that You will help all who are involved to keep their spirits up and their eye on You. We ask all these things in Jesus Name, Amen

Thank you all,

One of my uncles has come to stay with my grandfather and help him out for a few days. We will know more about grandma's condition tomorrow.

Praise be to God that I have a place to request his intervention on a large scale.
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Boolit Master

Praying for a full recovery
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Sincere Prayers for Faith, Hope, Healing, Love, Mercy, and Good Doctors... Grandmas are special....Dale

Boolit Buddy

Prayers for your Grandma & Grandpa

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Praying for Grandma's healing and recovery, also for Grandpa's care. May God Bless you and your family, Jr.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Prayers up for your grandmother. Be glad you have one. I never got to know either of mine. May God bless and be gentle with her.

Update :

At last word Grandma was being released from the hospital this afternoon. The physical therapist was amazed at her recovery.

Within 48 hours she went from having no strength or coordination on her left side to being able to move on her own with assistance of a walker.

She is still weak on her left side but is able to get around and lift her left arm above her head. Prognosis went from a nursing home to her home in this short time.

Thank you all for your prayers, I am so glad I have this place to come to.

Praise God, to Him goes all Glory.
    And Jr., I'm glad that we all can come to this place too.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Amen! I never had a grandma, but kind'a "adopted" my eldest aunt as a substitute, and couldn't have found a better one. My own Mom meant SO much to my son, growing up. Agape love is their forte, usually. Freed from the confines of having to provide discipline, they lead, and lead very well. Thank God for all the grandma's in this world. They give so much, and expect so little in return. What greater example of Christ's love could we have?

Glad to hear she's improving, and indeed, God's love and power IS awesome, and so humbling when it's observed!