WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: RCBS 32-170-FN and 303 Brit

RCBS 32-170-FN and 303 Brit

I would like to hear from those of you that have used this boolit loaded in 303 British.
    The rifle I'm working with slugs
    .304/.317.
    The throat/free bore is .320 and a fired case measures .320 as well.

I originally purchased the Lee C324-175-r for this rifle but returned it because I could see daylight through it.
    I checked the other one on the shelf and it was the same way. I'm guessing it was a burr but had decided not to buy anymore Lee molds before I bought this one.Okay enough of that.

If there are other molds out there that you've had success with please share.

Sent Via Tapatalk
    Okie

We have a saying in our house: No pity for self inflicted wounds!

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    What you propose should work should work if you already have the mold. For what a new RCBS mold costs you are close to the cost of a custom mold from Accurate or NOE. NOE makes clones of #311299 in larger .314 and .316 sizes which are an option, and any of the Accurate .303 bullets can be ordered in custom diameters.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master

That C324-170-FN should work fine as you surmise. You might have to size it a bit though. I regularly size the 323470, the 323471 and a GB C325-190-FN down to .316 and .318 for use in such rifles. I seat and crimp the GC and lube in a .325 H&I and then use honed out Lee push through sizers to size down. The lube in the grooves Keeps the lube groove from being compressed/smeared away. Pictured is the 323471 and the C325-190-FN sized down to .314. You can see how much smaller the 3 front lube grooves w/o lube have become in the 323471.

Larry Gibson

Attachment 189251

I guess the bigger question for me is how well does this particular design work? I've been looking at the options presented by NOE and Accurate for weeks now and was leaning toward having Accurate cut something custom when I ran across this RCBS mold.
    Midway has it on sale right now for $66.99
    Okie

We have a saying in our house: No pity for self inflicted wounds!

Boolit Grand Master

It should work fine. Only potential problem would be a too short throat for the nose to fit up into. Most .303s have long throats and I've not had problems even with the Loverin 323471. You'll have to do a chamber/throat cast to find out about the length/diameter of throat up near the leade where that bullet nose will need to enter inyour rifle.

Larry Gibson